Ch 4 Befriended By Her
70 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***Jessie’s POV***

I blinked my eyes at the sight of my campus, which seemed more like a mansion than a school, spreading 13 acres of land and well-groomed grass. Perfectly cut bushes and roses around the entrance. Gasping to myself at the silver sign that read,’ Achilles St. Boarding School.’

Designated valet parking spot reserved both for teachers and students. Students and teachers getting out of their Lamborghini or limbo in style, excluding with confidence. Compared to my nice but inexpensive car, which I hold dear to me and wouldn’t trade it for a think. Reminding me of a villa or mansion, Cherry strode through the golden gates and sliding her identity card.

I striding in behind her, catching up with her fast long legs. I mumbled, annoyed and jealous of Cherry's athletic-like body compared to my short petite one. Why do the gods always cause me to suffer, can’t a girl cut some slack? My eyes wander to her toned backside and accidentally check out her ass for a sec. Not that I attended to do such a thing.

I’m not that kind of girl, okay. I confidently thought to myself. Feeling my eyes roaming her body, Cherry glances at me, searching my face with a glint in her black eyes. Disappearing quickly, putting her charming smile on her face. I felt heat rush to my face, my almond complexion concealing it. Or else this would be embarrassing.

"Let go, mi gato. The first period is almost glancing at her, surprised by her affectionate tone. Is she trying to give me a heart attack with her flirting? Cheekily grin at me, chuckling at my death glare."Are you teasing me?"

I blurted out.

“I was only joking, okay? Let me get you to class or else, my aunt will give me a mouthful.”

 She placed her hand on my shoulder, guiding me through the Spanish-styled pathway. My palms sweat from the close contact between me and her. I never been this close with anyone besides Peachy or Milly, -this felt different. Not a bad kind, a weird kind. I rub my palms on my hoodie and try to calm my pulsing heart.

Only for her to bend down by my ear, whispering flirtatiously. When we entered the luxury building, which had a high ceiling and diamond chandelier shining from the sunlight beaming through, "Let me get you to class, mi cielito." Her soothing, deep Mexican accent came through as she teased me. What does mi cielito even mean? Is she making fun of me with that cute, punchable face of hers?

I glared at her, embarrassed and blushing on my face, turning to see students by the pearl-colored locker, shocked by our close PDA, and felt someone staring at me. I glanced in that direction. To be met with Sarah's green eyes piercing at me, and a girl's blue eyes, arms wrapped around her. 

Ignoring my presence and a chilling tingle made my hair strands stand up and I haven't felt that in a while. My body stiffened and Cherry state at me, concerned.

“Are you okay, Jess? Your shoulders suddenly tensed up on me.”

“Yeah, I was nervous and all. It’s my first day of boarding school.” I say reassuringly. She coldly glanced back at Sarah and the girl, clenching her jaw. She glanced briefly at me, sighing, frustrated. I wondered what's wrong. I stare at her with black eyes. She places a hand gently on my shoulder, seriously eying me.

“Okay, I'll believe you this time, Jes.” I nod, briefly smiling at her. She whispers to me. "Mi gato, next time it won’t be so easy for me to give up." I blush at her nickname for me. I need to give her one, too. A terrible one, yeah.

Catching the eyes of students that were heading to class, and she led me to my first period. Making me feel uncomfortable with them staring so boldly at me. Cherry grabs my phone out of my pocket and types her number in my phone. “Jes, call me if you need anything, okay?” 

Waiting for my answer. When did she become so bossy? Or was I too blind to see it? Shaking my head. "Okay, aren’t phones not allowed during class." I worriedly said. Earning a gentle smile from her.” My family owns this place, so that won’t do anything to me.”

“Fine,” I grumble out, agreeing. She pats my shoulder happily, “Jes see, that wasn’t so hard to say.” Heading off to her classes. She really did a three hundred and sixty on me. That girl and her mood swings. I entered my biology class to be surprised, when a familiar man, whose face I saw somewhere. I just couldn’t put my finger on it. 

He beckons me to his desk, students chatting amongst themselves. Totally in a world of their own as the young man, in his late twenty’s reaches out his hand and lightly grabs my hand. My body automatically stiffens at his touch, his blue eyes peering into her soul.

