A deep sleep.
210 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inari and Chaos perspective.

Both Chaos and Inari had been pouring absolutely astonishing amounts of Energy into Kira, and much to their surprise had the seeds during that process completely merged into a single seed, It had been hard to judge what that meant for Kira, but since that event had the newly formed seed denied all outside Energy and now only accepted Kiras own.

as a result of the seed now denying any external energy was there now nothing Inari or Chaos could do other than wait, it would have been pointless to try to give Kira one of the apples, as her energy was refining and at the same rate as absorption, letting the apple complete refill her energy would likely just cause it to be purged similar to when she initially collapsed.

The frustration of being powerless I'm regards of doing anything further to help was starting to get to both of them as the days passed.

Initially had they worried about her food intake but it appeared that her body was sustaining itself with some excess energy from the seed itself.

"You realize our current enchantments are going to be useless once she awakens, there is no way it will be able to hide her power from anyone."

Chaos frowned.

"I am afraid I have to agree, and I suspect she will once again try to use her method of locking her powers up, as effective it is in hiding is it in no way healthy to bottle your own power up like that" Inari replied.

Inari got up and accessed her storage dimension bringing out another ornate box the same style as the box she had kept the apples in.

"You think the kid in your realm would be able to work with something like this?"

Inari asked Chaos while opening the box showcasing ingots of pure Asgardian steel.

Chaos replied with an eye roll.

"First the apples, now this, are you seriously telling me you acquired this legitimately."

Inari gave Chaos a smirk and continued on.

"So do you think the kid is up for it or not?

It should be a strong enough conductor to handle an enchantment strong enough to function as a veil even were she to utilize higher frequencies."

Chaos thought for a while, there was no doubt about Hephaestus skill at the forge and she had been supplying him with everything she could during the years to help him improve, but you didn't just come across Asgardian steel and as such was the dwarves of Asgard the only ones in existence who genuinely would be able to say they could handle it.

"I think he has a shot, but I don't want you to hold him accountable for the ingots if he fails, if you are OK with that will I bring them to him and try to see if he is up for the challenge."

Chaos said.

"Very well, I'm willing to take that loss for Kira's sake. Do you have a way to get to your own realm and back to wherever we are at the moment?" Inari said while raising her eyebrows.

Chaos did a small pose in response.

"This is my pocket universe, as such yes I can, and even without any of those silly old fools ever finding out due to that stupid official portal system"

Inari gave Chaos a polite smile and decided to let her have her moment.

It took a bit of preparation but Chaos got the ingots and took off.

Behind still at the Shrine Inari was at a loss for what to do, Kira was currently laying on the cold floor, it wasn't like she had designed her shrine with the purpose of sleeping in mind.

Inari was currently facing an internal struggle part of her didn't want to leave Kira out of her sight but the more logical part of her knew that based on the current rate of how her new seed had merged with her soul it would be a while before it was done.

Well, it has been roughly 1000 years since she spent any proper time at her shrine, most other visits have been brief and her prior outings had been centered around Kira it would probably be a good idea to at least show her face, and more importantly get her hand on a futon.

Inari could technically make it with magic but she didn't really want to strain the wards in her shrine room more than they already were.

Getting out she noticed that the shrine had flocks of people all gathered around looking from afar, nobody had dared to intrude but they were making it quite obvious they wanted to know what was going on.

Similarly, had she found humans and Kitsune painting elaborate portraits of herself, Chaos and Kira.... what in the 7 realms was going on?

"Lady Inari!"

a voice came behind her, it belonged to that young teacher from the other day if she remembered correctly.

turning around she gave the man a slight nod in acknowledgment.

"Mr. Teacher, forgive me I really didn't catch your name, what can I do for you?"

The young fox suddenly started stammering.

"My name is Shinji, thank you for this honor, I did however come here with a request from most people residing here in the shrine"

Inaris eyebrows raised, it had been a long time since anyone had requested anything of her besides protection so she was slightly curious what he had in mind.

"Oh, please let me hear the request then?"

coughing a few times he began.

"You see, we wondered if we could be allowed to expand the worship in the shrine to include Lady Kira, this would include basic teaching about your relations with Chaos along with showing Chaos to the Shrine inhabitants so everyone can get the full appreciation for Kira instead of only teaching

part of her heritage.

last time you visited did nobody here have the tools we have today, and some of the Kitsune who saw all of you at once is currently in the process of painting portraits in your likeness, which would be hung throughout the shrine with smaller areas for worship, including the classroom so I don't run into the embarrassing situation of new cubs not being able to recognize your likeness."

Inari had to contain her emotions when they spoke about Chaos, it made sense but it still made her slightly jealous.

She had also noticed how her daughter had been strictly against subservience and worship of any kind.

