Chapter 20
245 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 20

The flesh rain down and the place was filled with black, Keenan approached his comrades and grabbed their stuff. It was fortunate that their dog tags were intact, he pulled them trembling hands. He was mad and devastated. He turned around and found Carson's horrible appearance. Keenan lost a family, he and Carson were like brothers. It was a great effect to see him dead, Keenan closed his eyes as he shook his head. He was trying to erase the frustration but no matter how or what he did, the frustration didn't die at all. Blood crept out of his lips as he gritted his teeth with great intensity. 

"You dimwit, how can I face your sister after this… You promise that you will attend her birthday…"

He chuckled trying to make a joke but it left a bad aftertaste. He swallowed his emotions and smiled, the smile looked forced but no one would reprimand him, all of his friends were dead anyway.

"... Rest in peace, my friend."

He weakly said, kneeled, and took the pole away from his cold hand. Carson was ruptured and his stomach was wide open, he castrated and suffered a painful death, yet it was obvious that he didn't stop fighting. The pole was covered with Nightmares' blood, he died with pride. 

"As always, your pride, your philosophy, it will not save you."

Keenan gritted his teeth and blood slowly crept out, Keenan knew that the pain he was feeling right now was insignificant compared to what Carson felt.  

He slammed his fists to the ground but it looked futile and pathetic. 

……….
……

After a few minutes of grumbling, cursing, and smashing, our protagonist started doing his mission- he must return to Thera.

"Their dog tags, I have to bring them to their loved ones. That's the best I can do."

His eyes were resolute, now that he affirmed the situation, he realized that he had to escape this place not only for him but for his friends too. Being alive would be his last gift for them. Besides, he knew that his teammates wished him to be alive, and hell yeah Keenan would definitely do it. He clenched his fist and wiped his haggard expression, he looked like he aged. He got up and looked for anything that could help him escape.

"Let's go to the cockpit "

Keenan moved his feet and went to the cockpit. While he was walking, a Zviera jumped at him but Keenan already sensed the monster before it even jumped. The Nightmare thought that it could ambush him but an invisible Hand caught its leg and slammed it across the place. The monster crashed to the walls and coughed blood. However, another Hand grabbed it and threw it onto the floor. The monster died as its blood splattered the floor making it black, Keenan continued walking and didn't care at all. He stepped on the monster and reached the location.

Keena had little knowledge of how to operate the ship but that was not important right now. Keenan tried to use the transmitter attached to the cockpit, he wanted to call for help. His plan was to use the transmitter and be rescued. But the system was not working. The ship was damaged when it landed(crash). This means that Keenan could not use the attached transmitter. 

"Nah, I should look around for another transmitter, perhaps I can use them. I think some of my friends have them. "

He returned to the place where his friends are, he checked their mangled bodies. He found two transmitters while searching but none of them were working. Keenan almost succumbed to despair but then he realized that he left his belongings in the compartment.

"Phew, I thought this will be the end. Thank God I remember that detail."

Keenan found the compartment but couldn't open it, the mechanism was stuck.

"Seriously, why do I feel like fate is stopping me from leaving?"

He clicked his tongue in annoyance, the Hands were stronger than his real hands. They could even lift a massive monster so opening a one-meter metal cube was not a hard thing to do. The compartment creaked as he opened it. Then the door bent and he could now take his items.

"This second power is really cool. I wonder what class is its limitation… Hope it will be S-class."

Keenan found his belongings and his transmitter. Sadly, he couldn't find food, it seemed like the Nightmares ransacked the ship and ate every edible stuff.

Keenan didn't eat for a week and it was going to be dangerous for him if he didn't eat any real food at all. He could feel the energy inside him, it was still calm but he knew that it may erupt at any moment. 

12