Prologue 00 ~ Goddess
3.4k 12 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello or good evening I suppose ! This is Aliwai to serve you. 

A new novel that I started, again, I know...

The others I wrote don't seem to be up to my standards. This whole thing is putting a lot of pressure on me! (ಥ⌣ಥ)

The chapter release schedule and Wednesday and Sunday here it is ~

I wrote the prologue in first person but the rest of the chapters will be in third person. 

The ending of this prologue might be written a little too loosely, sorry ~

Besides, I'm not very good at writing in the first person.

Book title : New life in a fantastic world… Wait?! Why did I become an Elf Maiden?!

Prologue :

A rather classical prologue, I hope you'll like it.

Thanks in advance.

Have a good read !

                                   ~~~~ × ~~~~

In the black, dark and endless void, there is a panicked soul. This panicked soul wandering aimlessly... Well, that's me.

I get up, I lean on the invisible ground and then I look around me. My body is invisible or rather translucent, moreover the place where I am now is totally empty of life.

I am dead or I am definitely stuck in hell I thought vehemently.

As despair and loneliness began to overwhelm me, a sudden explosion of light burst before my eyes.

Magical!

The screaming light is silver in color, it gives a sense of confidence and renewal. My feelings are mixed about what I feel in front of such a scene, but I keep my confidence.

What comes out of this luminous star is a goddess, this person is literally a goddess, her appearance does not deceive anyone. She has silver hair reflecting her softness, the face of this woman is so beautiful that it would make any woman on earth or even in the universe swoon.

As for her slender body, it seemed perfect, a milky and delicate skin, moreover she has forms where it is necessary and without being disproportionate, the ideal type according to me.

She is definitely of an unequalled beauty.

If she was the devil... Well, I wouldn't mind too much I guess... 

Her eyes meet mine, she smiles strangely. I frown.

"Fufufu... Thank you, it's been a long time since someone complimented me like that." She says with a small laugh as she holds her delicate hand in front of her mouth. "But I'm not the devil!" She continues with a sulky look.

Can she read my mind? Are you really a goddess?

"That's right." She nods with a smile.

"Oh.... It's quite logical, you're a goddess. But this is also slightly embarrassing." I say, trying to hide my embarrassment, while my gaze has already been leering at the floor.

"Don't worry, I'm used to it now hahaha."

Good for you then! I really have a ton of questions to ask you, she's coming at the right time I thought as I lifted my head.

"Indeed, I guess we'll have a serious talk. Do you feel nervous?" She added.

"Ummm.. No, not really, I feel more embarrassment than nervous, I think I've gotten used to the idea of being dead. Right?"

"Well... You're right, this dark and endless chasm is a border between heaven and the world of the living." She stated in a slow voice so I could understand. Then she continued: "Usually, people who get stuck here end up going completely crazy, but it seems that's not the case with you."

"I've always been told I'm lucky!" I say spontaneously to try and lighten the mood that seems to be getting heavier for some reason. 

"Pfff... It would seem so. This is the first time I've met a human so relaxed after his death. Although…"

"Hahaha. Honestly, I'm as surprised as you are. Otherwise, what is your name and why am I here?" I asked with a slight blush as I noticed that I didn't know anything about her, not even her first name.

"Oh my fault. I'm Yuki, the goddess of cold and winter. Nice to meet you." She said with an enchanting smile. 

I nod my head. "It's nice to meet you. I am..." 

I am... Wow, I don't know who I am anymore. Yet I clearly remember my hobbies, hobbies that are sometimes questionable according to society and my family. So why did I forget my first name...?

"Well, it's normal that you don't remember your first name, you are dead after all."

"I understand." I say perturbed.

I was expecting it, but it's still shocking to think that I'm well and truly dead, yet I hope this is all just a bad nightmare.

"Unfortunately for you, this is all real!" She said.

That's what I thought…

"But!" She suddenly shouted playfully.

"But...?" My growing curiosity could not be contained.

"But! Lucky for you, this beautiful goddess Yuki will make you my child!" She said proudly as she puffed out her chest.

What did she just say now ? It's okay, I guess I'm going crazy.

"Huh? What...?" I stammered as she stared at me with stars in her beautiful ruby eyes.

"You're going to be my child." She repeats with the same energy as before.

I expel the air from my non-existent lungs and ask, bewildered by what she just said, "What is this? What's going to happen?"

"Hehehe. It's very simple." She says as she moves closer to me.

I shiver and my arms get goosebumps. She puts her hand on my head, humming and explains, "I'm going to make you my child. In my youth, I've always dreamed of having one, but up there in the heavens there really isn't anyone suitable for me. So I decided that you will be my child. In reality, you won't have to do anything special."

No matter how hard I try to hold back, the next question comes out in spite of myself, "And what does it entail to be your 'child'?" I am curious about my future after all....

"Ummmm... Well, you're going to be reincarnated into a fantasy world and live a life filled with adventure."And maybe even love hehehe." She finished with a wink worthy of the biggest closet perverts. The last sentence was said to herself.

It's probably a good thing I didn't go crazy. I get to travel to a fantasy world, I thought with a slight blush after her eye blink. Her charm is really dangerous.

"Is that all?" I don't have any particular duty to fulfill or any other heavenly nonsense to do?

"No, not really, you'll just be under my tutelage after a few decades I guess."

Oh... Not too many strings attached, that sounds cool.

She nods her head in approval of my thoughts.

"Wait, I'm going to be reincarnated into a fantasy world?"

"Yeah! How cool is that?!" She said with eyes like those of a puppy who has found a fun new game.

This is so crazy, really, I thought as I remembered my otaku hobbies.

