The Beginning
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What are you staring at? Didn't you hear what I just said? Pour the fucking water over his head, you asshole." 

Endo's shouts resonated in the quiet hostel room.
 
But the underclassman stood unshaken and continued to glare at him.
 
"Are you fucking deaf?!"
 Exasperated, Endo mumbled, "Well I guess I'll have to do it myself."
 
"That's dangerous, man. You should probably stop." Mizutani tried to reason with his friend, though he was pretty sure he would be ignored this time too.
 
He didn't want to be a part of this but sadly he didn't have much of a choice in this.
 
"I don't remember asking for your opinion so shut the fuck up." And that did the trick.
"And you, get ready." Endo's eyes were on his prey for the day - maybe actually month. 
 
Akihiro dared not look at those eyes which were piercing into him like a vulture's claws. Anytime now. The water must still be somewhat hot since he'd only turned the electric kettle off  a few minutes ago. But what bothered him more was how helpless he felt in his current situation. Fighting back was not even an option.
 
"I said it's fucking hot." Before Endo could reach the kettle, in a swift motion, Akihiro's best friend, the stubborn  underclassmen grabbed it  and rushed to the bathroom. By the time Endo snatched it away from his hands, Nao had emptied its contents in the sink. 
 
Groaning, Endo smashed the now useless thing on the floor.
 
"Trying to play the hero, huh? Who do you think you are?"  Endo grabbed Nao by the collar and threw him against the wall. 
Nao felt a searing pain as Endo's fist made contact with his nose. 
 
That's it. I can't take this anymore.
 
Pushing him away, Nao aimed a punch at Endo's stomach and as intended, it landed with the desired impact. 
Akihiro and Shiiba - one of Endo's underlings who was also present in the room, rushed to them, to separate the two while Mizutani scurried out of the room.
 
The clusterfuck went on as Nao and Endo hit each other, tooth  for tooth and eye for an eye. A few strikes landed on the remaining two as well, as they tried to pull their friends away from the fight in vain. 
 
The door opened with a bang as Mizutani entered the room, bringing in an uninvited guest. Nao looked his way for a second, scanning the new addition. It was an upperclassman he'd seen a few times before but never quite bothered to learn the name of. The guy was tall and had a slender frame. His looks weren't too shabby either.
 
"What's going on here?" Asahi asked.
 
"Ah Asahi, good thing you came. I was teaching this guy here the right way to show respect for us seniors." Endo replied.
 
"I heard you were about to throw hot water on him. Is that true, Endo?" 
 
"Tsk." Endo sounded as annoyed as he looked. "Why do you all have to be such softies, huh? I was just having some fun."
 
"Dude, I think you should leave now. I saw the warden lurking in the first floor and you know you're not allowed to be here at this time of the night. You remember what happened last time, right?" Asahi's tone had slightly shifted. While in the beginning it felt as he was trying to reason with the bully, now in his response, was a hint of threat.
 
And it seemed it worked. Endo's expression changed instantly as he was reminded of what happened the last time he got caught for doing something very similar. The suspension wasn't much of a bother, but he took significant damage in more ways than one.
 
Letting go of Nao, he got up from the floor and stretched his hands and legs.
"You'll take care of them for me, won't you? Or do you want me to handle this tomorrow?"
 
"Oh don't worry about that. I'll set them straight." Asahi assured Endo. His eyes were now on the two troublemakers, one of whom was lying on the floor.
 
"Shiiba, you stay here and help him out." Endo told his friend as he walked up to the door.
 
Asahi wanted to ask him if he didn't trust him but decided to remain silent for the moment. Endo left the room, closing the door behind him with a loud thud.
 
"You both - one hundred push ups. Now ." Asahi shouted orders at the two underclassmen who were looking at him unsure of what he was planning on doing.
 
"No way! There's no way I'm doing that. " Nao was feeling slightly empowered now that the villian had left the room. The Asahi guy didn't seem as dangerous.
 
"Don't you have the brains to understand we're letting you off easy? You better do it or we'll fucking beat your asses blue tomorrow." Shiiba threatened. 
 
"Well I guess we'll see each other tomorrow again, then." Ignoring Asahi's intense gaze, Nao continued his protests. Akihiro didn't look so sure.
 
In response, Asahi's lips curled into a smile. He walked forward, upto Nao. Nao noticed that this man had as strong a  presence as Endo or maybe stronger. His pace wasn't hurried nor were the words that came out of this mouth.
 
Asahi wiped the blood off Nao's nose. Rubbing it between his thumbs, he told him a low voice.
"I'm sorry but did I give you the impression that you have a choice? Guess what, you don't. So I suggest you start doing it right now since I'd like to go back to my room as soon as I can."
 
Nao wasn't impressed. Here he thought he'd escaped from a devil but only to land right infront of another.
"Who the hell do you think you are?!" 
 
"Asahi, you wait, I'll show them." Annoyed and more than angry, Shiiba shouted.
 
"Make it 150." 
 
"Huh?" Akihiro asked Asahi, puzzled.
 
"150 - up and down. The next time he opens his mouth, I'll make it 200." 
Asahi was still smiling when he said this, but the smile didn't reach his eyes.
 
"Yes Senpai, we'll do it." Akihiro hurriedly reassured him and he looked sideways at Nao, who looked like he was about to protest again.
 
"Nao, please. Let's just get this over with." He begged.
 
Fuck it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
0