“Hi, I’m Mr. Maliaño, your biology teacher.” He said, brightly smiling at me, In his thick Italian accent. As the word 'teacher came out of his mouth, my body felt stiff, and I wanted to yank my hand away from his hold.

“And you are?” He asked. Don’t know our names. Plus, everyone else in his class is on their phones. Or chatting with each other. Is there really a need for me to introduce myself? He's got to be kidding me? I wanted to walk out of this class and slam the door right in his face. But I couldn't, my body just froze. I knew I had to introduce myself, plus I didn’t need them bugging me. 

I have to just ignore him and focus on my studies. I reassured myself. Feeling better than before.

His sickly sweet smile gave me chills up my spine. I cautiously eyed him and shook his hand, trying not to tremble. I forced a smile onto my face and introduced myself to my teacher. Holding in my breath and keeping calm.

“My name’s Jessie Silver. And I'm here to finish my last year of school.” I said nervously, trying not to break under his hold. When he glances at me, letting my hand go, patting me on the shoulder, and sitting at his desk in front of the classroom.

I let out my breath, which I'd been holding in without even realizing it. Standing by the door where he left me, till he called me over, I stride to his desk standing on the side of him and he pointed to himself smiling at me. "Jessie, remember, you can ask me for anything. My door’s always open to help." I nod at him to see anger flash through his eyes, quickly disappearing. Maybe I just imagined that, right? He could've gotten angry over such a small thing.

“Well, Jessie, if you need anything, you can come to my office after work, okay?" He quickly added, fixing his tie. Like hell would I come to ask his creep ass for help? Spotting a ring on his finger, glancing back at him, he catches my eye. 

Sliding off his ring, putting it away. I wonder if i misjudged him, maybe he lost his wife and is a little lost. Or going through something else. I still need to keep my guard up against him, so I won't end up hurt or worse.

He coughed, catching my attention, pointing to the back of the classroom. There a girl with blonde hair with pink streaks and bangs, sitting in the slouch over reading a book. Invested in whatever it is. And her brown eyes glance over at me. Then Mr. Milano. 

Smiles at me while stuffing her head back into her book. She must really be deep into that book. I wonder if she’d let me read it or tell me the name. I haven’t read a book in a while. I glance back at Mr. Millano to see him staring at me weirdly. But I can’t figure out why?

“That’s Amora, she’s your seatmate that’ll you'll be sitting with till the year’s over. Now you may excuse yourself.” He mannerly, shooing me away. I almost sprinted over to Amora but didn’t want to make my excitement too obvious.

I stride towards my seating area, briefly hear him speaking into his phone in Italian and glancing at me to his computer on his desk. Tying away while still whispering on his phone and sliding it into his pocket. I sat down in my chair, making Amora, who was reading, stick her head out of her book, quickly stuffing it to her desk and turning to me. Her cheeks slightly blushed.

What was she reading to make her so red? Wait, don't tell me she’s reading erotica or something. Her eager voice interrupted my thoughts,” Hi, my name’s Amora but you can call me Mora.” I nod timidly at her from all the energy exploding out of her.

“My name’s Jessie but, you can call me Jes,” I mumble out to her, making her smile at me. Then the bell rings, meaning class is officially starting and all my classmates quickly put down their phones. Or hiding it in their textbooks.

 The chattering stops and everyone faces the front of the class, watching Mr. Milano introduced himself to the class.” Hi, everyone my name’s Mr. Milano and I'll be your new teacher this semester. Because of the unfortunate circumstances of your old science teacher.” He maturely said, glancing over to the back of the class. 

 And asks the girl to hand out our syllabus for his class, including our other classes. She smiles brightly at him, fangirling inside. Quickly giving us our schedules, sitting back at her desk, stargazing at the teacher. Whispering softly to her friends, who were at another table beside me and Mora. I glance to my side to see Mora strolling down her phone, reading a manga ... a yaoi one at that.

He tells us we don’t have any work for today and can quietly talk amongst one another. Excusing himself, to go to the restroom.

