Chapter 5
36 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wrruooongg!

The wolves growled in anger as their eyes lit in crimson hue.

Wei Xiaodan thought that the dark knight was surely done for, but at the next second, a scene he never thought would happen soon unfold before his very eyes.

The wolves got agitated by what he said and began dashing towards him. 

Good thing he gained quite a distance and managed to run away earlier while their eyes were fixed on the dark knight or else they would have managed to pounce on him by now while proceeding to feast on his flesh. Heck, it wouldn't even take a few seconds before they could arrive from where he was standing at earlier if so.

However, instead of panic, hope seemed to lit an obvious light inside his determined eyes. And after swallowing down the dried off saliva inside his throat in one gulped, he began running away while carefully keeping a watch over the dark knight. 

1 minute and a half sure had passed by now. All he needs to do is to buy another 1 minute and a half by keeping them busy.

Well, talking is cheap than literally doing it. With his average physique, his stamina continued to decrease in every steps he took, as his speed slowed down to such a degree.

Just 30 seconds more… He was counting the time inside his head, but the more he gazed behind him, only sorrow lighting up in his eyes were the emotions he could feel at the moment.

Soon enough, the wolves caught up to him, and were a few meters away from him.

10 more seconds!! Wei Xiaodan cried out in his mind in urgency, however, fate didn't give him the leisure time to think as the wolves suddenly managed to grab a hold on the back cloth of his upper clothes.

He could feel the wolf whose palm managed to grab a hold on him and managed to stop him from moving forward, breathing heavily like a beast in heat.

Crimson blood started seeping out behind his neck, as the sharp nails of the wolf started digging even deeper under his flesh. All he needed to do was last for a single second, and he'll be able to live for another day.

But, there's no more hope for him now, as he heard the wolf open it's maw to bite at the back of his neck. And just as he expected, the sharp teeth of the wolf went deeper at the back of his neck, as more crimson blood seeped out from him.

"....A-acck….." Wei Xiaodan groaned in pain, as his expression distorted like a leaf rotting from getting old.

As he was about to lose his consciousness, a dark giant gate the size of a giant door suddenly appeared below his feet. And like a blackhole, he was sucked inside the giant gate and vanished into thin air leaving the wolf biting his neck dumbfounded.

***

The dark knight closed her eyes ready to meet her demise only to hear a voice so irritating that even though she'd only heard it a few times, she was already far irritated enough to the point of wanting to torture 24/7 the owner of the voice with her own hands.

"Heeeeyy!! Ugly canine carnivores!! Didn't your mothers taught you the way of the forest!? 'Hunt down the last sole survivor first before jumping in a feast' you lowly insects brained ugly canines carnivores!!"

A voice so irritating to hear spoke out cursing words under the blue sky and without even looking at the owner of the voice, she already knew who that person courting death was.

Kukukuk, was he trying to be manly or something since there's a woman near him? If not, he wouldn't have taken the risk earlier with his life on the line. The dark knight couldn't help but to reveal a smile as she heard that voice and soon her eyes narrowed in irritation, as flames started to burn ablaze deep into her mesmerizing eyes.

"...Just what nonsense is he trying to pull off now. Does he think he can agitate the horde of wolves and gain their attention by cursing about their race? Seriously, he's just being racist right now." The dark knight muttered to herself dejectedly.

There's no hope of saving her life no matter what Wei Xiaodan is trying to pull off. After all, such a futile performance would only work on someone who's also a human being just like her….

….Yeah, unless he was an orator.

Actually, his serpent tongue would definitely fit to be an orator only if he was an ability user with such an ability. Not only can he boost his allies by cursing, he can also curse as long as he wishes for.

Wait, wouldn't he also fit in as a bard??

"...Wait, that couldn't be possible," The dark knight rejected such an idea coming straight from her own head immediately.

Him, being a bard? Instead of being a bard. With his looks alone and sharp tongue, wouldn't he do much better work as an evil religious workshipper instead??

The dark knight no longer held any hope as she thought she's about to be devoured soon, but not too long afterwards, the wolves feets who's enough to create an earthquake due to their mass numbers suddenly came to halt.

They stopped?! What happened??

The dark knight, unsure of what's happening, didn't want to open her eyes since she didn't want to be devoured with her eyes opened wide, and could only make guesses inside her head.

Did he succeed in stopping them with just words…?

Even though it sounded impossible, she was beginning to feel the urge to open her eyes. But before she could, the ground trembled once again as the feets of the wolves rushing towards her started moving elsewhere, heading to the direction where the voice came from.

Well, just like them. Even hearing Wei Xiaodan's voice alone irritates her too, so them being agitated by simply hearing his voice wouldn't be too shocking….

But to think he was able to make them gather all their attention at him with words alone? Now the dark knight was beginning to think that maybe he really is an orator or a bard in disguise.

Little did she know that he wasn't even one of those what she'd thought of. Wei Xiaodan isn't even an ability user after all.

2