Ch 3 Breakfast With My Attractive Roomie
85 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

***Jessie POV***

Sunlight shines brightly on the girl on the bed, whose sprawled all over, messy curls covering her face, and a comfortably satisfied look on her cute face.

Face first in the pillow, hugging her slim frame, arms wrapped around herself, curled up in the fetal position as she snores softly in her sleep. Tiny teardrops leak, scrunching her eyebrows.

Her small nose wiggled unconsciously, sniffing at the delicious aroma waking her from her slumber as she yawns and stretches.

‘What’s that wonderful smell, hmm?’ she thinks to herself as she licks her plump, peach lips, her eyes flickering open. ‘Smells like… Eggs, and something else I can’t place my finger on. I wonder if it’s Cherry cooking, or someone else? Maybe I can ask them for some, if they don’t mind sharing? I need to start my job search soon, before the semester starts.’

Staring at the door, I impatiently jumped out of bed, tripping over my suitcase and falling to the floor; my butt collides on the hardwood as a loud *smack* echoes through the room. I feel pain up my back as I hope to be able to stand up. ‘Dang, my ass is killing, literally. Shit, all I wanted was some food, is that too much to ask for?’ she thinks to herself as she cries silently.

Laying my head between my knees with them pulled up to my chest, ignoring the pain on my bum and sobbing to myself until I heard footsteps racing to my room, Cherry shouting to me, “Are you okay in there?” I hear her ask.

As I raise my head about to speak, Cherry rushes into my room, a worried look on her face as she sees me on the floor in my pj’s and dry tears on my face. ‘This has got to be the most I’ve been embarrassed in my life, ever. Seriously, I’m wearing Yarichin Bitch Club pajamas. Dammit, I hope she doesn’t think I’m a pervert. If she asks, I’m just gonna say it’s a comedy school life anime. I think to myself, as I raise my head confidently while wiping tears from my face, a grateful smile aimed at her tugging on my lips.

She smiles back, showing her pearly white teeth. I turn my head nervously, a blush covering my cheeks Feeling her eyes on me, I stare back to see her stretching her hand out to me, only after she looks me up and down, biting her lips. ‘Is she checking me out? Nah, she’s definitely out of my league; not that I like her or anything.’ I think with a sigh as I place my hand into hers.

She softly pulls me up to her chest, grabbing my waist and leaning down to my hear, her hot breath fanning my face. My face and body are suddenly warm all over, ‘I’ve never had a reaction like this before when a stranger hugged me, what’s wrong with me? I need some water, or something.’

Her fresh mint smell fills my nostrils and consumes me, it’s too much; I bite my lip nervously.

“Do you want me to help you to your bathroom? I can help you run the water, too. I heard soaking in a nice, hot bath is good for sore bottoms,” she says softly in her thick Mexican accent, chuckling at me.

‘Is she really picking at me? So what if she’s attractive with her dark red hair and fine accent? And no, I only like her accent because I want to visit Mexico in the future. Seriously, I have really high standards, so high, nobody can reach…. Okay, fine. I’m better off alone.’

“Have you decided?” she says, her warm lips grazing my ear impatiently. Her arms already wrapped around me, she tightens the embrace, causing me to stiffen a little as I nod. Without warning, she picks me up bridal style, I latch onto her by putting my hands on her shoulders to balance myself.

I glare at her smiling eyes, before she rolls her own, “Why are you glaring at me like a frightened kitten?” she asks innocently, ignoring my death stares at her good-looking face.

‘I meant ugly, unattractive face. Yea, who said she looks good? I have high standards, remember?’

She places me on my bed, making me look at her tall, curvy figure as she stares down at me. I feel so small under her intense gaze, no wonder girls jump all over her. ‘Not that I’m like the other girls. It’s just that humans are so annoying, except Milly & Peachy.’

“Sure, your search history begs to differ.”

‘My search history is as clean as my innocent mind, okay?’

“Hope that helps you sleep well at night.”

‘Whaaaaat? I’m perfectly, 100%, undeniably innocent… Okay fine, accidents happen!’

“If you’re not going to speak, I guess I’ll have to tickle you!” She threatens lightly as she rubs my feet. I shiver at her touch.

‘I forfeit! My laughing is so cringey, it sounds like a chipmunk, or maybe a choking squirrel!’

“You.. can run me a bath if the offer’s still there?” I whisper quietly.

She nods in agreement, before making her way to my bathroom and running the water.

Showing off her plump a—‘No, no. I mean her plump arms. I’m definitely not checking her out, not at all. She might be a little sweet, but she’s still a bully.’

