Chapter 5
52 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5 -  Guilty 

Nikolai went closer to Aby and patted her back. His brows furrowed when he thought about their dead child. It was a sad topic for the both of them, especially Aby was injured and couldn't conceive anymore.

  Just as he was about to speak, the walls of the barrier began to ripple. He squinted his eyes to the right and quickly took out his  pistol from his back. 

Bam! Bam!

  Two shots but it didn't even injure the tall zombie a bit. But because of the gunshot, the zombies turned their head and made a crowd to them. 

"Ah!" A little girl screamed when the zombies began to near them. Sid looked around in confusion when the gunshot was fired, his ears were almost bleeding because of the volume. 

  Jess walked back in fear and quickly took out her sythe that was in her back. She then shouted, "Wind Ami" and white smoke began to cover her sythe. Several wings began to form in the handle that let's the sythe levitate. 

  Aby opened her eyes and then spread her arms wide. She then chanted while waving her hands, "Turtle shell, Phoenix feather, Dragon scale, horse leather!" And her stick began to glow in Greenish red hue that had separated itself like bubbles. She then closed her eyes again and raised her stick up high, "FORTIFICATION!" she shouted as she spread her hands and began waving them to everyone's direction.

Blop.  Blop. 

  The kids looked at themselves and realized that they were covered with a bubble like cover. Sid glanced at everyone and then himself, the bubble may seem easy to break but in reality it was formidable.

But why did Aby chanted a chant before making the spell? Well, there were different kinds of ability users. There were attack-based ability and defence-based ability. 

   Attack-based abilities are separated by elements. Water, fire, earth and wind. Simple, isn't it? Well, attack-based abilities are simple chanted or it needs no chant at all. Whereas, Defence-based abilities are in need for simple chanted and long chants. 

Why? Well, when an attack-based ability users are fighting, it would make the battle end up too boring if long chants are needed. Especially when you fight a high-leveled zombie. 

Zombies tend to be fast, based on their level and the category they are listed.

 Fat zombies are weight carriers and is slow in speed, but their attack power is doubled so Defence-based ability users can chant high-level spells when they encounter one. While Thin zombies are tend to be more faster but a lot slower than a cheetah, this is where attack-based ability users use their spells to deal damage with it while their companion, a defence-based ability users spend the time given to chant spells.

    "Get ready!" Aby then opened her eyes and warned everyone. The barrier filled with ripples began to make holes, not even a minute later, the barrier broke. 

Grrr! 

The tall zombie launched its claws towards them but Jess swang her scythe and it's claws fell on the ground in the pond of Pink blood. 

After the swing, Nikolai followed with a tall katana in his hands. He then charged at the back of the tall zombie, giving it a small wound on the back.

GRRRR! 

The tall zombie quickly vanished from it's place and appeared from behind. Since it couldn't kill those adults, it would kill the children instead. 

  "Kyaa!" The little girl screamed as she places both of her hands in front. "Earth Mull!" The little girl shouted and the ground began to shake, although her mastery and level of her abilities aren't that great, she still could deal some damage.

Plop.

A boulder of the size of an adult appeared on the ground where the tall zombie landed. It hit it's legs which made it unbalanced.

 The little boy then took out his hands and pointed his pinky finger into the air, "Flare!" the little boy screamed as small flames appeared in the sky. 

     Unlike Joe's fire, the little boy's was not even half as his. 

The wind then picked up and the flames charged at the tall zombie. 

Flrrrrssshh!

The flames then attached itself into the zombie making it have minor burns.

Grrrooowwwl!

The zombie growled as it raised it's head above. The wind then began to pick up but it started to get much more windy. 

  Jess felt her long skirt being dragged by the wind and couldn't help but cover it. Because of this, her scythe lost control and fell on the ground. 

Plop. 

   Her flushed and embarrassed face turned pale. Oh shit! She made a mistake!

  The thin zombie then gave out a dry laugh before vanishing and appearing in front of Jess. 

Sid watched the fight with observant eyes. The thin zombie had the wind-typed ability, the little girl had Earth-typed, the little boy had Fire-typed, Jess has wind-typed, while Aby has a barrier-type one. 

  He and Nikolai were the only ones not possessing any abilities, so the fight was hard. 

Sid then touched his cheeks and looked at Jess that was close to death. What could he do? He was helpless.

 He then remembered he was the cause of the trouble and guilt arose from him. 

   But he was a zombie, should he help the humans or not?

    Nikolai was busy fending off the small zombies that were in crowds. He didn't notice that his sister-in-law was in danger. 

  Only then did he notice when Aby screamed. He turned around and saw Jess that was pale and the thin zombie that was grinning creepily.

   It raised it hands and a purple colored nail in its claw was visible. That purple color then changed shape and formed into a worm. The thin zombie then raised its hands and let the worm fall into Jess that was struck dumb on her spot. 

   Aby squinted her eyes and her eyes then widened. Her hands trembled her voice cracked, "No! Jess! No!" 

  She tried to run towards her sister but if she did the kids would be in trouble. She closed her eyes and bit her lip. 

  She  can't watch. She can't.

Nikolai also had his eyes widened to the point it would be gauged out. His hands trembled as he kept on fending off the little zombies from attacking the group. 

   Sid shifted his gaze to Jess who was shivering in fear. The purple worm began to drill the bubble barrier to get its prey. He didn't know why Aby and Nikolai were in fear of the worm, but that could only meant that it was pure danger. 

   When the thin zombie lost its contact with the purple worm, it's body began to sway side to side. It then shifted it's head to look at the group one last time before falling into the ground. 

No one cared about it's death. Everyone's gaze were on Jess whose sight was on the worm that was halfway to the bubble.

Jess shifted her gaze to her sister and questioned, "Can't you make the barrier much more formidable? I don't want to die. Help me sister! Make another layer of protection on the barrier. I can't die! Aby, Help me!" 

1