Chapter 2
64 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 - A broken world

Zombies, what do you think these are? Undead moving bodies that started to arise in the human filled populations. 

When the apocalypse started, many became crazy because of fear and the lack of understanding. Human survival was on the decline, even animals started to mutate into something none liked. 

 Humans had to hide, had to try, had to kill. If they don't, they won't survive in this world that went downhill. When the population became one-third of what it was in the past, humans mutated and gained supernatural powers. 

 At first, they thought that the heavens forsaken them. Only to know that even the zombies also mutated.  

 It has been already five years since the apocalypse started. The cities became ruins, the future in mind of modernization didn't even happen...

...

 Sid kept on walking in day and night, he had not need to rest for his body was already dead.  On his journey to the nearest city was kind of easy, there was no presence except him walking in the lone streets. 

 In his hand was a pile of books that he had brought with him when he came to a run-down library. He couldn't put them inside his bag because it was already full, he panicked at first and then decided to carry it instead. 

 Just as he was having trouble maintaining his balance, he noticed the presence of people not far from him. 

They were currently battling a large zombie which exhausted them alot. 

"Zane!" A young lady screamed as she tries to rescue another girl who was taken by the zombie. The captured girl opened her eyes halfway before being eaten by the zombie. 

Crunch. 

The girl's blood seeped down from her neck, her limbs fell as she fell to deep darkness. 

The Young lady covered her mouth with her hands as she stared at the dead girl being eaten. She shivered and she couldn't move. 

A man then tapped the young lady's shoulder. He embraced her as he raised his hands before him. The palm spread open as a red flame emerged. 

After the first flame appeared, dozen more then appeared out of thin air. The man then raised his index finger and screamed,  "Flare!" 

The thirteen flames then shot like lasers on the body of the zombie.  

Argh! 

The zombie cried in pain as it embraces itself. It's body was burning and rotting at a fast pace, the zombie then opened its mouth and a large drool came out. The drool then turned into water which made the fire disappear. It stared at the humans in anger. 

"A water-typed Zombie?" The man bit his lower lip before leaning back. He then jumped backwards and threw the young lady to his companion.  

Sid hid behind a broken wall and took a peek at the fight. He then took out a dirty cloth from  his bag and spread it below him. 

Sid then opened a picture book and stared at it with surprise. The story on the book was about a fight between zombies and humans. He became entertained, he would also take a short peek outside to see the fight. 

The man was heavily bruised the zombie was no better than him. He knew that the zombie couldn't be killed directly with his flame and thought of a quick plan. 

He smirked as he raises both his hands up high.  "Missiles!" He shouted and more than a hundred flame appeared in the air. He then pointed at the zombie but in truth it wasn't. He was pointing at the ground which would cause a smoke screen. 

"Fire!" He screamed and the flames from above began shooting like crazy. 

The fire hit the ground and the ground dissolved and became smoke, the zombie had opened his mouth to drool and it had protected itself with water. Thinking that it was burning, the water spread across it's body and vanished. 

When the zombie couldn't see clearly because of the smoke but it could feel a presence coming in its front, but because it was currently doing it's ability, it couldn't envade. 

SLASH!

A blinding ray of light came from the saber that was hidden in the back of the man, he had done a few slashes at the zombie which where the third one successfully slashed it's head. 

Sid looked at the fight with great astonishment and surprise, he clapped his hands after the winner was determimed. 

The man stood firm on the ground as he did not even glanced at the head that flew in the air and fell near the wall where Sid had hidden himself. 

Sid was about to gasp when he covered his mouth in hurry and peeked outside.

The man did not went to get the head, the man remained there and took out his saber again. 

Slash.

The man opened the zombie's chest and a red colored crystal was taken from it. 

"Jane." The man called out. He turned his head to the side where his companion and the young lady was.

Jane, the young lady clenched her dress tightly. Tears were still flowing in the side of her eye as she went closer to the man. 

"I'm really sorry, team leader Joe." Jane rubbed her eyes as she looked at Joe pitifully. 

Joe stared at her with a solemn face. He then took out a dagger from his back and gave it to Jane. He sighed and spoke, "I have already warned both of you and your sister to not leave first. But the both of you did not listen, now look at Zane." Joe then stopped for a while and glanced at the headless body in the corner of the road. He then questioned, "The world isn't like the past anymore. The strong are feared, the weak are trampled. You must now understand what I now mean, right?" 

Jane glanced at her dead sister, she then retrieved her gaze and accepted the dagger. She then spoke, "Yes. I now understand, team leader Joe." 

"Good." Joe patted the young lady's head before giving the crystal to his companion. 

His companion then spoke out as he puts the crystal inside the bag, "What about the zombie's head?" 

Joe glanced at the zombie head, he then replied, "No need. Only level-3 zombies have crystal fragments on their head." 

His companion then bowed down as he answered,"I see." 

The three humans then boarded the car and was no longer at sight. Sid couldn't help but feel fear. He was an undead, would humans also kill him? If the man came to get the head, would he have died? 

1