The Worst Day 2
52 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as they apparated in the Lestrange house, Ophelia felt this intense sense of dread. She pouted the whole time and couldn't understand why she had to be there with all those murderers.

"Here again, aren't you, Babbity?" Bellatrix asked entering the room and lurking around Ophelia like a dementor. "How's school going? Still having friends?" she added knowing what she has done just a few months ago.

"What about you? Have you reached the next level of craziness? Are you a pureblooded maniac yet?" Ophelia answered with more wit than she actually felt. "Are you the Dark Lord's favourite already? I suppose you killed more muggles than anyone in the wizarding world. A fanfare of enslaved house elves should sing in your name, O Holy Bellatrix! We bow to you in order not to get our heads cut!" 

Clearly, she was out of her mind to taunt Bellatrix now Lestrange. The surroundings were not opportune for making fun of her either: it was a wide hall with incredible echo. The whole house could hear Ophelia's booming voice, not that she wanted it any different. 

"I would be careful what you say, Babbity. You never know when your time comes," Bellatrix threatened, her dark eyes staring at the Hogwarts student with the same psycho glint as Evan's. 

"Draw your wand out. Come on! Try and kill me!" Ophelia's green orbs dilated, her whole body getting a kick from all the pent up anger and frustration she had felt at school. "Why don't you just do it already, hm? Are you a coward?"

Bellatrix didn't need to be told twice, she grabbed her wand and levitated Ophelia high, close to the ceiling, before she used the cruciatus curse on her. Thanks to all the times she had been tortured before, Ophelia did not give the awaited reaction therefore Bellatrix did it again and again and again.

"Crucio!" She screamed, moving from place to place so that she could hit the young girl in different spots. 

"Bella!" 

Ophelia opened her eyes enough to see Narcissa enter in hurry. 

"It's enough, Bella. You're going to kill her at this rate." Narcissa added feeling like she was doing her future-husband a favour. Lucius had a soft spot for Ophelia and he was bad at hiding it so, as his future  wife, she might as well support him. 

"That's what she wants! That's what we all want!" Bellatrix answered bemusedly as if everything was just a game to her.

"Not the Dark Lord. He wants her alive." Narcissa had a good point, it reminded her sister of something because Bellatrix let Ophelia drop. 

With no energy to get up, Ophelia could only lie there. Bellatrix bent next to her and pulled her close by her hair.

"Be careful what you wish for, Babbity. Next time you ask me to kill you, I will." She whispered, the look in her eyes telling Ophelia that she was very serious. 

With the crazy gone, Ophelia groaned and carefully rose on her feet. Narcissa helped her on the nearest armchair and sighed heavily.

"Thank you," the student started in a meek voice. 

"I won't be here all the time to stop her and, as you well know, she is hard to convince to stop. You should be more careful."

"I shouldn't be here in the first place. I have a home, I should be there." Ophelia said feeling the damage in her arms and legs. Nothing was broken, luckily, but she had blood running down her nose and even had to spit some out. She was probably a mess on the inside.  

"It would be easier if you just act  as if you are interested in what happens here. You do like the dark arts,"

"But I don't like using magic to kill innocent people." 

"Not everyone that dies is innocent. I haven't been out there just yet but I know it is a horrible sight."

"Then why are you here? Why are you a Death Eater?" Ophelia asked with frustration.

"Because that is how it is. Tradition is very important to us, our loyalty lies with our families. We do what we have to do in order to create a better world."

"For who? For you, a few people who believe to be above all the rest? My father's ideas are wrong."

"You shouldn't let him hear your real thoughts. You should simply do what he asks you to do."

"He wants to kill me, my soul that is." Ophelia said, knowing that was what her father wanted. It wasn't immortality for her, it was all so that he could live forever in any way possible. "I did some research at school," She actually went on a journey through her professor's memory, to be honest, "One can split his soul into horcurxes. It wasn't easy to find information on them but I did. He wants to place a piece of his soul inside me and we both know it will consume me. I don't want that. I don't want to live for somebody else."

Narcissa listened with an expressionless face. IT was hard to know what exactly she was thinking and Ophelia didn't care enough to use legilimency. After a few moments of complete silence, Narcissa sighed again.

"We all have to sacrifice bits of ourselves in order to survive this world. This chance of being immortal is one of a kind. I advise you to think it over. There may be more to gain than to lose." She said taking the side of her precious lord Voldemort. 

Ophelia stared into the brown eyes of this pretty blonde woman and couldn't help laugh. It started off as a suppressed chuckle but it evolved into loud, almost maniacal laughter. 

"Wow, Lucius really chose a great wife. You'll definitely live a long life, Narcissa. They groomed you to perfection." The words coming out her mouth were a lot meaner than her expression. She seemed so serene while insulting the person that saved her life just a few minutes ago. 

