Plans.
210 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kira had gone silent while that last thought hit her, she used to have extremely strong control over her emotions and would rarely act impulsively so what on earth was she doing.

"Are you OK dear, or did anything I say to upset you, it has been a while since I spoke and you're yet to give any type of confirmation you understood what I had said"

coughing embarrassedly Kira spoke up.

"Yeah... No...

Thank you for taking your time to explain the situation, I got distracted by what I perceive to be some changes in my behavior I wasn't sure how to feel about."

Inari gave a hum of acknowledgment

"would you be willing to share with me what those were and the situation surrounding it?"

After Kira summarized the rough situation of how she had lost control of her temper and had been quite willing to just break down the gate so to speak to get to The Human who had caused so much harm, Inari gave the same hum of acknowledgment she had given later followed by a bit of delay before Inari spoke up.

"I don't know about your impulsiveness everyone can have those feelings once in a while and ultimately you didn't act on them instead you contacted me, so I don't think that one is as bad as you make it out to be, that said your temper.

It would be easy to blame that on your new inheritance, but truth to be told I don't think that is the case, it's not that you didn't hold emotions in the past, I watched your episode of giving that lady who pretended to be anything else to her kin than a leech, I watched you more than once struggle with your temper especially in relation to the kids you were taking care of, I do however believe the reason you managed to keep your temper better in check back then was quite simple, you always had consequences looming over your head for losing your temper which would hurt the kids more than it would help.

secondly, all you had to do was grit your teeth and take a breather, and you would be back down again, indeed you've never physically lashed out in anger or made big displays of anger, but remember your powers aren't tied to your physical reaction in terms of lashing out, your powers are strongly tied to your being, which includes your feelings and wishes.

Chaos told me you had the same issues with your tail giving away your emotions, and it takes time to learn, but my honest evaluation would be 2 things, you don't have any current consequences for losing your temper that you considered problematic, not knowing your powers would act out and blow your illusion, secondly my dear, you are not used to your powers yet, they are still growing as of this moment, it will take time.

you no longer have what tied you down in the past to restrain your actions, you subconsciously know that and you will need to find new guidelines and new reasons for why you act as you do.

with that I have to go, I won't be able to reply for a while and Chaos sensed your call but she is unable to respond you will very likely find she contacts you at some point when she finds time."

leaving Kira alone to ponder what had been said, it was true that she truly had needed to fight her temper in the past, she had taken pride in how well she had been able to hide it, but admittedly compared to now she had been cheating all she had to do was grit her teeth and provide a fake smile and keep her vocal inflections in check, now she didn't only have to worry about her tail and ears but also her new powers, a small part of her almost felt it was unfair.

stepping down into the regular frequency of the realm she was currently inhabiting, Kira gave a sigh, and the rest of the electrical currents snaking around her dissipated.

"Well, I might as well be honest, I took a very quick break and spoke to Inari about this whole situation, I won't pretend the answer is what you desire to hear, but ultimately Yin, know that Inari did what she could, but her hands were tied in the matter of trying to help her mom."

Yins eyes immediately focused back on Kira and were glossing over, it was obvious to see this subject struck hard.

Kira continued

"In short None of her Ascended Kitsune had the power to fight the full kingdom without it being a losing battle, but she herself could not interfere due to an old pact made by all the older...."

Kira took a moment, as she realized she had issues admitting to herself they were essentially gods.

"God's...

It was to prevent them from fighting each other by taking different mortals sides and have any problems escalate to war between themselves or pushing agendas, I know this is an unsatisfactory answer as it doesn't justify what happened and make it any less right that nobody ever acted"

At this point, Kira was feeling she was starting to just pull out the age-old "our hands are tied" speech the police would give in every situation where obvious injustice had occurred but the police couldn't act due to political restrictions or other legal jargon, it didn't ever satisfy the victims, so switching gears she decided to try to focus on what could be done.

