Chapter 15
56 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Chapter 15

I would have understood this butler's order if they informed us in advance that they will make us work the same time we step foot inside the mansion or told us to bring our own materials and gardening tools.

I observed the others, looking for someone who brought a gardening tool. There was none! 

I'm guessing they only bought clothes, etc. However there's no gardening tools. 

Each one of us only bought one bag. If someone brought a gardening tool, they are people stupid enough to mix it with their clean clothes…but would such a thing?

Cleaned clothes and gardening tools together in one bag doesn't sound right.

I can feel the tension of the atmosphere.

The butler just looked at us with arrogance as if he was looking at disgusting worms.

I want to laugh at this cliché moment. 

As for regret on coming here, forget that! I think this scenario is also exciting. 

I want to see a scenario where the person who has a higher status looks at the gardeners like worms. He will use their power to bully us weak and pitiful gardeners.

Imagining the eyes of these people turning into an eyes full of resentment towards the people of the house especially those people who ridiculed them and made things harder for them, making unreasonable and impossible demands. It's very interesting! I feel like watching a live action drama. What's amazing is I can also be part of the drama as a background character. I wonder who will be the candidate for the protagonist role.

I do hope that someone will stand up for the rights of us gardeners and will help us fight for the happy ending.

 Well, I don't really think someone will stand up for us. That's also good too! Watching these youthful gardeners suffer one by one and will slowly start to lose hope and surrender. Such a sad story of survival.

A story full of tears and bitterness without any sweetness.

I want to laugh at my hilarious thoughts.

I looked around with only my eyes without moving my head.

There are people who looked at the butler with anger, some still haven't recovered from shock and there are also some people who are waiting for others to make the first move.

"Diego! What are you doing?!" A young girl in maid attire came running towards us.

When she arrived in front of us, she took her time to stabilize her breathing because she seemed to have been running for a while.

She seems to be at the age of 17-16 and very energetic…

"Diego, you're scaring the new workers again. I'm sorry everyone, I will be the one who will lead you to your rooms and then give you the materials and proper instructions that the master gave. Don't mind Diego, he is a nice guy. He is just making fun of you. I'm Luna, the maid of this household." She's wearing a very bright smile and also gave us a cheerful feeling.

Some young men around her age blushed and the tension seems to have disappeared without a trace.

I do agree that she's cute, however, she is so friendly that it makes me feel suspicious about her.

I brushed my thoughts off and followed them towards the servant's chambers.

I must say that the room is not as small as I thought it would be, it's not big either. There are 2 deck beds in one room so this means that 4 people will share the room.

There are also 4 cabinets on the wall. They are not big but it has enough space for my things. 

I'm a bit satisfied with this place. However, men and women are mixed in a room… I actually want to protest that but it might cause me unnecessary trouble and the others don't seem to mind as they put their things on their respective cabinets.

The former enthusiastic new hired gardeners are not as happy as before. 

Knowing that you have an unreasonable superior that can bully you at any time, who will be happy about that?

Luna said that Diego is a 'nice' guy and he is just scaring us. Who will believe her?

Diego's look of disgust as if we are worms, those are genuine and definitely not fake. There's no nice guy who will look at people like that.

Some of the people were convinced by the girl but there also some people who are like me that's not convinced but choose not to voice it out.

"Is everyone ready? Now, let's go to the place where the gardening tools are stored." 

The servant chambers are not far away from the storage house which didn't take time for us to get there.

"I don't know much about gardening so if there is anything missing, don't hesitate to tell me."

Aren't there any previous gardeners? Why didn't they ask them what gardeners needed?

There's actually 3 storage houses. She led us to the first one. I can see that the other two are locked.

The others seem to have noticed it too. They are also curious but no one stepped up to ask what are the insides of those other storages.

"The task the Master assigned to you is to make a beautiful garden using the vacant field where Diego showed you earlier."

What do you mean by beautiful? People have different types of taste of what beautiful is. 

This kind of reminds me of the red-haired guy. He just said "the best" but didn't say what the criteria were to reach the level of "the best".

A garden with a fairyland garden theme is considered beautiful to people who like fairy tales, however to some, this type of theme is very cringe and girly.

A garden with a classical style theme is considered beautiful to some but boring to others.

So what does she mean by "beautiful".

Of course, I won't ask her that because I don't want to stand out.

If we ever 'fail' to reach their standard of beauty, I'm ready to be scolded with these guys. We might even get fired together. I don't think they will execute  just because we didn't reach their standard of beauty.

Now that I think about it. 

Is the garden really a gift for the princess? I wonder what type of person she is... Is she gentle, stupid, elegant, or scheming?

This girl called Luna too, she doesn't seem to have status that is equal to the commoners, she can even scold Diego who seems to look down on us commoners. Is she a noble too? Why is she working as a maid then? Does she have a higher status than Diego? Is Diego a noble?

I seem to have a lot of questions.

I erased my thoughts and just focused on the present situation. My questions will be answered as long as I stay at this mansion.

3