Chapter 18
188 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No, it's more likely that Mevis could speak it, perhaps he even learned it somewhere. Since he had studied the planet earth to find a suitable disciple, he must have picked the dark book on his way while studying our language." Recalling how powerful Mevis was, Wei Xiaodan wouldn't be surprised anymore if Mevis only found it on earth. Mevis didn't even show his full strength yet, but Wei Xiaodan was already overwhelmed by being an inferior creature in front of him.

Wei Xiaodan sat on the ground again and soon circulated the primordial heaven defying arts that he now had. Unlike the demonic hell flames, the primordial heaven defying arts doesn't have a passive strength like demonic hell flames which could show the gray flames swirl around his body. And when he tried making contact with primordial heaven defying arts, it was like a none ego'ed characteristic unlike the demonic hell flames, it doesn't obey his calls nor react to it. Like a nonliving thing, unless Wei Xiaodan figured out what its uses, I'm afraid he wouldn't be able to use it even if it's activated.

Wei Xiaodan groaned as he stared into a completely dark sky. He opened and closed his mouth, seemingly hesitating, before finally opening it to speak, "I've cultivated it! Now keep your promise!"

As soon as his speech ended, a black gate suddenly appeared out of nowhere and even though lots of years had already passed since Wei Xiaodan last saw those blavk gate, he still could remember who the owner of it. 

"Great, didn't expect you to finish it in only 40 years." Mevis walked out of the dark gate and cackled under his breath. Now that's how a real devil.

Wei Xiaodan was no longer scared of him unlike in the past. Not because he had grown stronger, but because he trusts him a little now since Mevis was his only benefactor. Not only did he saved him twice, but also gave him cultivation art which wouldn't be found anywhere, "You think I'll let myself rot in this place while those gods were taking their life easily like a c*ck. Pft, dream on."

Mevis seemed to have guessed his response and said, "You've never changed do you?" 

"How can I change when this place keeps my mind in a fixed state." Wei Xiaodan said in mockery.

Mevis was speechless there. Not because he didn't want to say anything, but because he knew it was his fault. He forgot that this place also keeps one's mind in a fixed state.

"W-Well, at least you got to keep your head from going crazy."

"Enough with your bullshit, you've trapped me here for so long so let's get out of here already so I could finally breathe free."

Mevis nodded his head and immediately opened a gate, and soon, the two of them entered the gate and vanished.

***

"Ugh, the air here still stinks…. I swear, I'll never get used to this." Wei Xiaodan had finally returned from the place he had always wanted to see.  Unfortunately, it's not earth but hell instead. 

Mevis stared at Wei Xiaodan's physique for a while and said, "You sure have changed a lot."

"Was that a mockery...?" Wei Xiaodan glared at him and said.

Of course, Mevis ignored him and explained, "Your physique has changed for sure. What did you do in those mean times? Did you figure out how to use a buff magic skill and use it to yourself?"

"Workout. All those years I couldn't figure out a way out nor how to cultivate the cultivation art you've given me, I did workouts as a passing time, sometimes meditation." Wei Xiaodan said shortly disinterested.

"Workout?" Mevis was born with a powerful physique, so he couldn't get a grasp of what Wei Xiaodan was trying to tell him.

"Working out is working out. If you still don't get what's working out after I explained it, then you're an idiot." Wei Xiaodan said with a frown.

"How can I understand, when what you're saying doesn't make any sense!" Mevis wanted to complain oh so badly but the words won't come out of his mouth. With a smile on his face, Mevis decided to change the subject instead, "You must be hungry now, why don't we head over to my house for now and eat. Later on, we can just talk about your promise of you becoming my disciple that you've said in the past."

Wei Xiaodan nodded his head and didn't say anything. After all, it had really been such a long time since he last ate something. Also, after cultivating the primordial heaven defying arts, his appetite has also grown bigger so he needs to refill his long been emptied out for years, stomach.

Hell still hasn't changed after he had spent almost 40 years in the other dimension. As he had guessed, a day had only passed right here even though what he had experienced was lots of years on the other dimension. Well, at least he's still young and hasn't gotten older. No wrinkles could be seen on his face.

The dark tree under the mountain could still be seen in the distance. However this time, there were three leaves on the ground that were already withered that seemed to have fallen from the tree. That could only means, someone had died today somewhere in the universe. Well, not like he cares anyway. As long as that person ain't him, he'll never care.

Not too long afterwards, they soon arrived in front of Mevis' tiny house. When they entered inside, Wei Xiaodan didn't feel uncomfortable, instead it was like he was back home. Just like when he was still on earth with his family. He didn't get the alienated feeling of meeting Mevis and returning to Mevis's house. What a strange thing that was.

"Maybe he was like a family to me now…" Wei Xiaodan thought to himself as he stared at the back of Mevis with a delighted smile. Even though Mevis had imprisoned him from that place for almost 40 years, he didn't feel any resentment towards him regardless of how many times Mevis had saved him by now.

  

0