Ch. 6 Undeniable Spark
74 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch. 6 Undeniable Spark

Cherry’s Pov

In the middle of an intense make-out session, with some random girl. I met at school to let out my frustration and distract myself from my annoying thoughts. Of my cute roommate that I don't need to get involved with and that’s the way, it’s going to stay. She’s too pure to be mixed up in my life and we can be just friends.

Right? Interrupted by my intruding thought, when the random naked blond girl beside me on my bed and her arms wrapped around my neck. Bites and sucks down on my neck. “Pinche estupido! (fucking idiot) What’s wrong with you!” Rubbing my bruised and sore neck with my hand. Pushing her off my naked body, frightened by my loud voice. 

She gets up angrily, glaring in my direction. Getting off the cold mahogany floor, standing in front of me pointing her long nails, “What’s the fuck! This wouldn’t happen if you weren’t ignoring me.” Struggling to cute pout, puckering her smeared lipstick, holding her hips, strutting my way. 

Brushing her wavy blond hair to the side, I roll my eyes. Sitting up, preparing to open my mouth and bless her out. Has this girl ever heard of a one-night stand or fuck? It’s always the delusional ones I attract. That’s why I pledge to stay single forever.

When the sound of the front door opening and light footsteps heard. Juan must’ve just dropped Jes off and she’s just getting back. Hopefully, she’s not mad at me for not picking her up today. Shit! I forgot to pick up the clothes on the floor. Maybe she didn't see them. Why would she care, anyway? Aren’t we just friends? I thought to myself.

Whatever her name was in her face, stood in front of me biting her lip and balling up her fist, eying me.” Who’s that? Is it one of your whores!” She screamed. Running, swinging her hands like a crazy woman. Yep, this bitch has to go!

“I don’t think you read the memo. You’re not my woman. In any shape or form. Get out my face!” Grabbing her hands before she slashes me off my face. With her Edward scissor hand nails. Dragging her naked body towards the door, as she tries to wiggle out my tight grip. 

“Cherry, babe you can’t do me like this! Don’t you know who my father is!” Putting weight on her feet, tears leaking down her face. Mascara dripped down to the side of her face. Pitifully looking my way, I smiled at her. Letting her go, she places her right hand on her waist, pouting at me. “See, babe, I knew you liked me. There’s no need to let other insignificant people in our relationship.” waving her hand bashfully.

I step over to my nightstand, grabbing my gun from inside of it. Pointing it at her, sliding a bullet in it, she shakes in fear. Widely smiling at her, I crept towards her. “Continue, I love your voice. Repeat what you said. Ahora!” Her body falls to the floor, sliding against the door, fingers trembling, turning the knob. Biting her bottom lip, glancing away, hurrying her actions.

I don’t know why this brings joy and excitement to my very soul. Every time I see fear in my prey’s eyes. Sprinting in her direction, she screams loudly. I put my gun to her head, covering her mouth. Making eye contact with her, “When I release you, this time, you better zip it. Or else your father might not make it back from his trip to Mexico.” She hurriedly nods.

Tucking my gun into my back pocket, taking my hand off her mouth. Wiping her sweat off my hand onto my bedsheets. Disgusted. Shooing her off, she stands up, opening the door. Sprinting out of my room, grabbing her clothes, dashing out the front door. Relieved sighed, glancing around at the messy living room.

Picking up my clothes off the floor, throwing it and my bedsheets into the washer. Throwing away the empty liquor bottles off the counter. Quickly cleaning up everything till it's spotless, grabbing an extra pair of sheets. Making up my bed, hiding my gun in a spot behind my bed. My phone rings. I put it against my ear after answering it. “Who’s this! How did you get my number?”

“It’s Juan. I have something important to tell you.”

“What? Is it something related to the business?” Furrowing my brows, tapping onto my nightstand.

“No. It’s concerning Jes and what happened on my way getting her.” I pause at his words, staring at my door.

“Just tell me what’s up! You know I hate roundabouts.”

“Jes’s getting stalked by her biology teacher, from my research. He just moved to Miami from Italy, which makes me more suspicious. Knowing he could have connections with Milano's family.” My fists clench at their name, slip out of his mouth. Listening to his words, despite my patience growing thin.

“What state was Jes in? Is she okay? Do I need to call my personal doctor here?” Seriously asking. Tightening my grip onto the phone.

“Well, if we’re talking physically then, she’s fine. But, Cher mentally, she’s not fine. Have you checked on her or anything?” Hearing his words, I know I fucked up. Was she crying in her room? 

“Damn it! Is there anything else, or that’s it?”

“Cher, I know you want to protect her, but she needs her friend. Especially after everything she's gone through tonight. Or you are not confident in your family’s business?”

“You know, the stuff we do isn’t as black and white as it seems. What if I take my eyes off her and then, she’s gone? “

“I'll protect her since I care for her and my boss's concern, too. So win-win.”

“You’ve never spoken this much to me before. Only to your best friend Jose. Now I know you’re so biased against me.”

“Whatever, just take care of my friend or else?” threatening me, on the other line. I can imagine his eyes going cold as he said that. Knowing he does exactly what he says.

“Ok. But, now I'm not scared of you or anything. Just that insane boss of yours.”

“Whatever you say. Boss’s calling, so I gotta go. Take my words into consideration.”

“Sure dad!” Hanging up the phone in his face. Throwing my pj’s on heading in Jes’s room direction. Afraid for the first time in my life of what I might see. Sprinting into her room, opening the door. The cold air hit my face and body. Causing me, slightly shivering at the coldness of her room.

Glancing around, I find her slouched against the wall, arms wrapped around her legs. Still wearing her clothes from earlier, snuggling into herself. Concerned that she’d catch a cold or something, I picked up her petite body into my arms. Carrying her as she snuggles against my chest, tightening her grip on me. I curl my upper lip at the thought of the cute girl I'm holding.

Nope, she’s too innocent to be anything more to me. Plus, she has a family to make proud of and I like her kind smile. I can’t taint that or else I'd regret it. Gently placing her onto the bed, wrapping with her plush blanket up to her cute chin. Burying her head into her pillow, curly hair spread over it. Snoring softly, which was music to her ears.

Briefly glancing at Jes, I quietly strode out of the room. Smiling at the thought of her roommate heading to her room. Collapsing onto the bed, falling into a deep sleep, dreaming of my forbidden crush. Overtaking by the peaceful silence and darkness.

 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed reading! :)

6