Chapter – 6
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 - Forgive me

Aby enhaled and exhaled a bit and said,"Sorry." 

Jess's couldn't believe what she heard. She was at her door to death, yet her sister wouldn't help her a bit.

Her pupils trembled and her knuckles turned white, she asked in a dejected tone,"Why?" 

Aby did not answer.

Jess raised her hands and covered her eyes that began to moisten. Her teeth began to grit at each other as she again asked, "Why?" 

Aby still did not answer.

Unable to have the answers needed, Jess shook violently. She then glanced around and her eyes then shut. After a few seconds, she then ran towards Sid in a hurry. 

Sid was caught of guard againts the sudden impulsion of Jess towards him. He wanted to dodge, but there was another kid behind him. 

Jess stretched out her hands and formed it into a claw, in was also by coincidence that the worm had broke into the bubble.

Blop. 

Jess's eyes rolled up and her mouth began to foam. The worm had fall into her scalp and began to dig a hole. 

Ah! 

A piercing scream came from Jess as her eyes began to bleed. But despite that, she still remained on her position and was only a few meters away from Sid.

Aby opened her eyes in fear and worry, she tried to get in way but Nikolai arrived and gripped her waist. 

Aby tried to break free from the grip of her husband but it was of no use, she could only push a bit more power into the bubble surrounding Sid to save him from trouble. 

Seeing on how her sister had protected a stranger instead of her, Jess was furious! 

"Are you even my sister!?" Jess asked as she was getting closer to Sid. 

But just like earlier, Aby did not reply at all. 

No longer on her mind, Jess felt her soul being sucked and her only thoughts was to kill Sid and let her sister in agony.

    Her short nails began to grow into a very sharp one that was dark in color, her eyes began to glow in strange greenish hue color. 

Slash! 

She raised her hands up high and slashed the bubble barrier a couple of times. Unable to break it, Jess, no, the zombie became more aggressive!

Aby watched them in horror. To her surprise, Sid did not show any sign of fear but she could feel that the boy wasn't calm either.

The zombies grew more larger in quantities and were going to them. There were also some level 2 zombies mixed in which made them shiver.

Nikolai couldn't take it anymore and cursed, "Who the f**k ate a zombie head outside!" 

Upon hearing this, Sid let his head down loose. He answered, "Please forgive me."

"What!" Nikolai eyes darkened and he then glanced at his wife. Pointing, he questioned, "Why did you brought him with us! Do you know that the zombie crystal fragments have a unique aroma making zombies salivate!? How could you be so dumb! Where is my smart wife!" 

"But he is a kid, Nikolai!" Aby argued back. 

"Huh? A kid? So what!" Nikolai pushed his katana forward and slashed the zombies coming to them. 

"Just because he is a kid, we can forgive him!?" Nikolai asked as he had tainted his hands with the splashing bluish green blood from the zombies. 

"It's no longer the past, Aby! We are in an apocalypse, someone will die and someone will live! We have already had trouble to save ourselves, yet you're thinking about saving another!" Nikolai gripped his katana's handle tight. 

He then look at Aby and said, "We're going on a detour." 

Aby had tears swelling up in her eyes. "What about Sid?" 

Without sparing Sid a glance, Nikolai then added, "Leave him alone. Go save your students and let's run away. Forget about him, he was the culprit behind this." 

"I..."

Aby yet to relpy. She was weighing the pros and cons to ensure whether to agree or not. She glanced at Sid who also looked at her. Her heart felt slight pain, she was the one who took Sid here and told him that she'll protect him. But, just like what Nikolai told her, she had already have a handful of people to protect, she could only say sorry to Sid inside her heart.

"Fine.."

Sid moved slightly upon hearing her agree, he was not sad but he felt betrayed. But he was the culprit and someone died because of his  carelessness.

The group of four had already ran away, leaving Sid and Jess in the middle of the wave. 

"Haha!" Jess laughed aloud when Sid was left behind. She covered one hand on her eye and said, "Look at her. My sister dared to leave me to die and she also left you." 

She paused and then asked Sid, "So your the culprit?" 

Sid didn't move his head that was down loose. He then bobbed his head slightly indicating what he spoke was true. 

"Haha......Because of you, I died!" Jess's face distorted and became ugly. She then raised her claw up high.

Pop.

She has yet to slash the bubble yet it had already popped. Smiling, she crazily slashed Sid a couple of times. 

Plop.

Sid flew back because of the wind accompanying the attack. He hit his back at a wall. 

Thinking that the kid was dead, Jess turned around and set her sight on the path the group had taken. 

"Wait.." 

Sid spoke out weakly. There was a small wound on his chest but the shocking thing is, he didn't die. 

"How!?" Jess asked with her eyes widened because of shock. The purple worm slithered up the hole on her scalp, when it looked around, it's body trembled upon seeing a blurry figure in red, miles away, looking at them with a frown on it's face. 

Scared, the worm slithered back to the hole and Jess felt unimaginable pain. 

Argh.

Jess lost her single  thread of humanity and consciousness, what was now left standing before Sid was a corpse. 

A corpse that was controlled by the purple worm. 

There were no other changes, except the corpse wobbling and it's eye can no longer focus.

Argh! 

The corpse cried. It's eye began to stare at the blurry figure in red in terror. Using it's wind ability, the corpse dashed away and left Sid who was unable to process anything. 

"???"

As if hundreds of question mark emojis appeared above his head. He began swiping it away. 

While doing that, the rest of the zombie wave also ran away, leaving Sid alone. 

Seeing that there were no more zombies except Sid in the place, the blurry figure in red smiled and it vanished like it wasn't there to begin with. 

Aiyaa, sorry for not updating often anymore. The connection here is like a roller coaster, sometimes fast and sometimes slow or there's no connection at all. Anyways, on the good side, I updated.

0