No wonder she hid it from me. This girl really is something. Bravely reading Bl in the middle of class, carelessly. I applaud Mora’s confidence and want to learn from her, one day. She catches me looking at her. 

I pretend to be reading my textbook, and she shuts my book. Mora mischievously glanced at me. What’s she up to? She finally speaks up, looking at me folding her arms." I don’t know why you’re acting like you didn’t see my manga. "Her blue eyes pierced right through me, making me cave.

“Okay, I saw some of it but I didn't want to out you," I said, softly. She laughs at me, about to place her hand on my shoulder when my body instinctively finches. Mora puts her hand in her lap, looking at me, concerned, at my reaction. Why couldn’t I just get over this? Why am I so broken.? I hate worrying people, I only want others to look happily at me.

She softly smiles at me. I smile back at her when I don't see pity in her eyes and she scoots closer to me. Whispering early in my ear, "Do you wanna read some Bl, with me or not? She questioned. I awkwardly agreed, nodding my head.

We started talking more freely to one another, time quickly passing by and going our separate ways. I went to my two other classes alone and missed my new friend. Maybe we’ll have another class together. The bell rang, and I headed to the cafeteria to have lunch, finding a nice table in the back of the big luxurious room. 

Placing my bag down, heading to grab some lunch, and I ended up getting some ramen with rice on the side. I think the gods have finally had it in themselves to grace me with a delicious meal. Peacefully eating her food when Cherry and her friends came over to where I'm at. Coming in from the outdoor lunch area, how many cafeterias does this place have?

Hurriedly scoffed down my miso ramen while drinking the broth and eating some of my rice, almost choking, but thankfully I didn't. Knowing how unlucky I can be. Especially slurping ramen, in front of people I don't know excluding cherry. I still haven’t come up with a nickname for her.

From the side of my view, I see Mora sit down beside me, smiling and placing her stuff down, glancing at me. "Imma go get something to eat. Don’t run off on me.” I nod,

As she leaves, Cherry and her friends sit down at the table. Cherry introduces me to her two guy friends, glancing at me, "Jes, this is my friend Juan, he’s a senior like us” I see his brown eyes silently observing me and showing me a small smile. Calmly saying,” Nice to meet, Jes.” Tucking his platinum blond hair into a ponytail, I smile at him,” Me too.”

I wonder why Cherry’s introducing them to me. Oh well, they seem nice. She then put her hand on the other dude’s shoulder, brightly smiling at him.“Now, that's my best friend Jose and my wingman.” I can tell they’re really close compared to Juan. I look over to him, seeing his cold blue eyes glance at me, and nod, rudely looking down at his phone. 

I guess he doesn’t enjoy meeting new people. Cherry looks at my face, apologetic, “Sorry, he’s always cold to new people. Wait till he warms up to ya.” Giving me a small smile. I politely nod. Wondering when Mora’s coming back, glancing over to her bickering with the girl that was with Sarah at the food bar. 

Her olive skin turned red, angered by the girl. I wonder what that girl did to her, isn’t she Sarah’s girlfriend? Why’s she flirting with Mora? She better not hurt my new friend or else. Two flirtatious girls' voices. I glance over at them.  

At our table one flirted with Jose, sitting in his lap and arms around his neck. As he’s eating some spaghetti, flashes a smile at Juan, who smiles back at him, nodding at him. Picking his food silently in his own world.

 My body stiffens when I see Cherry making out with the other girl in front of me. My heartfelt like it’d stabbed. Realizing I may have a crush on my friend, that I've been denying since I met her. This has to be the worst first day of school, losing my appetite and sneaking away from the lunchroom. Grabbing my bag and Juan looks up at offering a small smile. 

I hurriedly ran into the restroom, stuffing the leftover rice in my bag. I look at my reflection in the mirror to see my tears falling out of my eyes and I wipe them away with my hand. Splashing water on my face, trying to figure out why my heart hurts or I'm crying over my friend.

I wipe my face, hearing the bell ringing. I left the restroom, heading to my next class, deep in my thoughts.  Telling myself repeatedly it’s just a crush, it’ll fade away.

A/N: Did you enjoy this chapter? Comment on your thoughts.

Thanks for reading!

 

6