"You're still a kid but you'll see that I am right." 

Ophelia watched Narcissa leave and felt the urge to go and see her boyfriend. The thought of having his arms wrapped around her gave her enough strength in her legs to stumble towards his room. 

"You're being reckless,  Rabastan," was the imposing voice of Aeron Lestrange. He wasn't loud enough to be heard in the whole house but enough to be heard from right outside the door. Besides, they didn't even bother closing it. "Didn't lord Voldemort order you to cut your ties with his daughter?"

"He did but it's not easy. I worked very hard to get close to her and have her open up to me. All that work cannot be in vain." He said already growing pissed.

Ophelia leaned against the wall and kept herself calm. It was expected to have Tom involve himself into everything, including her romantic life but the rest...was he really just using her? She felt this pain in her chest but didn't rush to conclusions yet.  

"I still see you sending her letters and spending time with her. It's not a good image for our family." Aeron started with a scolding tone. "I don't have to remind you what is more important, do I? She is not a good influence to you, she is only a distraction."

"You don't have to lecture me, father. I do know what my priorities are and I will break up with her. You don't think that one little girl is enough to push me astray." Rabastan almost yelled it out, annoyed that his father chose this particular day to barge into his room and scold him. He had to leave soon and he needed a clear mind, not all these frustrations and doubts.

"Don't disappoint me, Rabastan." Aeron said sternly before the door cracked, grabbing their attention. 

"Yeah, Rabastan. Don't disappoint your father." Ophelia appeared in the door frame and almost lashed out. 

"Ophelia..."

The look in her eyes was enough to break his heart. She was hurt, broken and she looked like she had already been through something before he ripped her heart apart. Maybe she wouldn't have believed him if he didn't sound so genuine. Worse was, he was genuine. Just because he didn't say it bluntly did not mean that he didn't cut ties with her. All his letters were just about how busy he was and how sorry he was for breaking his promises and yet...maybe he wasn't that apologetic.

Nobody wants to see their worst nightmare come to life. Hearing the words that hurt you the most can potentially break you for life. It felt like the end of the world for Ophelia and not only because Rabastan lied to her but because everything seemed to be breaking now piece by piece.

Ophelia was crying in a very ugly manner. She had tears running down her face and snot on her upper lip. Her whole form was shaking and there was no real place she could hide in. Dobby and Rosie flinched out of reflex when she barged inside the kitchen. 

"Please, take me out of here. I need to leave right now and I can't apparate yet." She cried out.

Dobby frowned and at the gentle push of the others, he approached her and grabbed her hand. 

"Where should Dobby apparate?" 

She couldn't go to a place where she could be found and she couldn't go to Hogwarts. Her mind worked diligently and she gave him one name.

"Potter. Apparate at Potter's home." 

Dobby was confused because he had never met this Potter before. Rosie sighed and she disapparated for a short few minutes. She returned with Dylis who looked like he was in much more pain than Ophelia. 

"Dylis will take Miss to Fleamont Potter." He said and hugged her. Dobby took a few steps back and silence fell in the kitchen. 

Rabastan ran in, a second too late. He seemed out of it, his hair was all messy and his breath was uneven. 

"Where is she?" He asked through gasps. 

Dobby narrowed his eyes at the person that hurt the one girl that treated him nicely and respectfully. He might have stupefied him out if it wasn't for Rosie. 

"Miss left. Rosie is sure that Miss is better far away from Mister Rabastan." She sounded very mean which gave the boy an idea of the state Ophelia was in. 


Dylis apparated in front of the Potter residence. It was late at night, every light in the neighborhood was off and it was incredibly silent. 

The house elf knocked rather loudly and hoped someone will open the door. To his surprise, it was Sirius Black. He was still sleepy, just woken up by the need to pee and the noise outside. 

"What-" He instantly woke up at the sight of the magical creature. His eyes widened when he noticed the girl standing behind the house elf. "Come in, quickly."


Standing on the couch in the living room, Sirius already kind of knew it was about her father. Dylis sat on the chair, waiting patiently for his miss to calm down.

"Should Dylis make tea? It usually soothes miss when she is sad." 

"Sure." 

Dylis nodded and found his way around with ease. 

"What happened Ophelia?" He asked holding her hand. 

"There's no love, never was. He only acted as he was instructed to. Between me and dad, he chose-" She said, hiccups making it hard to understand her. 

But Sirius got the point. Rabastan was forced to choose between his loyalty to Voldemort and his love for her. It was obvious what he picked, which was quite a surprise for Sirius. The young Lestrange brother seemed ready to fight the whole world for her and yet...

"It's alright, you're here now." He said wrapping his arms around her, comforting her the best he could. "How did you know where to come?" 

