The Truth and After
100 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"ARMEN!" Much to his dismay, the minute Armen opens his eyes, he sees Jay's snot nosed face directly in front of him. "HOW ARE YOU FEELING!"

"Well, I'm alive at least." Armen says, casually leaning back to avoid Jay's spit raining down on him.

"Wahhhh!" Enveloped in a massive bear hug, Armen feels mildly suffocated. Good grief...

"Hey Jay, stop, you're going to suffocate him-" Don's voice sounds from the side.

Suddenly, someone forcefully wrenches Jay up. Armen glances up and blinks. Oh, it's Rai. 

There's an easy smile on his lips, yet Rai's eyes are sharp and focused on Armen, as if all he can see is him, as if Armen is his whole world...Armen turns away with a blush. Damn, why am I thinking of weird things? It's all Raian's fault! His confession got me thinking of weird things...but at the thought of Raian, Armen feels his heart twinge.

"You okay?" Rai asks from the side.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." Armen says, keeping his back to the other.

After this, life resumes somewhat as usual. By somewhat as usual, it means that everyone else resumes their daily lives while Armen is forced to take a break.

"You need to recuperate. No more missions for you till you rest."

"But what about the quota Boss?"

"Thanks to your hard work from before, you're easily well past your quota for this year."

"Damn it." Armen clicks his tongue in defeat, leaning back on his bed. Guess that failed...Darn, I need to get working again so that I can forget...

Armen shakes his head and rolls around on the bed. Ughhhh, I'm so bored and all I can do is think of these useless thoughts...

"Armen, can I come in?" Ah, he's here.

"Heyyyy Raian, did you bring snacks?" Armen asks sitting up.

Rai pauses mid-step. "What did you just call me?"

"Oh, uh, well you know, your name sounds kind of like it'd be short for something longer..." Armen looks up, then pauses when he realizes that Rai has somehow walked right up to his sickbed.

"What exactly happened while you were out?" Armen opens his mouth and takes a peek at Raian's expression, it's inscrutable. Yet once again, Armen feels a familiar feeling of a beast watching over him.

"Ahaha, well," Armen flops back on the bed and mutters off to the side, "you see I went to this other world and I actually saw a you lookalike, isn't that weird-" He stops mid-sentence, as Raian grabs his arm and pulls him up to face him.

Armen blinks. "What?" What the heck is that expression on his face?

"So?" Raian demands.

"Huh?"

"What's your reply to my confession?" ...Huh???

Several moments later...

"So you're the Raian from back then?"

"What do you mean the Raian from back then, there's only ever been one and that's me."

"But-but, how did you get here???"

"Same way as you I suppose, the system felt my desire and granted me an offer."

"Desire?" Armen looks up at Raian's face then pauses, seeing the other's gaze watching him hungrily. Armen finds himself blushing and his mind scrambles to find a topic to divert the other's attention.

"Then...what about Arsh? Is he okay?"

"Oh him? He got together with my secretary."

"What?!" Armen leaps up. "Seriously??? Damn, I knew there was something between them!"

"They even had a daughter."

"No way! Damn, I'm sorry to have missed it..." Armen tries to flop back onto his bed to wallow in his disappointment however, a hand behind his back stops him.

"Hmm? What's up?" Armen asks, looking up at Raian.

"Haven't you forgotten something important?"

"What?"

"My confession?"

"...Ah."

Some unidentifiable time later in a galaxy far, far away-not really, it's just a different world altogether, Aurther was getting ready to leave home and face the greatest challenge he'd ever faced in his thirteen years of life. Now, you must be wondering, who the heck is Aurther? Wasn't this story about Armen and Raian? Well, hold that thought and let's jump into our scene.

"I don't want to leave you, can't I stay here?" The young boy begs, his teary blue eyed gaze framed by his angelic blonde curls is able to evoke the pity of any being...except the one before him: a wizard, surprisingly young and dark haired, however, his age doesn't take away from the aura of power surrounding him.

"No, you must face your destiny."

"But..."

"No buts! The evil must be defeated and you are the chosen one. Now go forth!" And with that the door shut with a bang leaving behind the pitiful boy. After a few moments, the child finally stops his tears and clenches his fist, vowing to fulfill his destiny. My foster father believes in me, I'm sure he's just as sad that I'm leaving him, but he's right, I must face my destiny! After cheering himself up in this way, the young man sets forth on his quest.