Yin was still staring wide-eyed at Kira, it was quite obvious she was showing signs of shock, thinking back to the past Kira tried to remember how her mind had felt muddled after a panic attack where stuff kind of went in one ear and out the second except for key phrases.

deciding to try to drag Yin back from her current state. Kira once again spoke up

"Yin, I will help to get your mom back if she is alive, otherwise will I help to get revenge, I am allowed to do what I feel is right."

this finally got Yin reaction, moving to Kira she cried in her arms, sobbing.

It took Yin a while to collect herself and speak.

looking directly up at Kiras face from her chest where she had been crying.

"It's too early, while I would thank Lady Kira for being willing to do me the favor of fulfilling my biggest wish, would I never desire lady Kira to come into harms way."

Kira had a very hard time restraining an eye roll, the kid was barely out of a full-on panic attack from a direct trigger and she still goes straight into formal speech, even putting her desires aside in concern for Kiras own well-being.

Something odd had happened to Kira, after accepting Yin as her personal servant and then .... let's call it a brief moment of lunacy, she was slowly starting to feel oddly possessive about Yin, this moment only served to amplify the feeling.

Kira responded by slowly stroking Yins head.

"Little one" Kira lightly internally panicked she is totally turning into Inari!

keeping her facial expression neutral Kira continued

"Thank you for the concern, but my well being isn't the thing you need to worry about, as there is likely nothing that if I can't handle it Nox or Aether can't handle, however, I have been asked to keep a low profile, so we will, unfortunately, have to do this a bit more indirect way than just walking up and breaking the gate down"

Kira had barely spoken the last sentence before she could visibly see Nox relax, Aether looked a bit disappointed but quickly reverted to her chirpy mood.

The humans had simply sat down nearby and were staring at Kira in awe, doing their best to not make a sound to disturb what was happening.

Yin seemed to slowly be taking in the meaning of what Kira had said and nodded her head, her panic had vastly declined with Kiras' statement, she saw absolutely no reason why Lady Kira would lie, so if she said she could handle it, it must be the truth.

She was starting to feel self-conscious about the fact she hadn't been able to handle, being wrapped in an illusion to help lady Kira blend better in, it was a bit irrelevant now however as everyone could see Lady Kira in all her glory and she herself was nothing in comparison.

Kira spoke up again this time was her voice visibly calmer but had an authoritative ring to it

"Sorry for just addressing you as Humans, but since I don't know your names yet and it is late I'll go ahead and be rude.

Only the older gray-haired individual reacted to Yin while the rest of you kept a fairly neutral expression, while not a single of you isn't reacting to me.

was it perchance my rather embarrassing display of losing control of my temper or is it something else."

barely had Kira finished before she could hear Aether snicker in the background, deciding to ignore her she kept her attention on the middle-aged males

The oldest one looked at his companions, at this point they had all silently agreed to let him speak for all of them, so he spoke up.

"My goddess, can I be allowed to answer those questions separately?"

The older man looked towards Kira who gave a nod, taking this as confirmation he continued.

"I saw Yins eyes and immediately recognized her as a fox spirit beast, the only ones we know of were those from the destroyed village

The others are younger than me, and likely didn't know how to tell the difference between beastmen and spirit beasts, that knowledge is not all that common, so they likely assumed your companion had been hiding her tails and ears to avoid discrimination, spirit beasts rarely do so because those who know the difference would never mistreat a spirit beast to their face as it is common knowledge that spirit beasts are to be feared and respected if you value your life."

Kira nodded as the explanation made a decent amount of sense, now waiting for his second answer the older guy seemed to struggle a lot.

eventually, the older male seemed to have assembled his thoughts and he continued.

"I believe that perhaps my goddess isn't fully aware of what a presence she has on lesser beings like ourselves..."

Struggling to find the right words he got fully interrupted by Aether who could no longer keep in her laughter.

"To think Narcissus who inherited a tiny fraction of higher power from his ancestors, got so obsessed with his own looks upon seeing himself that some thought he had genuinely fallen in love with himself, and our dearest little sister after inheriting the true essence of not only our mom but Inari as well only took a day to forget what she looks like, every single mortal and likely a majority of the higher beings will quite literally be ready to fall to their knees in awe of your looks alone, this is so far beyond the aspect of self-esteem that I have to wonder if she even has any self-awareness, the fact she was capable of seeing herself and just move on like nothing was of the matter."