"I came to the one person that never lied to me. The Potters have a way of making me feel safe." She said although she was still crying. "I couldn't go to a place where they'd look for me." She added before she wiped her nose with the back of her hand. "Why are you here?" 

"The same reasons, pretty much. I couldn't take my mother's nagging and yelling and judging anymore so I left for good. The Potters...they are really nice people." Sirius explained, moving the hair out of her eyes. 

Dylis came at the perfect moment and handed both Gryffindors their tea. It smelled like home, to be honest. 

"Thank you, Dylis. Go back home and if Cerberus asks you about me, just tell him I am safe. But if anyone except him comes and inquires about my whereabouts, don't say a word."

Dylis looked like he wasn't ready to leave his miss with a boy in a house that he didn't know much about. But he did leave, trusting her completely. 

"You have a way with house elves, don't you?" 

"I treat them the same I'd like to be treated. Especially by purebloods like Malfoy and Lestrange. They act detestably with everyone." She mumbled before taking a sip. Chamomile tea with a bit of honey was her favourite. 

"What will you tell James?" Sirius asked after a calming pause. 

"The truth. Hopefully, my heart won't be broken twice in a matter of hours." She said with a bitter chuckle. Sirius sighed and kept her close to him, rocking her gently as if she was a child. 

Ophelia fell asleep like that, in Sirius' arms as he was still caressing her hair. He couldn't go back to sleep, he could still feel her tremble in her sleep. How could anyone believe that using a 15 year old girl was profitable? And he appeared to be so gentle and genuine with her. At the same time, Sirius could understand Rabastan's point of view as well. Lestrange was an important family and they were one of Voldemort's pillar families. He was a scary, manipulating, cold parent and Rabastan was probably scared that his family will suffer or that he will get killed. Sirius was a Black and he knew how the pressure of being a part of such a narrow minded, power hungry family was like. 

Ophelia slept until Sirius moved. He fell asleep some time while thinking about his own family. She looked up at him and saw him drooling a bit. Ophelia smiled and remained in her current position on his chest. His heart was beating in a constant rhythm, one that was making her sleepy. 

Just like kicking onto a door strongly, she felt the barriers of her mind being pushed. Nobody had the skills to use such powerful legilimency, nobody but Tom. 

"Damn," she mumbled, using everything she learned from Spinnard and Knowingall in order to block his entrance. She had to find some other way to keep herself protected from him, she had to ask Dumbledore for some tips. 


Bright in the morning, before even his parents woke up, James went downstairs for a nice breakfast with his mate. Sirius was awake already, watching a girl sleep peacefully on his make-up bed. 

"What the...blimey, Sirius!" 

"Shh, she's still sleeping. She had a rough night." Sirius whispered hitting his friend.

"What is she doing here? What happened?" Taking a closer look,James felt like his protective side kicked in. "Why the name of Merlin was she crying?" 

"Rabastan broke up with her." Sirius explained as he pushed James into the kitchen. The glasses boy hit his knee against the chair in the movement.

"What?!" 

"Yeah. She'll explain it all when she wakes up." 

"When did she arrive? And how?" 

"Her house elf friend brought her last night, around midnight. She cried herself to sleep." Sirius told James everything and the glasses boy was furious.

"How could that asshole turn out to be as much of a fuck up as his brother?" James had only curses for the Lestranges. "And why was she even at the Lestrange Manor?!When did she even date Rabastan, he graduated two years ago!" 

Shuffling noise made both boys turn towards the entry. Ophelia was there rubbing her eyes like a child. She came and sat on the chair next to James. She didn't speak.

"He didn't deserve you, badge. You deserve so, so much better than that prick." 

Ophelia looked up at James and couldn't help but tear up.

"James, I really thought he was going to fight for more and with me. If I was wrong about him then I am wrong about many things too." 

"Don't say that and don't cry, Ophelia. You have us. You'll always have us." He said and leaned towards her ready to hug her. She stopped him as she leaned away from him. 

"You don't even know the real me. I like the dark arts, I cannot agree with all the values of Gryffindors and I act like a Slytherin at times. Whenever I have the chance, I clam up and only tell you what you want to hear. I am just like my father: possessive, greedy, manipulative...scary even." 

James scoffed and rolled his eyes. He more or less forced Ophelia into a hug by pulling her into his arms. 

"Don't be stupid, you think I don't know who I befriended? You are my badge." 

"But James, my father is Voldemort." She said starting to cry when she felt him tense. Only their beating hearts and breathing was heard for a while. James didn't let her go, though. 

"...so what? I know you, I've been living with you for the last five years. Whoever your father is, I could care less. You are my badge. You are a Gryffindor and I will always be your friend." 

Ophelia's eyes widened and she wrapped her arms around Potter's neck tightly. Sirius teared up as he watched James tear up. Ophelia was already crying her heart out.

2