Chapter 1 – Hannah’s POV
73 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey Piper, can I borrow your notes? I forgot mine at home.."

"Sure Hannah! Here."

"Thanks Piper, you're a lifesaver."

As I copied down her notes onto my sheet of paper, the teacher began our lecture. I was off and on paying attention and ended up giving Piper her notes back at the end of class. 

"Sorry I couldn't give them back sooner, I didn't want us to get in trouble."

"No problem! I do have to meet up with Felix though, so catch you later?" 

"Yeah by-"

Smack! I dropped all of my belongings onto the hallway floor. I quickly grabbed my glasses that had fallen off and placed them on my face. I looked up to see a kid I'd never seen before. He looked like he was a sophomore or junior and had an apologetic look on his face.

"I'm so sorry!! I should have paid attention to where I was going"

"I-It's fine, don't worry about it."

"Here let me help you with your books."

He picked up the rest of my books and handed them to me as he hastily walked the rest of the way down the hall. I must've looked flustered because Kylie a snarky senior walked up from behind me and whispered,

"Somebody's gotta crush on the nerd.."

Annoyed by Kylie's comment, I walked down the hall to my next class. I quickly forgot about her comment and I couldn't help but think about the boys eyes. It was my favorite thing about a person. Seeing their eyes helps me understand a person even if I don't know who they are. This kids eyes were gentle and soft, they were an extremely dark brown, but I could still see the light and innocence in them. 

At the end of the day, I met up with Piper because we had plans to go out for lunch at our favorite cafe. What I hadn't known was that she invited her boyfriend to come along. This is the second time this week she has done this. Felix, being his name, is a nice guy don't get me wrong but, he is kind of clingy and selfish. He is the kind of person who wants Piper all to himself. 

"Hey Piper?"

"Yeah Hannah?"

"I am gonna find a bathroom around here, I will meet you and Felix at the cafe."

"Alright! Sounds good!"

I let him have her anyways. Any chance I had to leave, I would. After all, I was just a side character to Piper's life.That was my role in society. Nothing less, nothing more. My life has always been boring and uneventful. Piper's, is the complete opposite. She has a movie plotted life, who gets the happy ending in the end while all of the other characters ends are left unknown. 

I walked around a bit since I didn't actually have to use the restroom, and I met up bumped into someone unexpectedly. I didn't think much of it until we locked eyes and he stopped me in my tracks. 

"Wait- You're the girl I knocked over at school right?"

"Yeah."

"Hey I wanted to apologize again, how about I make it up to you by treating you to some coffee?" 

"Um.. no thanks I am not very fond of coffee." 

"Oh my bad.. Oh! Where are my manners, my name is Oliver."

"Hannah."

"Well Hannah, I would hope to make it up to you. Here's my number so we can chat. Let me know if there is anything I am able to do in return."

As Oliver ran off in the opposite direction, I stood there dumbfounded. This was the first boy that willingly gave me his number.

In the 6th grade I had a crush on this boy with beautiful blue eyes, with short black hair. Piper encouraged me to ask for his number, so I did. He chuckled in response and said that I was "too ugly" to have my digits in his phone. Embarrassed I ran off holding my phone tightly. I guess that's when I started realizing I wasn't cut out to be the main character of any story. This was because that same exact boy asked for Piper's phone number, in which she said yes. I continued on walking around the block holding my phone in hand, then finally meeting Piper and Felix at the cafe. 

1