Chapter 3
90 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Solesia was panicking that she lost her wits, subconsciously causing her to bit her nail in agitation. Cayden's penetrating gaze didn't leave her at all, observing his sister's action in a probing manner.

Duke Henry was startled by his son's outrageous question. He shot his gaze to Solesia and noticed her ashen face.

"Your Grace, Lady Solesia suffered memory loss..." Leah suddenly spoke, breaking the tense atmosphere. Her voice had gotten quieter at the end of the sentence. She lowered her gaze in fear and worry.

Cayden threw his sister a suspicious gaze, seemingly unconvinced. He was about to voice out his thoughts when his father beat it to him.

"Memory loss?" Duke Henry raised his voice, sounding worried and at the same time also aggravated. "How can this happen?"

His tone had become increasingly furious. "The knights and maids had become so incompetent. We need to do some reorganizing."

Solesia was startled by Leah's confession. After thinking about it for a moment, she gradually calmed down. At least, she managed to dodge the suspicion for now.

"Solesia, my daughter, do you not remember me?" Duke Henry's voice became rueful as he changed his attention to Solesia, surprising her by his question.

Solesia blinked, thinking hard on a proper answer. "I-i only remember a bit."

"I forget anything else besides Father." Solesia decided to cling to this doting father.

"Father, do you believe her words just like that?" Cayden suddenly spoke. "She pretended as if nothing happened just now."

Solesia just realized how hateful Cayden could be. Resisting the urge to grit her teeth and glared at him, Solesia put on her best pitiful expression.

She had subconsciously bit on her nail due to nervousness, now the sparkling tears had gathered in her violet eyes, adding more to the pitiable expression. She whispered out in sorrow, "I don't want to make Father feel sad..."

Duke Henry's gaze gradually softened at Solesia's explanation. He let out a sigh, then with a displeased expression, he turned to Leah and gave her an order. "Make some light food for Solesia. She can't digest those kinds of food while still being sick."

Cayden frowned but he seemed to refrain from speaking further. He would definitely anger his father if he dared to do that.

Solesia resisted the urge to show her triumphant smile at Cayden. This hateful Cayden, besides him, there was also another displeasing existence.

"Does your head feels hurt?" Duke Henry walked to approach his daughter whose complexion had turned a little pale.

"It's has gotten better..." Solesia bit her lips slightly.

"You can only remember me..." The duke put on thoughtful expression, seemingly a little pleased by the notion, but was also sorrowful. He glanced at his son, then cleared his throat.

"You know that he's your brother, right? Since you forget, I will introduce you to the two of your brothers again. He's Cayden, your second brother. Killian, the eldest is currently away now." Duke Henry had a neutral expression as he introduced his sons.

Solesia listened attentively. She had a feeling as though the duke's introduction had a meaning behind it. Ah, he was probably also aware that his sons didn't have a good relationship with his sole daughter.

She nodded with complete obedience, tilting her head adorably in all seriousness.

The duke sighed at Solesia's behavior. He glanced at his son and frowned slightly. He rebuked him. "Look, Solesia lost her memory. As a brother, all you do is bullying her. Can you care a little more about her?"

Cayden's expression didn't change, except for a flash of something in his eyes.

As he gazed at Solesia, she stared back at him unyieldingly. Solesia even glared at him while rolling her eyes.

Solesia saw surprise flashed across Cayden's face and began to feel doubtful of herself. Does this face not look villainess enough to scare him? She unconsciously frowned.

The duke, who coincidentally shifted his attention away from his son in exasperation happened to see Solesia's frown. The crease of worry appeared on his stern face. "Let's just go back to your bedroom... ah, no..."

Duke Henry pointed to a few maids and ordered them. "Clean the room on the first floor."

Solesia watched as the maids left. Leah still hadn't returned from her task to fetch more digestible food for her.

"You can eat the soup while waiting for the maid to prepare the new food." Duke Henry told Solesia in a concerned tone.

Solesia smiled stiffly and nodded. Then, she tried to focus on her meal.

However, she was slightly uncomfortable under Cayden's hawk-like stare. She tried to glare at him, but it didn't successfully chase his attention away.

She blinked as she couldn't hold it in anymore. "Err, Cayden. Why are you looking at me like that? Is there something on my face?"

Cayden had a startled look on his face. He took a peek at Duke Henry only to find him glaring at him with a displeased look.

"Cayden. Run through the training field for ten times at the afternoon training tomorrow." The Duke stated firmly, giving no room for refusal as he stared at his second son.

Solesia looked at them curiously. Training? Hmm, it must be sword training or something similar. She had watched those knights flaunt their mastery over the weapons and most of them wield a sword.

However, it wasn't what interested Solesia the most. The word magic that she had heard being discussed over by the maid or the knights had caught her interest.

Magic, she wondered if magical abilities exist in this world. Ah, yeah, she remembered it! Such a profession actually existed.

Solesia glanced at Cayden's indignant expression, but then she looked away. The duke was quite strict with his sons, she wondered if he also did with Solesia.

Noble ladies were supposed to do things like learning etiquette, and perhaps also other lessons. Solesia didn't know what those lessons were.

Solesia had unknowingly sunk into deep thought that she hadn't noticed the head maid coming in through the door, bowing respectfully towards the duke before making her reports.

"Your bedroom is ready." Duke Henry said, nodding at the maids while dismissing them.

How fast. Solesia was startled, but she understood when she saw the head maid. She probably had ordered a lot of maids to clean her new room.

Solesia glanced at the head maid and blinked, finding her strict expression a bit intimidating. As someone who lived her entire life as a commoner in the twenty-first century, living the way of nobles in the historical era was such a shock to her.

She would be having a hard time adjusting to her present life, undoubtedly. She wasn't used to those heavy dresses along with the responsibility that followed with the prestigious title of being a duke's daughter.

While feeling a little overwhelmed by her own emotions, Solesia stood up at the duke's signal. She glanced at the head maid, finding the middle-aged woman was looking back at her with a frown.

Solesia retracted her gaze, accidentally meet with Cayden's golden eyes. The corner of her mouth twitched a little. He was quite a petty person, it seemed.

She couldn't help but glare at him once again. She strode to the duke's side while ignoring him.

"Call the doctor, as well as the magicians, and the priests as well." The duke stated.

Hearing that, Solesia nearly stumbled on her steps. She subconsciously thought. Duke, are you gonna hold a party...? Calling so many people.

The butler, Mr. Davis nodded and began to do the duke's order.

Solesia gulped inwardly. She suddenly had a feeling of uneasiness. She knew that Solesia had been checked by the doctor the night when she fell from the second floor.

At that time, she hadn't entered Solesia's body yet.

At the thought of this profession, she suddenly sensed a suffocating feeling. Her chest felt stuffy, causing her breathing to be labored as she gasped, supporting herself against the wall with her hands. She stopped walking.

The sight in front of her had gotten blurry. She could hear the frantic voices around her gradually turned fainter and fainter, as though they were far away until everything succumbed to the realm of unconsciousness.

Before her mind was completely engulfed by the darkness, a certain flash of scene buried deep inside her recess of memories surfaced for a moment.

Solesia didn't realize it before, but besides the original Solesia's life memories, she had also forgotten most of her memories of her life on Earth besides the common knowledge.

4