Chapter 2
775 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 2

Keenan tried to recall what happened, both his past life and present situation.

First, he recalled the last scene he remembered before he died. His head was aching but he could still remember most of it.

"I got the Archive and sent it to the CIA and MI6, but my location was compromised and I'm killed. An obvious ending for a man like me, who didn't feel any guilt killing millions of people…"

Keenan grimly clicked his tongue as he recalled how bullets rained and killed him, making him a beehive. His ex-colleagues hunt him to wrap his mouth from talking, his life was in peril since the time he dropped the job of being an assassin. However, he didn't regret any of it, he wanted to die anyway, so before he died he wanted to fix the mistakes he made. He successfully got the Archive and killed few people on the way.

"Ah yeah, my friends actually came."

He confronted his colleagues who he treated as his friends, he smiled at them, pointing his gun. They talked about the past and stated their ideologies, but it seemed like their paths and decisions didn't intertwine. They had different views about life, still, they both agreed of pulling the trigger. Their bullets drifted in the air, showing their determination to kill. The exchange ended just a minute after, he was surrounded and outnumbered. He lost, his blood dripped as he spat. He faced the sky as he slowly lost his life, his body on the ground thinking deep, memories flashed around his eyes, he died completed and full. He died looking at the ocean-like sky. 

However, he didn't know that instead of going to hell, he would be here in this new world. He was reincarnated, and he just awakened his past life after overcoming a life-and-death situation. Keenen didn't know if he would be happy or not. Truth be told, he wasn't sure if these memories were real yet some part of him was telling that they were true. He was convinced that he awakened his past life, if not, how could he explain this? 

"I'm in the middle of nowhere, but I didn't feel any fear. It seemed like my past experience helped me to keep calm."

His voice rippled although no one heard it, it didn't matter since he was talking to himself anyway. He paused and grunted as he realized that his body was not fully healed, one of his ribs was still broken, the elixir was not enough to fix him. He breathed in and another pain stabbed him in the rib, he was having a hard time because his injury kept hurting as he breathed. What an unfortunate situation, but Keenen didn't feel any remorse or worry. His ribs cracked many times so he was accustomed to the pain. Heh, pain is what he ate since he was young, pain in breakfast, pain in lunch, and of course, pain in dinner. 

"Fortunate or not, all I have to do is to locate where the mobileship landed."

Keenan's mobile ship was attacked by a group of Crow-type Zviera, he was punctured by one of the Zviera and fell. He didn't know what happened to the others after that. All he remembered was that he descended into the ground and tossed into the wasteland. His body was damaged as his ribs and legs were broken. He gasped when he slammed into the ground after he lost consciousness. 

"And now I'm here… in the middle of nowhere."

Keenan didn't have his equipment, even his transmitter was left in the mobileship. All he had was the emergency kit he had which was destroyed when he crashed into the ground, thankfully, the elixir was still unscathed and saved him. Keenan inspected his pouch, he found broken sunglasses, a bar of chocolate folded, and a picture. 

"Shit…"

Kennan whistled, frustrated that he only had these shits, the only thing he could use was the chocolate. Kennan decided not to throw the broken sunglasses, perhaps he could use it in an unexpected situation. As for the picture, he didn't have any intention of throwing it, this was the only thing he treasured. The picture was kept smooth with no scratch, dent nor rip. Keenan took utmost care of the picture, he returned the items in the pouch except for the chocolate. He was hungry and chocolate was his best option as of now. He nicked a part of the chocolate bar and smudged it in his mouth, sweet sugary with a bit of bitterness tapped his tastebuds. However, for him, this was the best food he had, saliva filled in his mouth as he kept melting the chocolate. He didn't eat for almost a day so it was bad for him to eat solid food, he dissolved the chocolate and gulped. 

'How refreshing'

He honestly thought. As he ate the chocolate, he started walking, he didn't know which direction was right but he didn't have a choice but to walk. He decided to find the mobileship. If his friends escaped the Zviera, then they would surely find him, he trusted them. Especially his Handler, Carson, they knew each other since their first year in the academy. They decided to form a contract and became partners, Keenan believed that his best friend would look for him. 

"Haahhh haaaahhh"

He breathed weakly because he didn't want to trigger his hurting ribs if he took a deep breath. He slowly advanced, he looked up at the glaring sun. Based on the position of the sun, it was still 12 noon to 1 pm. He didn't know the direction since the sun was in its highest peak position. Just like his knowledge, the sun rises in the East and set in the West. 

"The mobileship traveled North East to reach the District 6, we must return to the Academy to finish the mission, after that, we can now graduate… fuck this situation, I can't believe that I will be stranded in this wasteland. "

He kicked his tongue, frustration was written on his face. He knew that Netherworld was dangerous, and now he was here in the middle of Nightmare filled nowhere. What luck he had to be here. 

 

18