Meanwhile within the quaint little hut, the "just as sad" foster father immediately flops onto the couch with an exhausted sigh and complains. "Man, why are kids such a pain?" In response, there's a few more minutes of silence before he calls out again. "I know you're there." After a few more moments of darkness, another voice sounds from the darkness.

"Aiyah, aiyah, how cold you are, the poor child, tch, tch..." Hearing his words, the dark haired wizard quirks a smile.

"Who's the one who's been impatiently shuffling around waiting for me to send the boy off? Besides, what's your part this time?"

A sigh sounds from the darkness and out steps a...beauty. There's no other way to accurately describe him with flowing river hair and glittering, gleaming robes of pure white. The beauty's soft fluffy curls flow down his back as he sighs again. "Ugh, Raian I'm the lady of the lake, do you know what that means??? It means I have to present the stupid sword to the kid, then I'm out. Plus, why lady??? Aren't I clearly a guy? Why didn't I get more of a cool part like yours?!" That's right, our beauty is none other than Armen. Hearing him, the wizard-Raian, simply holds out his arms with a smile.

"Come here."

"Hmph." Despite his pout, Armen obediently walks over to Raian's arms. Despite his annoyance, his mood soon shifts when he recalls something else.

"Hey, remember the boss's reaction when we said we wanted to move departments? She was so pissed! Ha! Being a scum shou was fun though, maybe I could..."

"No." Armen blinks, hearing Raian's firm refusal. After a moment of thought, a vibrant smile lights up his face.

"Awww, were you jealous?" Raian looks away. "You were, weren't you??? Hahaha, who'd imagine-mmph, mmphm, mhmmm mmm..."

I'll let your imagination take over from there. And yes, what you think happened did happen and yes it did go a step further, or maybe two, or maybe three. And yes, the lady of the lake wasn't able to get out of bed the next morning so one of the junior fairies under her had to substitute her to present the sword to our young hero. But that is a matter for another day...

How did SSBWM start and what are the important concepts I focus on?

The first BL I read was "Quickly Wear The Face Of The Devil": a well-known quick transmigration light novel (which I would recommend if you haven't read it yet). Since then I've branched out quite a bit however, I've always enjoyed the quick transmigration trope with a transmigrator moving from world to world with the help of their system and the numerous variations the trope has. Sometimes the main character is a pure, weak flower, at other times they're vicious and cunning. Sometimes they're human, sometimes they're not. Sometimes they know the male lead from their past, sometimes they're new lovers.

There's so many variations and at some point I found myself coming up with my own. SSBWM is basically one such variation: except that it doesn't quite focus on the transmigration. Instead, I explore a concept I've always wondered about. What about the original world? Most quick transmigration stories brush over the main character's original family if they mention them at all. This sometimes bothers me since I, personally, am rather close to my family. If someone was magically transported to another world I feel like they'd rationally feel more than a little homesick.

Therefore, I have a setup where a quick transmigrator returns to their old world. Furthermore, I have Arsh, to try to highlight the familial bonds we often just forget about. I'm not sure I completely pulled it off, Arsh and Armen were probably a bit too calm and accepting of this whole thing. True there were tears and emotional scenes but...oh well, I tried.

Another concept I focused on was the main character's personality. Instead of making Armen a perfectly pure white flower or abnormally vicious and cunning I tried to make him more human. He used to be a normal person, as normal as a nature-crazy photographer can be. Then he becomes a transmigrator and as he learns to adapt, he changes: becoming more disconnected and less affected by the world around him. Furthermore, he makes mistakes. He hurts both his brother and Raian and he's neither perfect nor are his actions all correct or justified. He tries to use his brother as an excuse to avoid his chemistry with Raian and that fails. His EQ is supposed to be high, yet he still struggles with the feelings of those close to him. Overall, I'm not sure I completely pulled this one off either but, once again, I tried.

Where did my title come from/another source of inspiration for this story:

Before I started writing, I'd just been reading either "After My Ex-Boyfriend's White Moonlight Proposed to Me" or "The Male Lead's White Moonlight is Attracted to Me" or some such similarly titled novel. So, I decided to create my own novel with such a title where the story exactly follows the title.

In SSBWM, the "scumbag shou" is his male lead's (Raian's) "white moonlight" or first love that he's never forgotten. It's exactly as the title says, plus it plays around with the concepts of a white moonlight, scumbag, shou, etc. Furthermore, it's ironic that the character Armen plays (scumbag shou) is precisely the character that gets in the way of the male lead's love with his white moonlight, when in actuality Armen himself is really Raian's white moonlight. 

Anyway, thanks for reading and making it all the way to here!

2