Chapter 1
136 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Should I just leave it here, Sir?” A well built, middle aged man asks, poking his head out of the door. In his hands he carries two cardboard boxes and behind him is a large, luxurious looking moving van.

“Ah...yes, that’s fine, thank you.” He’s answered by a soft spoken young man. His pearly skin gleams in the vibrant sunlight, bathing his soft, elegant features in light, like a glittering swan. As he responds, his partially full lips sweetly curve into a smile, while his auburn locks lightly sway in the breese. For a moment, the more well built fellow is frozen in place, stunned by the other's angelic visage.

“Is something the matter?”

“Uh, nothing, I’ll go set it down now.” The mover replies, scratching his head sheepishly and turning back into the opulent villa.

As he heads inside, the young man turns his gaze to the side, where one can barely make out another elegant villa off in the distance. Gazing at it, the young man sighs softly. Then, his eyes catch sight of a figure and they widen.

Walking along the path that winds through the community comes a man, tall and broad shouldered, he has a towering figure and momentum which is difficult to ignore. Even while wearing casual clothes, his well built figure and toned arms gleam golden, bronze in the sunlight. As he walks, his slightly long dark hair sways with each step. His features are prominent, but not overly so, his nose sharp and eyes pointed and enchanting. His lips are full and press together. His expressionless features are cold and immovable, until his eyes catch sight of the young man. 

Instantly, the lips press tighter together, eyes narrow, and the man’s whole figure is shrouded in gloom. Forcefully removing his gaze from the young angelic looking man, he sharply turns and starts striding off in the opposite direction. The young man freezes, then immediately rushes after him.

“Brother, brother it’s me!” The young man calls after him, his voice soft and pitiful like the mewling of a cat. Upon hearing his tone the man stiffens for a moment, then continues walking away with renewed vigour. 

“Brother…” the young man calls but his soft, milky tone has no effect. Somehow, he manages to catch up, grabbing the larger man’s wrist.

“Brother, it’s me, it’s-”

“Don’t touch me!” 

The young man freezes at the other’s vicious growl, shivering. His eyes well up, looking as if on the verge of a flood. A flash of pain runs through the larger man’s face but it’s immediately replaced by a savage expression, his eyes red.

“I told you I never want to see you again! You will NEVER replace him.”

“Brother…-”

“Don’t speak! Don’t you dare speak in that voice of his! How dare you speak like him! You’re disgusting!!!”

“Bro-” The young man’s continued plea is interrupted as the larger one wrenches out of his grip and turns to stride back towards the distant villa. The young man continues standing there gazing at his back. His solitary back looks frail, as if it could be blown away by a gust of wind. After several more moments, the young man turns around, his gaze is downcast and lips are pursed. 

“Brother…” The boy sighs, looking at his long elegant fingers, feeling the rapidly dissipating warmth from the other's firm wrist. Suddenly, heavy metal rock starts to play. The young man freezes, blinking in confusion. Then, he glances down at his pocket and pulls out a phone, frowning as he does so. 

“Another thing that has to be changed…” He glances at the name: Brother Huang. Immediately his face turns expressionless, he clicks accept, and brings the phone to his ears.

“XIAO AN!” The young man, Xiao An, winces at the piercing tone. “What are you doing!? We have endorsements and the cast waiting for you but now you’ve gone and run off!!! Do you know…”

Xiao An holds the phone away from his ear as the screeching fellow, Brother Huang, prattles on and on. His expressionless gaze is glued to the floor but as the voice continues, his eyes grow increasingly darker. 

“XIAO AN! Are you listening!?”

“Brother Huang.” A soft, polite voice answers and for a moment there’s silence on the other end, as if the other person is stunned by the soft, polite tone.

“Brother Huang, I’d like you to end all endorsements for me please.”

“...what?”

“I said I’d like you to end all endorsements and ongoing projects, thank you.” Click.

Xiao An pulls the phone down from his ear, then he swipes across his phone, and firmly clicks the blacklist button. Then, he slips his phone back in his pocket and raises his head, his face once again sporting the angelic smile capable of melting even the stoniest heart. Humming softly, he turns around and makes his way back to his villa. If one were to place their ear near his plump, full, and softly curved lips, they’d near him humming a classical piano piece, the famous kind you know you’ve heard somewhere but that you just can’t place. Suddenly, he pauses. 

“Oh, I almost forgot.” Pulling out his phone, he turns to the ringtone and with a few swipes, the heavy metal is replaced by Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. With a satisfied sigh, Xiao An lifts his head.

“There, much better.” Then, slipping his phone back in his pocket, yet again, he saunters back to his villa. 

2