Maybe this would serve as a good lesson that she couldn't avoid it, it didn't matter how different the race, they will always desire to serve higher beings, they might bicker individually between each other which higher beings were better but ultimately it was an inescapable fate, power attracted worship and while Kira's current power technically was closer to that of the mortals due to how young and inexperienced she was, were it also different enough to make her stand out.

Giving a smile hiding her mirth

"I can only approve wholeheartedly with my daughter being added as a subject of worship here in the shrine, everyone deserves to know how amazing she is, and I'm sure she would appreciate your loyalty towards her"

"Pfft we both know that last part was a lie"

a voice came out from Inaris right site behind one of the painters.

"Oh if It isn't little Yin, are you opposed to them worshipping my dear daughter?"

Yin provided Inari a big grin

"Not in the slightest, and I wholeheartedly agree we should go ahead, but we both know Kira might be slightly displeased"

Inari raised her eyebrows at Yin.

"My my, that's a lot of spunk what happened to the reverence you showcased last time I saw you?"

Yin in return gave Inari a toothy grin showcasing her canines.

"It is simply that I decided to dedicate 100% of my loyalty to Lady Kira, don't get me wrong you still hold my deepest respect, but when it comes to My lady Kira does nothing stand above her in my world, even you Lady Inari"

Yin ended with a Curtsy and started moving towards the Shrine where she placed herself in front of the entrance like a guard.

What a nice little follower, she is indeed worthy of calling herself the first follower of my daughter Inari thought to herself

moving her attention back to the frozen Mr. Shinji.

"The little follower of my daughters is indeed quite right, Kira seems to have an aversion to attention especially worship, but she will need to get over it sooner or later, so you have my full support"

Shinji nodded in response, he had indeed heard both Shino and Yin's tales of how she seemed slightly against outward worship and servitude Yin had been very helpful in explaining that as long as you didn't call her lady too often would she often let it slide when you did, and she wasn't keen on people kneeling.

"That is much appreciated, and Yin have already helped with certain guidelines to help appease lady Kira when it comes to worship and servitude

I will move ahead immediately"

Mr. Shinji was already preparing to leave in a hurry.

"Would you mind waiting for just a second longer?" Inari called out

Shinji stopped up and returned to Inari with a bow.

"Of course please excuse my haste"

"Kira is currently in a deep sleep while her body is undergoing some... let's call it growth

and is currently located on the floor in the shrine, I would like to request someone to bring me a futon or anything that would help her sleep more comfortably.

Shinji's eyes widened in horror.

"I'll ensure someone immediately brings you a futon"

Providing the teacher a smile, she watched him turn around and run in the direction of one of the bigger buildings as fast as he could not giving the slightest care about appearance.

Inari considered going straight back to the main shrine and wait for the futon, but thinking for a moment she came to a realization.

"EVERYONE" Inari boomed, she didn't yell but her voice carried through the crowd who immediately looked towards her with their full attention.

"I would like to request your attention for a moment, so forgive me for doing this without warning, but you guys wish to worship Kira for what she truly is, which mentioned to me included Chaos heritage?

Am I to assume you're not bothered by the fact she is slightly different from what you are?"

several of the artists and some of the writers, and the other both human and Kitsune got up, and a young human girl who had been painting decided to take charge and went in front of the rest.

I'm human, and I've been worshipping you since you so graciously provided my family allowance to stay in the protection of your shrine, Kira is your daughter and through stories already shared has Kira been acting with kindness to everyone, she even obliged when my little sister found and dragged her out the shrine, had that been our former cities lord would Jill have been punished, but Kira had simply thanked her and had let it slide, that she was being told to leave the one place in the Shrine she should hold more right to be in than any of us.

And even so, it's not like the Kitsune residing in this shrine haven't always known you were different from them, you might appear similar but the few who have met you always described it as an instinctive feeling, I can't tell how much of that is the truth since I'm only human but even I would never mistake you for any of the other Kitsune in the shrine, your radiance is simply different"

Inari pondered for a bit

"Thank you so much for stepping forward with your input, does the rest of you share the same sentiment as this young lady?"

A young male kitsune stepped forward

"Indeed, I believe all of us here in the shrine share the same feelings on this, and if you would allow me, I would like to go into details about what Lina meant about your presence feeling different.

First, this is not a bad thing, but while we feel a certain kinship towards you, is it very different from that we instinctively feel towards each other, it's hard to put into words but I guess this will surmise, We do feel a kinship, you are the progenitor of our race as it is today, and we can feel that connection, but in a different way do we instinctively know you're superior and of a higher different species, regardless of how similar you might look."

Inari smiled to herself, the little ones have grown, the first time she had shown herself the Spirit Foxes had they shown fear of her differences, and rejection. some of the original Nogitsune had been some of the first Kitsune ascending unable to accept that she was different from them, to her it was their choice, in short, had unfortunate Kitsune ascended in the belief they one day could achieve the same heights as herself, as unfortunate as it is will that not happen, there is yet to be a single of the Ascended kitsune who could harbor even a fraction of her seed, It was an unfortunate truth.