"Yeah, I can't wait, but do I get some wishes?" I asked shamelessly.

"Hmmmm... Obviously, I would never let my child go without extra baggage." She said, laughing fiercely, but what I didn't notice because of the euphoria was that her laughter was strangely fading.

"Awesome! I'm excited." I say with a babyish grin.

"By the way, why is your hand still on my head?" I asked in bewilderment.

"For this." She said as her hand started to glow with a silver light.

*Ding* *User status successfully added to host*

As soon as notifications suddenly appeared in my mind, then Yuki removed her hand from my head. Hearing a robotic voice in my mind causes quite special feelings.

However, the excitement took over, the appearance of a status sheet like in an MMORPG is like a dream for me.

"So happy? You have 20 points to use to choose your starting skills. Go for it!"

"Thanks!"

After thanking her, I look at the translucent status that appears in front of my eyes, displaying a sort of skill store.

================================

*Please choose your starting skills*

{Points awarded by Goddess Yuki : 20p}

Category:

Body

Fighting

Spirit

Magic

Crafts

Art of daily life

================================

Wow! This is amazing! So many things ! It's really like a video game, I've been dreaming about it for a long time and it's finally here.

Let's see in more detail these categories I thought. To start well, it is necessary to choose correctly after all.

======================================

 -Body:

 - Strengthen Muscle: The passive skill [Strengthen Muscle] strengthens the host's muscles.

 - Mana Pool Strengthening: The passive skill [Mana Pool Strengthening] increases the host's magic pool.

 - Magic Strengthening: The passive skill [Magic Strengthening] strengthens the host's body multiple times with magic.

 - Improved Agility: Improves the agility of the host.

 - Improved Stamina: The skill [Improved Stamina] increases the stamina of the host.

 - Water Breathing: The [Water Breathing] skill allows the user to breathe underwater to a certain depth.

 - Pain Resistance: The [Pain Resistance] skill activates automatically and allows the user to avoid despair, depending on the skill level.

 - Steel skin : makes the skin extremely hard and thick, depending on the level it can counter a grade 3 sword.

 - Muscle memory : increases the speed of training.

================================

Hmmm... this category is pretty interesting if I want to become a high level fighter, the skills seem useful, steel skin and muscle memory are really interesting as passive skills.

Let's have a look at the other categories before I make my final choices....

So let's summarize, the combat section is about skills and techniques for hand to hand fighting, the magic section involves elemental magics and their mastery, as for the crafting and daily art section, these sections contain pretty useful stuff for everyday life.

In the body section we find everything that concerns the body, obviously, such as muscle strengthening and magic.

At the moment, the sections that interest me the most are the combat, mind and body section, I decided to use about 17 points for the following skills:

 - Chant Revocation: The passive skill Chant Revocation allows the user to cast magical spells without the need to chant a spell. 6 Points

 - Sword Art: The passive skill sword art includes mastery of swords, short, medium, and long. 4 Points]

 - Mana Pool Strengthening: the passive skill mana pool strengthening continually increases the pool of mana the host possesses. 4 Points]

 - Sacred Magic Affinity: the sacred magic affinity skill allows the host to more easily and quickly use magic spells related to sacred magic. 3 Points

Here it is, 17 points to use, I have 3 left to spend.

Hummmm... I decided, I'll take the following skills:

- Cooking: the active skill includes cooking skills, the food becomes even more delicious depending on the skill level. 2 Points]

 - Mental Resistance: the passive skill mental resistance provides increased resistance against psychic type attacks like charms and such. 1 Points] 

Sounds like a good choice, I thought with a happy smile. Strangely enough, mental resistance is less expensive than cooking skill.

I would have taken the analysis skill, but unfortunately it is devilishly expensive, 50 Points is abuse at this level, really... Like the other elemental magics…

And the same goes for the dimensional box, which would have been useful for my journey.

Everything is so expensive. I thought with comical tears flowing profusely from my eyes.

After making my final choices, I nodded my head and said happily, "I'm satisfied with my choices, the world is waiting for me hehehe."

"Will I be allowed to have wishes?" I added, hoping to be entitled to them.

"No, sorry my dear, I don't have the power to grant your wishes, the only favour I could give you and your choice of starting skills. Sorry for making you a promise in a vacuum." She says, sounding genuinely sad. After all, I can't tell him that someone came before him and took all the available wishes. They are so greedy.

"Oh... It's not a big deal." I said with a slight smile on my face.

"Urgh. Anyway, I'll give you my blessing, it will give you abilities to improve magic in general and specifically water and ice magic." She said as she once again approached my head and patted it.

Huh? Strange, I didn't feel anything special.

*Ding* *Single title acquired: Blessing of the Ice Goddess Yuki* *Single title acquired: Child of the Goddess Yuki*

*Acquired : Ice magic affinity, Water magic affinity, Warm welcome*

I was speechless as I discovered the new abilities, I just acquired.

Wow ~ Great, ice magic and water magic seem to be overpowered. On the other hand, a warm welcome? What's that?

"You'll see it later, darling." She says with a wink. "Anyway, it's time for you to go, I hope you have a good trip, see you soon ~"

And after these beautiful words, my eyes slowly closed and my mind slowly faded away.

I am excited to become a charming hero of beautiful princess hahaha ~

So cliché... I don't know what else to say at the same time, I don't really know if I'm so excited about the idea of being reincarnated in a fantasy world.

But hey, it's every Otaku's dream that's about to come true hehehe ~

That's what he thought anyway…

                                  ~~~~ × ~~~~

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed this prologue! 

About 2100 words hehehe :)

To face your fears, the book won't be abandoned anytime soon since I have a lot of chapters in my pocket hahaha

56