At this point, Nox elbowed Aether in the side to shut her up.

"Aether, you're kind of forgetting that she was focusing on another aspect of her looks at the time than her beauty, chances are she simply isn't as vain as you, that or she is unfortunately still dealing with self-denial which would be quite rude to laugh at"

Aether quickly remembered how Kira had finally seen her own essence and realized she wasn't human, and in turn, remembered how Kira had been stuck in a human vessel, Aethers laughter very quickly turned into her cringing at her own behavior as that had indeed been quite rude.

Looking towards Kira once more

"Forgive me my dearest little sister, that was extremely rude and unsightly behavior, I tend to not think too much about fine details unless Nox reminds me, I'll do a better job next time I promise!

to answer the question that you didn't quite seem to grasp, your beauty alone would have the majority of the divine realms responding, and you still have room to mature, expect quite a few people to approach you in the future.

It is true that while nobody here can feel any of your power is the sight of you is still something.

Even Nox or I would have an easier time blending in, though, most would call us out pretty quickly as well."

Kira somehow felt she got offhandedly stabbed by both twins, she had honestly not really focused too much on her looks beside she knew she was a fox girl, so that had been the priority to hide along with the liquid galaxy thing she had going on as it was quite clear to her that wasn't all that common to see, but besides that, she had just figured they could have assumed it to be a fancy enchantment Yin seemed to think that, to begin with at least, the problem was that Kira was lacking a lot of knowledge to utilize as a reference, just because Yin thought of the possibility didn't mean humans would.

from what Aether was saying, however, it wasn't just the liquid galaxy weaved in her hair and pupils but her looks combined in the entirety which understanding her right meant only getting rid of the liquid galaxy wasn't enough.

looking at Yin for a while and memorizing what she saw in the mirror Kira decided that she should likely make an illusion for her fox appearance as well, just in case she blunders with her human disguise again, also she had to admit stuffing her tails into a pocket dimension was a very odd sensation, especially being touched by objects which by all means should have been stopped by her tail.

Kira mentally froze for a bit as she digested what she had just thought, she had been human for close to 30 years... well she had at least been residing in a human vessel as the others call it, and she has had her tails for only a bit over a month and she is already struggling with not having the sensation.

.....wait tails... looking back at her two tails she looked at the older male.

"Uhm, this might be a weird question"

pulling out both her tails for all to see watching all the humans' eyes grow even wider.

"I would say your expression answered my question, but I don't assume you've ever seen or heard about beast kin or spirit foxes with more than one tail ?"

The older man immediately shook his head

"I've never heard about any spirit foxes, or any other race for that matter having multiple tails"

Kira couldn't help but swear under her breath, this meant she would have to hide one of her tails, oddly enough it hadn't bothered her too much hiding both tails when pretending to be human, but she was finding her pride wouldn't just as freely allow her to hide one tail, to Kira this was an odd sticking point but she was quickly finding a deep part deeply rebelling against the prospect of pretending to have fewer tails, pretending to be human was one thing, but lying about her tails count seemed like one step too far, a small part of her was just now realizing what it had meant to Inari to hide all her tails, although hers was probably a simpler illusion than literally stuffing the tail into another dimensional space at the base, was it no small feat mentally if Kira could judge from her own instinctive reaction.

And with this chapter are you guys now fully caught up with the backlog of written chapters, the next chapter is around 50% done but I'm still addressing some things and jumping a bit forth and back to ensure I don't create any inconsistencies and plotholes.

I hope all of you enjoyed, the releases might slow a bit down again seeing I'm getting my 2nd covid shot and have to deal with the other IRL stuff, but I will do my best to release the chapters when they are done instead of keeping them in my little secure vault known as Draft for this long again <3

Once again hope all of you enjoyed it, and thank you so much for your patience with me going AWOL for that duration.
Stay PAWsome!

9