Chapter 5
393 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 5

The two monsters leaped and opened their mouths with the intent of chewing Keenan. Of course, Keenan won't let that happen. As a man who encountered and overcame battles, the tension didn't prick him at all. He dashed at the same time with them. His first target was the hyena, he was smaller and weaker than the tiger. Keenan's golden eyes glowed as his blade shifted aiming at the monster.

The hyena saw that Keenan was coming, the hyena watched how the blade moved and almost reached its body. The monster that lived in this world where every day was a war evaded the blade. The blade only slashed its leg, it was not deep and the hyena could still move. Aside from that, Keenan's attack failed, or so the Zviera thought. 

"Just as I expected! One wound is enough!"

Keenan grinned, raised his right hand, and snapped his fingers. He activated the Skill he got when he reached Class-D, the Double Cut. It was the Skill that he got when he attained Class-D. Keenan could create a wound on his opponent, although he could only use it to the recent one that he slashed.

[Keenan Corragio]

[Class-C]

[Katana-type Arma ]

[1st Skill: Double Cut: a slash created twice damage upon the enemy, an imperceptible rip would appear in the enemy's body, the same size, and harm he made. Can activate whenever the user wants by snapping his fingers.]

This Skill was actually simple to use, and deadly most of the time. He just had to injure an enemy with his blade and snapped his fingers, then wola, a wound with the same size and deep just like the slash he cast on hyena would appear. The greatest thing about this was that he could put the wound where he wanted. 

The hyena landed on the ground and disregarded the wound on the leg. However, it started squirming when it realized that a burning scratch settled on its left eye. The hyena whimpered and brushed its face. But instead of the pain going away, the wound further extended and deepened reaching its retina. The Zviera wriggled in pain as it saw that its vision started to turn dark, black blood was gushing out of its left eye. The monster was focused on the pain that was going on. It didn't see that a man charged in aiming his blade at its neck. 

"Time to dive deeper!"

Keenan rushed, his blade sunk in the neck of the shuddering hyena. The monster struggled as it felt the blade slicing its throat. Before the hyena could fight back, Keenan twirled his blade inside the neck making the hyena whimpered. 

"I'm not done yet."

He used his strength and completely cut the throat of the Zviera. The monster opened its mouth to bite him but it lost its strength and stumbled to the ground, the monster died just like that. 

But for Keenan, the problem was still not resolved. The tiger that he ignored a few seconds ago came at him and welcomed him with a big pounce. 

"Ggaaarrrghh!!"

The tiger hopped and bit his shoulder blade. Keenan gasped, the teeth of the monster crushed his shoulder blade and he couldn't breathe. 

"This fucking pussycat!"

Even though he was suffering, Keena lifted his blade/arm and stabbed the tiger that was tearing him. They both relentlessly attacked each other, it was a dirty fight. The tiger kept swinging its head to shatter out his shoulder blade. Its paws scrapped Keenan's chest and face, but Keenan moved his blade stabbing the tiger. As for the bitten shoulder, it was fortunate that he could still move it. 

Keenan roared and snapped his fingers, he did it the same time he stabbed the monster. He looked desperate and foolish, imagine being bitten and you still flick your fingers and creating sounds. Yet for Keenan, this was his lifeline, this was a battle of duration, whoever lost willpower would die. 

The tiger felt that multiple wounds appeared on its face and dyed him black. The monster tried to crush the shoulder but it started to lose its strength. As the blood kept pouring out of its chest and even its face was wounded. The tiger closed its eyes and fell on Keenan. The heavy body of the monster landed. Its teeth were still stuck in Keenan but no power was pushing them now, the tiger died and Keenan Corragio won. 

"Shit…"

Keenan brought his strength and pushed the heavy body on top of him. The monster made a thud sound and dust clouded around it. Keenan defeated two Zvieras but he was not happy, the injuries he got were dangerous. A stabbing pain struck him as he moved his shoulder, it was injured and the bones were fractured. 

"What a miserable life I have… two Class-D almost killed me."

He commented as his saliva dripped, he grunted and moved to the tiger, the closest to him. To alleviate this wound, he had to eat the N-core. He didn't have any elixir on him so his best option was the N-cores of these two Class-D, he sure was pathetic.

He trudged on the ground. Even walking was hard for him, he reached the newly dead body. He didn't hesitate to stab it again, he aimed and cut opened the monster. 

His shivering right arm dug the inside of the body, he found the heart and pulled it without hesitation. The organ looked plush and blood pumped out. Keenan widely opened his mouth and tore the heart, he used his utmost strength and ripped it. He spat the flesh since it would be bad if he ate it, he found the crystal and gulped it down. No savoring happened this time again, he just wanted to heal his wounds. 

Vitality surged inside him and the pain was weaker this time. The wounds slowly shrank but not fully healed. Keenan didn't linger in the dead body and continued to crawl into the hyena instead. He groaned and reached the hyena. He didn't have time to dillydally since he knew that other Nightmares were around the place. 

Keenan understood that this night was going to be a long one, perhaps he won't even see the sun again. Still, for Keenan, his survival was the first thing he needed to assure.  The image of the girl he promised waked him up and gave him the motivation to live on. 

"Aahhh!!"

Keenan grabbed the monster. He repeated what he did, he mutilated its chest and reached its heart.

………

……

After eating the second N-core, Keenan felt that something expanded in his body but he didn't give it focus since he thought that perhaps it was just an effect of eating N-cores.  

13