"I'm extremely proud of all of you, back with your ancestors the original Nogitsune came to be because they were in denial of this fact, and couldn't accept the fact I was different, that's why visiting non ascended kitsune have always made sure to present myself like this.

Back to my point, however, you said you would be willing to accept Kira fully, this would include my full heritage and not just what I've shown you, I don't know for certain yet but based on her spiritual energy before I left is she already on her path towards her first stage of maturity.

much too early if you ask me, but I'll blame Chaos for that one.

with that out of the way, why Don't I help you out a bit so you don't have to repaint too much."

Stepping a few steps back and indicating to the crowd they should do the same, the crowd immediately complied.

With that Inari dropped the illusion she had been using in the mortal realm for 1000s of years, she had even held it in the mind space afraid of Kira's reaction.

The crowd gasped in unison, the faint shine around Inari had turned into a shimmering aura of electricity, while she still looked mostly the same, was Inari now showcasing a total of 9 separate tails behind her, all swinging behind her majestically.

The male Kitsune looked at Inari in silence for a while before he once again spoke up.

"I see, so this is what the Nogitsune meant when they were yelling about you not being what you seemed, and that you had lied to us...

I would argue they were the ones who were willfully blind, there is not a single Mature kitsune here, regardless of how spiritually sensitive they are who wouldn't have been able to tell you were different.

believing otherwise is honestly just as absurd as trying to claim Chaos is human.

walking out of the Shrine Chaos chimed in.

"Indeed, your senses seem to be quite astute, weren't you with the crowd who was originally asking me to leave since Inari wasn't here?"

Inari frowned turning towards Chaos

"Did you wait at the shrine just to be able to make that entrance, how mature are you?"

Chaos rolled her eyes.

"I came out because I sensed you let go of some of your energy and I can see you dropped your illusion, aren't you worried about how Kira will act?

Inari retorted

"You act like I actually have a choice in the matter, she inherited your eyes for crying out loud!"

Chaos was currently showing large amounts of mirth

"Indeed she did, isn't she wonderful! to think anyone would be capable of inheriting my sight is a marvel in and of itself"

"Excuse me?" another human went forward with a writing pad in her hands.

"Chaos, could you enlighten us what Inari means by Kira having inherited your eyes?"

Chaos turned back to the human.

"As your shrine is dedicated to Inari I doubt much is known about me, I don't really tend to share that often either, but in return for accepting our Kira and hoping you will stop from asking further questions as Kira should be the one to share what she feels like she is comfortable with sharing

Chaos isn't my name without the reason, Chaos needs to exist for there to be order, what my sight means is I can see into the core of everything basically the building blocks of Chaos that shapes the order, and as such is an illusion and other kinds of visual and sense trickery ineffective on me

this even includes the Fae who are notorious for their skill at exactly that."

the human started to scribble furiously.

Another older human male stepped forward looking uncertain but ultimately went ahead anyway.

"So if she can see the core of everything does that mean she can also tell lies apart?"

"I'm afraid it isn't that convenient, while I can see into your core directly, and Inari can likely sense it allowing our both to get a sense of your personality, would Inari be much more likely to tell a lie apart due to her enhanced senses, smelling fear, hearing your heartbeat and rhythm but just with my inherent skill no, that doesn't work that way"

The older man smiled widely in return.

"Thank you for humoring this old man"

turning around to the crowd.

"We are safe, let's keep following Yin's advice!"

to which the entire crowd gave a massive cheer in response.

Chaos looked at the older man in astonishment and confusion.

"Inari mind filling me in on what I clearly missed out on?"

inari frowned

"Well they decided to also become Kiras followers, I don't really blame them given how cute she is, but we both know how much she hates submission and worship of any kind, so supposedly Yin has been teaching them a bunch of white lies to help them do it without Kira getting too upset

and they are further collecting every shred of information they can find on you since you are part of Kira's heritage, so enjoy your former privacy destroyed"

Inari made sure to point out the last bit with a massive Cheshire grin, Chaos wanted to retaliate but also knew she couldn't do anything Inari had already revealed herself.

"I think we have entertained the mortals enough, Kira is already on the weird mattress you guys use here, it was a good thought, but honestly it might just be me but I'm uncomfortable leaving Kira alone, it doesn't matter we are in a separated pocket universe and only ones here are me and you, but I want to be able to act when needed"

Chaos said already halfway back towards the Shrine.

"Oh wait"

Chaos stopped and moved towards one of the painters who had been painting her portrait.

"If you really need to paint me take a good look, now, and please get it right!

I've had some experience in the past with certain humans who were big on the artists' interpretation and the naked form, I would rather not want a repeat of that..."

"Stupid Greeks" could be heard from Chaos muttering under her breath before she returned towards the Shrine, while Inari was doing her best to not laugh at her openly as she followed along"

9