Chapter 57 – Miss Planner’s Special Boy
185 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The selfish man wasn't much of a man anymore. He'd been transformed into something else entirely. His mind ran in strange new directions, and his body was more powerful than ever before. He was covered in armored scales. He had a set of ferocious claws and a long, skinny tongue optimal for slurping up fresh meat. His muscles and bones were hard and strong, yet flexible enough to move with ease. His bulging red eyes could see aura more easily than color. He couldn't talk anymore, but his high-pitched, stuttering screeches could easily be mistaken for laughter.

The selfish man freely traded his humanity and self-control for invincible strength. Or so he thought. In reality, he wasn't invincible. Not even close. He was no match for a real team of predators, and he was captured before he even knew what hit him. To the white organizations of Grandebelle, the selfish man was just a strange novelty and nothing more. 

The selfish man's new life as a test subject was deeply painful and humiliating. He developed a special hatred for an overweight man in a white lab coat who treated him like an animal. The fat researcher had a deep, piercing voice that grated on the selfish man's nerves, but that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was when he drained his blood, or forced him into the tank...

"That's a good boy. Good Feeder. Good Feeder."

But relief for the selfish man finally came when a tiny blonde woman entered his tank. She did something to his mind to calm him down and made him think he was happy again.

"Good boys are always rewarded."

The selfish man, no, the Feeder nodded enthusiastically and licked her hand.

"You have such a big appetite. They just call you Mature Feeder, Male. Not much of a name. What do those lazy scientists really know about you, anyway? They can't see your soul like I can. You are my little Mature Feeder, Male. And I am going to take good care of you."

The researchers in the room all laughed, but the tiny blonde woman ignored them and brought the Feeder out of the tank. It looked like a skinny man with terribly long limbs crossed with a giant lizard. Its mouth was filled with sharp teeth, and its arms and legs ended in long, deadly claws. Miss Planner smiled sweetly at the sight of the monster flexing its powerful muscles and gently stroked it on the head.

The researchers watched in awe, realizing how lucky they were to be working for such a capable woman. Her smile and warm touch calmed everyone in the lab. The tiny blonde girl in a perfect outfit stood with poise, guiding the Feeder to its battery of tests without a shred of fear. She seemed to almost glow as she walked among the rows of equipment, walking side by side with the beast, touching it tenderly, and speaking softly.

The researchers were all spellbound by her beauty and grace, but some felt guilty for staring at her. Indeed, it felt like they were intruding on a deeply personal moment between a sweet girl and her pet. Their discomfort was soothed somewhat by the knowledge that Miss Planner wasn't sweet at all; rather, she was one of the coldest, most calculating, and most merciless women on the planet.

Day after day, the Feeder was poked, prodded, measured, dissected, experimented upon, and observed through various scientific methods. The researchers watched it closely, trying to find something that would help them understand its strange powers. The Feeder, now content with its lot, endured the pain and indignity in silence. Every once in a while, a researcher would try and reach out and grab a leg or an arm to test for weakness. Each time, Miss Planner scolded them and slapped their hands away.

"Can you show a little respect for this magnificent creature, please?" she asked icily. "Hasn't he given us so much? He is a very important partner in our experiments here. Be gentle with him."

Miss Planner was kind towards her captive, but she was no fool. She knew full well what a dangerous creature he was, and why he had to be contained in such extreme conditions. And yet, she managed to act so innocent...

While the researchers were busy being awestruck by Miss Planner's charm, she secretly got to work. As soon as the scientists left the lab for lunch, she turned off the recording devices and had a private conversation with the Feeder while she drained it of its blood.

"Shhh... no one's listening, now. It's just you and me. Be quiet for me... and listen. You know I care about you, right?"

The Feeder cooed quietly and nodded slowly in response. The Feeder was pleased that someone cared. He'd thought nobody liked him or could tolerate his monstrous new existence. Miss Planner continued talking to him, telling him how strong he was, how nice his claws and scales were, how lucky he was to be here with her.

"You have such a big appetite... but it won't last forever. Your body is wearing itself out. Have you noticed you're not as strong as you were yesterday? You can feel it yourself, can't you? Soon, your brain and nervous system will wear out, too. Then you'll die."

The Feeder's eyes went wide and he trembled slightly at the news. Miss Planner smiled reassuringly at her pet.

"You are a special boy, and I care about you too much to let you die. I will keep your soul alive, and I'll make a beautiful new body for you... and you'll never need to feel pain ever again. It will be the strongest, most beautiful body in the whole world!"

She laughed and stroked the Feeder's head affectionately. The skinny monster let out a happy screech in return. He couldn't wait to experience his new body. His mind drifted back to happier times when it felt like nothing was impossible for him. Miss Planner smiled and said goodbye, then took the Feeder back to his containment cell. He waited patiently in his cold, dark chamber, screeching excitedly, looking forward to a future free of pain and suffering.

5