Chapter 13
69 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Chapter 13

I don't need to guess to know that this kid is very enthusiastic about plants. He keeps asking me questions with sparkles in his eyes. I just patiently answered his question.

"Young— Robert… We made a deal that you only want to take a look at the shop." Felix said.

"You didn't tell me that the owner of the shop is a master of plants." Robert argued.

"Master of Plants is not a title that I'm willing to claim. I just know little about plants." I awkwardly rebuke Robert's praise.

"No, you are a master! I have never met anyone who knows so much about plants. I want to be just like you!"

This kid clearly didn't meet a lot of people who study plants.

I know that there are people who dedicated their whole lives learning about plants, inventing new techniques for plants, compared to them I am a nobody. 

"There are people who know better about plants than me, Little Robert. They are just hiding in their houses or towers and continuing on with their lives learning more about plants." I gently pat Robert's head.

He looked at me with curious eyes. "There are people like that?"

"Of course there are, you just need to look carefully. You love plants, right?"

"They are the most interesting and beautiful thing."

"They are, aren't they? Then look for a better teacher and never accept the less. Goodbye, have a nice day." I wave my hand as I hint Felix to send the boy away.

I'm tired of answering the boy's questions that don't even benefit me for anything.

I would rather them give me information than me giving them information. Talking to the little kid is just a waste of time. I'm not very fond of kids, they are pretty annoying I must say. Well, except for Leonardo, he is pretty obedient.

Felix blushed as if he was ashamed. He gave me a look as if he was saying 'sorry'.

"I— Robert let's go. We don't want to disturb Kari's work."

"Wait for a moment."

"What is it?"

"Even though you are not the Master of Plants, can I still ask you questions if we ever meet again?" Robert looked at me with hopeful eyes.

I took a sigh.

"Of course. I will answer your question if it's within my range of knowledge." 

I hope I don't see you again though. You look like someone who has a very high status, a troublesome status.

As a spy, I need to limit how high I need to be. I need to be in a status that people will not give attention to. Being a servant is already enough for now.

Getting the attention of the higher status will put me in danger. They gain me the envy of others,  I don't want that to happen.

Robert reluctantly waved his hand. I waved back with a smile and never left my sight on them until the door of the shop closed.

Now let's think about something else.

Plant Mage…

I never heard of it and the books that I have read didn't mention anything about them…more like 'Plant Mage' was never mentioned at all.

There are more things I need to study about this world than I thought.

I touched the Blood Bond Contract Symbol 

[Do you know anything about Plant Mages?] 

[Plant Mages? I never heard of them.]

[They seem to exist in human territory. Does this mean there are things that demons don't know about humans?]

[That's true. We don't know a lot of things that humans can do.]

I let out a frustrated sigh.

[I need to study again… I think there is a library at the Duke Cole's Mansion. If I ever get hired, I will have a chance to get access to their books. However, if I don't get the job, I need to look for other ways to know this kind of stuff.]

[Renna, I know that you really want to help but don't push yourself too hard.]

[Don't worry, I will not. Working for other nobles might be good enough for plan B, I only need access to their library.]

There is a public library in the Caro Kingdom but only nobles are allowed to enter. They should have called it Nobles Library instead of Public Library. Tch.

Change of plans. I need to get to know the humans more than get information about the happenings about the nobles and royalties, the other spies can do that.

When I was about to start cleaning the shop the bell rang again.

People are too early today…

"Welcome to Planty Plant Shop. We have different types of plants that you may—"

"May I ask if this is the shop that sells Sky Flower?" A red-haired guy with fierce eyes said.

He looks like a noble…A rude noble too. He didn't even let me finish speaking. Why is he asking about the Sky Flower?

"Sorry, we don't have Sky Flower anymore. The plant is very hard to plant and grow."

"I will arrest you for selling such a plant!"

Oh no, he looks angry.

I stepped back and put as much distance between us. He looks like a dangerous guy, he might do something that can hurt me at any time.

"Sky Flower can't do anything harm to anyone. It is not poisonous. May I ask if it is banned in the Caro Kingdom? If it is, I will look for the buyer. I'll take the plant back and return the money that he gave me. I will also shut the shop down and promise to never sell plants again. Please, just don't arrest me." I looked down pretending to be sad.

Is my acting pretty convincing? I don't really know.

He looked at me awkwardly. "Uhm…no need for you to do those kinds of things. Just give me a plant that is better than the Sky Flower. It doesn't matter how expensive it is. I will give you 150 gold coins."

Another rich noble… Are nobles just treating gold coins as dirt nowadays?

"Hurry up!"

"Y-Yes. Wait for a second."

There are a lot of plants that are much better than Sky Flower because Sky Flower is just for decoration.

"Can I ask what type of person the receiver is?" 

"She is the most beautiful person, the kindest person and the most gentle person you'll ever know! She deserves to receive the best things in the world. That damn Charles gave her that ugly plant!"

Ugly plant? Is he talking about the Sky Flower? Wait a minute...is this a love triangle? Seriously? This person doesn't seem to be a very smart one.

"What type of plant do you think will suit her?"

"Something that is the best! The best plant!"

How would you know what 'the best plant'? Plants have their own specialty...so you can't really know if they are the best or not. It all depends on someone's preference.

I wanted to take a sigh but chose to maintain the business smile.

I want to spank this person to his senses.

I can just give him an expensive plant like what I did to his love rival.

I took the Blue Fire Flower. The second most expensive plant in the shop.

"This flower is called the Blue Fire Flower. The flower is like a blue flame but the flame doesn't produce any heat, it can't hurt anyone. However, it must not be exposed to the cold, the flower will disappear if it does." This is another plant that's only purpose is for decoration but less expensive than the Sky Flower. It's only 50 gold coins. I will not tell him that.

3