9. Escape
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hoard was closing in fast , the numbers exceeded 2000. The intelligence report the school got from the authorities mentioned the total number of hoards to be around a 1000 but this was more than double of it not to mention the small stray groups . Zu was the first one to speak , she fired of a red flare into the sky and turned to her group who was following closely. "The group is heading into the city center even  the gates wont be a bar to them , we have to divert them for the moment " she continued "although the hoard is large in number they are still beasts so they are not intelligent ,me and qing shi will scare them away with our ice and fire ki , you three need to reserve your strengths ,after we release our attacks we would not be able to run or even walk ,carry us to safety" she said looking at the rest.

"What about the teachers ?" Qing shi the 6 star apprentice asked.

"No, the beats are fast teacher would take at least an hour to arrive by the time beasts would be near the city gates"

"What if our plan fails", Lee asked.

"Then we fight until death", Zu said nonchalantly .

They stopped near a high rise area .The two girls waited for the hoard to arrive .

Shaking the whole world the swarm of beasts flocked the horizon , they were running alone in a arrow like fashion .

"King Boar ", Zu exclaimed , the king boars are higher grade beasts which rarely comes out they can lead the hoard with absolute control , even a 7 star apprentice would have a hard time fighting it , things didnt look good for the group. Zu shook her head and began concentrating getting read of her fear.

"Change of plans", she said "aim for the king boar ,try to kill it with one strike until the king stands the hoard wont stop". Everyone nodded, as the hoard came nearer the two young apprentices concentrated their ki's into their techniques a fire and ice pattern formed in front of them.

NOW

They both fired their techniques at the leader of the boars. A blinding light and huge sound ensued followed by the staggering cries of the wild beasts. The huge momentum they produced came to a standstill. Both the girls fell down , they gave their all to fire that huge technique. Lee and the other two rushed and grabbed them ,the two girls put their companions over their shoulders . "Lee you should go ahead and inform the teachers", one girl said as she turned to look at Lee.

Lee was standing on the high rise looking at the settling dust , he knew for a fact that the large energy concentration he felt hasnt died yet ,seeing Lee staring the two other girls became alert ,"dont tell me he didnt die", one girl was almost laughing with fear.

GROANN

Through the dust they heard a blood chilling cry , shooting out of the dust curtain the king boar charged at them , he was not even injured.

"He made the other beasts as his meat shield and blocked the attack", a visibly angry Lee said aloud. There was no escape , the king boar would reach them in a split second ,the two girls closed their eyes when in face of absolute power , the king boar was more than enough for 2 five star apprentices.

Lee's mind was thinking fast, yesterday night he did ponder over the possibility of his group getting surrounded, Lee thought it wont happen but here he is. Lee took of his ki suppression ,a great deal of energy became available for him in an instant. He charged in at the beast .

A second passed feeling they havent died the two girls opened their eyes to see Lee fighting the king boar, Lee relied on his speed to attack the boar even though his attacks where light but they could see the rest of the boar army rushing to aid their king , the girls thought Lee was fighting a desperate battle little did they know Lee was hiding his strength.

Suddenly Lee made a slash on the ear of the beast and cut it off .The beast howled and got enraged more. That was what Lee wanted , he wanted the beast to forget about the other four and go after him only. With the girls looking at him bewildered Lee made a dash cutting through the charging pack at high speed to the interior of the forest. The king boar followed him closely with rest of the hoard. As the whole hoard charged back the girls began to worry , Lee was a little kid he sacrificed his life to save the girls, but it felt like his cultivation got higher ,it almost felt it was even higher than Zu Yan's . They sat down waiting for reinforcement.

Miles away Lee was leading the pack away he reached a small valley , he jumped down followed by the beasts . Lee knew it was impossible for him to kill them all despite the girls dealing a huge damage there were still more than 1500 beasts. So he decided to kill the king ,with the king dead the beasts wont attack the city and Lee was confident he can get away unharmed. Making up his mind Lee stopped running and waited for the king to arrive , when he saw the boar charging in , an almost fiendish smile escaped him. He clenched his fists and threw a punch right at the beasts head .

POP

The beast exploded , even when called the king boar it was nowhere near the strength of a ten star apprentice.

Seeing the kings death the hoard dispersed in all direction. Lee didnt bother killing the rest , he was more interested in the beast crystal. The beasts crystal of a regular beast was common but the crystal of a king beast were rare and they contained huge amount of energy, he could make a breakthrough to martial warrior realm if he could absorb the spirit crystal energy .He also took the beast's skin and bone as they would fetch quite a price in the market.

Lee dashed toward the city.

2