An Unfortunate Corporate Slave is the Fourth Wheel
76 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah, that was nice!" Armen says, stretching as he steps into his house. He stifles a yawn. I guess it's time for bed...Suddenly, he jumps as he catches sight of a vague figure in the dimly lit living room.

"Oh, Arsh dang, you scared me man." Armen says, sighing in relief. However, Arsh doesn't answer him, his gaze focused on the ground.

"Uh...Arsh?" Slowly Arsh looks up, an inscrutable emotion in his eyes, glowing in the darkness.

"You..." He starts, finally opening his mouth to speak. "You went out with Raian today?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah, did you see us on the street or something?"

"...was it a date?"

"Yea-ahem, I mean no, not exactly."

"Then what was it?"

"It was..." Armen falls into contemplation. What exactly do you call something like this? It isn't a date exactly...a photoshoot? But Armen knows I don't like photographing people....but then again...

"I was photographing him."

"Huh?" Arsh blinks, not expecting this answer. Armen holds up the camera hung around his neck."

"I was photographing a 'business tycoon in a more natural setting.'"

"But aren't you strictly against photographing people?"

"Well, I decided to change my ways." Armen gestures dramatically, throwing his hands wide.

"Then...that's it? You've photographed him and now you're done?"

"Well..."

"What?"

"We did plan to meet up again..." Armen says, his voice growing smaller and smaller.

"When?"

"This weekend..."

"Where?"

"At the amusement park...?"

"Amusement park? As adults? And you're not calling that a date?"

"It's not!" Armen yelps. "It's really not!" Arsh looks at him skeptically.

"Then can I come along?"

"Ah?"

And that's how Armen ends up calling Raian to tell him about the new addition to their amusement park trip. In his office, Raian makes a noise of assent, before turning around, the stormy expression on his face completely different from his gentle tone on the phone moments earlier.

"Sir-" Upon seeing the expression on his face, Raian's secretary Divya stops short.

"Divya?" Raian says.

"...Sir?" She responds, warily backing away at the expression on his face, practically spelling out the word "overtime".

"How would you like to come to the amusement park?"

"Huh?"

And that's how the strange group of four adults ends up standing in front of the ticket counter to the amusement park, the excited shrieks of children abound. Each person has their own thoughts: Arsh watches Raian as Raian watches Armen whose eyes are glued to the rides. Meanwhile, Divya watching all of this, sighs for herself working overtime and the poor lady at the ticket booth dazzled by all the handsome faces. Too bad lady, they're all gay. She thinks, walking up to the counter.

"Sir, card please?"

"Oh, yes." Raian absentmindedly hands Divya his card and she pays for the four of them. Immediately after, Armen bounds into the amusement park, Raian tailing after him with Arsh gazing after the duo, a conflicted expression on his face. Divya watches all of this and sighs. It's going to be a long afternoon.

"You going in?" She asks Arsh who jumps at the sound of her voice.

"Huh? Oh, sorry..." He drifts into the park, his entire body language lost and lonely. Watching him, Divya snorts. I'm the one working overtime so why do you look like a lost puppy?

"Hey guys, you're so slow!" Armen calls from up ahead, already lined up for his first ride. Gazing at the trio: one either naively or purposefully ignorant, the other lovestruck, the third depressed, she heaves another sigh. This is really going to be a long afternoon. 

1