Chapter 1
86 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1- The boy in the Ghost town

In the ghost town that was located much far from the city, a petite body was walking on the lone streets alone. 

The boy had an orange hair color that was quite long and would often hide his eyes. Speaking of his eyes, it was deep black an empty hole. Isn't he human? No, he is not a human at all. 

But despite having the characteristics of a zombie, the boy had 'conciousness' that none of the rest had. 

He was like an infant, no knowledge, unable to speak, but he was able to 'learn' and 'evolve'. 

The boy was currently reading a book and his expressionless face gave out a little smile. He flicked the pages while walking, he felt happy, happy that he learnt something.                    

      Although the book he was reading was very hard for him to understand, he still enjoyed it. 

Clank. 

The boy stumbles upon a broken metal which made him lose his balance, his book flew into the air and fell on flat on the mud. 

He stood up in a hurry and was waving his hands in the air in worry. He has not yet finished reading it. 

He walked in circles before deciding to pick the book up, he rubbed his clothes on the muddy part of the book but it only made it worse. After a few tries, the mud finally was gone. He felt bright again but there was still a hint of sadness because some of the ink had been torn off. 

His clothes were now muddy, but he didn't care at all. He would glance at the metal scrap feeling a bit angry because of what happened to his book.

Clank!

The boy was furious, he couldn't hide his emotion well. He kept  on kicking the metal scrap in anger and the metal scrap would only fly to another place which triggered him. 

Clank! Clank!

He kicks again and his leg was about to discolate, but he didn't stop, he kept on kicking the metal scrap until it became flat. 

The boy felt joy for his victory, he had avenged his dear book. The latter dusted off his clothes and held his book in his embrace before turning around. 

As he explored the ghost town, he noticed that there were no one else but him in this place. 

It was gloomy, dark and glim. The sky didn't show traces of the sun but only stormy clouds with rain and storm. 

The roads weren't made of cement, it was made solely of mud. The ground didn't have enough heat to harden, it stayed wet that puddles of mud filled the road. 

As he was exploring he found a small and squeaky organism that made him jump in surprise. 

SPLASH!

 He fell on the muddy puddle. His whole body was covered in mud. Only his book was safe since he had closed it revealing nothing but the cover. 

SQUEAK

He stared at the small moving organism in front of him. It kept on squeaking and it's nose kept on going up and down. 

It cocked its head to the side as it also stared at him. 

He trembled slightly as he raises his index finger to point at it. Shaking he cried, "Aaaa!" 

He then covered his eyes, peeking slightly at the small organism in front of him. 

"Squeak Squeak?" The organism squeaked and then turned around and ran fast.

He then sighed and stood up, he looked down to look at his muddy clothes and rubbed it. 

But no matter how many times he had rubbed his clothes, it still remained dirty and much worse. 

His heart felt a slight pinch, this was the clothes he had himself wear since he woke up. It was a pair of black long sleeve and black shorts, it looked brand new earlier, but now it was dirty. 

He went to a nearby house, it had broken windows and an open door. He went inside and took his clothes off. 

As he did so, his pale and dull skin was revealed. In his abdomen were stitches and scars that was semi-visible. 

After he had taken his clothes off, he used the cloth to rub the muddy cover of his book. 

Upon he did so, a small yet thick paper fell out from one of the pockets. 

With curiosity, the boy squated and took it. 

Written on it was a name, Sid.      The boy felt something familiar with the name but he doesn't know what it meant. He then turned the paper around and saw a picture of a boy.

He stared at it in disbelief, the boy and him looked exactly the same. 

He held the picture closer to his chest, although his heart didn't beat, he could feel excitement. 

He took the picture out again and stared at it.

"S-SI-SID?" 

The boy tried his best to pronounce the name,  he felt happy as he did so. 

He rubbed his dry eyes and smiled as he looked at the picture and read the name again. 

Just as he was busied himself, he caught sight of a picture that was pasted on the wall in the house. 

It was like a huge city and there was many people on the streets. Being alone for months now, the boy decided to go and see the city for himself. 

He remembered that he was here to have a change of clothes, he then quickly looked for clothes since he was naked. 

He found a one piece pajama that was based on a cat. He wore it quickly and placed the picture in one of the pockets. 

He took a bag that was placed on the ground and placed his book, and more clothes inside.

He went out of the house with great motivation as he was going to start his journey. He decided to call himself "Sid" because he liked so. 

The zombie-boy finally leaves the ghost town and begins his journey. 

I finally started this! I really like apocalyptic stories with zombies. I wanted to have a smart Mc that would learn everything by himself slowly, this is a slow pace story. So I won't rush everything hehehe.

1