The water stops running and she walks out, making her way towards me, a smirk on her face. ‘What’s she thinking in that head of hers, with that mischievous grin on her face?’

Looking at confidently, she stands in front and holds her arm out for me to grab onto. I do so, and she walks me to the restroom, since I can walk a bit, the pain not as bad as it was initially.

I lean on the wall as she grabs my hoodie and underwear from my bed, per my orders. ‘Yes, she listens to me! I’m the boss, and she’s my henchwoman! Wait, no, don’t tell her I said this; not that she scares me, or anything.’ I think to myself, before remembering her lips grazing my ear, her hot breath on it. ‘Ugh, why did she have to tease me like that? Is this what roommates do? I… guess we could be friends, maybe.’

She came in, setting my clothes down on the counter with a towel and a rag, before turning to me, her signature grin on her face as she looks me up and down again. ‘Didn’t she ever hear staring at people too long is rude?’

“I wanted to ask if you need my help undressing? Since we’re both girls…” she asks, somewhat convincingly.

‘Like I’d let her undress me; the day I do, I’ve been possessed or something. I can’t let my scars be seen by anyone; what if people find out and they hurt her? She seems nice enough, at least.’

“Thanks for the offer, but I’m not as sore as I was earlier,” I say quietly, giggling at her surprised expression before it turns into a smirk.

She leans on the wall, staring intently at me, shaking her head in confusion. ‘Has she never been rejected before? Oh well, good lesson for her; not everyone’s attracted to her.’

“Okay. Jes, can I call you that, Jessie? You can call me Cherry, since we haven’t introduced ourselves yet.” I nod in agreement with the nickname. She smiles at me as she continues talking, and staring, “Okay. When you’re done, come eat breakfast. I cooked a Mexican egg dish and some pancakes, if you like that?” she questions.

I nod, “Sure, I’d like that.” I respond before she she smiles at me and heads out, shutting the door behind her. I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding and stripped before stepping into the tub with bubbles, soaking until I felt better.

I was out quickly when I heard my alarm ring, getting dried off and putting my clothes on. I placed everything where it needs to be neatly before heading into the dining room. I take a seat at the table to see all the food, smelling absolutely delicious and worth all the pain I went through this morning. ‘Definitely worth it; whoever marries this girl is blessed by the gods. Where is she, anyway?’

I look around to find her wearing a pantsuit that hugs her body, highlighting her curves. ‘What good taste for school; I just remembered we don’t have assigned uniforms. That means I have to go buy clothes, or people will notice me wearing the same 3 outfits.’

I dig into the dish that consists of a tortilla with fried eggs, beans, salsa, and cheese, moaning at the deliciousness in my mouth. ‘This is the best thing I’ve ever put in my mouth! Wait, why does that sound dirty?’

“Mmmm, I gotta learn to cook this,” I murmur to myself, forgetting about the pancakes until someone grabs one.

She stuffs it into her mouth while staring seriously at me. ‘Why is she staring at me, eating the pancake like that? Does she want some? But it’s so good.’ I internally sob at the thought of losing this delicacy.

“What’s this dish called in Spanish? It’s really good.” I ask, staring at her in curiosity.

I’ve only eaten American dishes in Miami and never got to try anything else. She points at the eggs and says passionately, “It’s called Huevos Motuleños; some Mexicans eat it for breakfast.”

I continue to munch on the eggs in silence as she tells me about her favorite thing to cook for breakfast, before she talks about various things concerning Mexico and how she can’t wait to go back.

I couldn’t help but feel a bit sad, but I know not everyone is meant to be by your side forever. Noticing the frown on my face, she pauses, “Are you alright?” she asks, concerned.

I nod, mumbling a yeah before she tries to tickle me.

She chuckles before moving on, “It looks like school’s about to start. Come on, get your stuff, and I’ll show you around. Are you a senior?”

“Yes,” I respond, before making my way back to the bedroom for my things before stepping out the front door.

‘I swear, I felt her eyes on my ass. Maybe I’m going crazy? I saw her on the phone, flirting with someone. Oh well, at least we get along, and can be friends. But why do I feel a slight pain in my chest? Maybe this the eggs, or maybe I need to exercise more? We can’t be anything more than friends.’

“Let’s go together,” Cherry says as she grabs my arms, dragging me around campus.

‘C’mon, Jessie! You’ve got this!’ I think as I pull my hood over my head, following her.

A/N: How did y’all like this chapter? Isn’t Jessie adorably innocent? What do you think about Cherry so far? Thanks for reading!

5