29. Trash
52 7 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As usual Sayan slips into the room around midnight, another day of overtime. Coming in through the darkness, he takes a step, then freezes as his foot touches something...squishy? Pausing, he hastily scrambles for his phone, turning on the flashlight at the corner. As soon as it alights, he freezes, seeing the vague hulking figures sprawled around the room. What the hell...?

With furrowed brows, he uses the phone light to awkwardly navigate to the switch at the side of the room. Flipping it on, his eyes widen to the size of saucers and his lips start to twitch. Four figures clad entirely in black (his specially trained bodyguards) and one young man lay sprawled around the room, accompanied by a startling number of empty wine bottles. Striding over to one of the bottles, Sayan feels his teeth gritting as he sees the name of one of his favorite but especially rare brands. 

Bearly holding a roar back he stands back up, then freezes as someone grabs his foot. Slowly looking down, he sees the grizzled head of his bodyguard force nuzzling his foot.

"zzz...ahh so much pizza...zzz..."

For a moment the room is entirely silent as if even the very air senses the approaching thunderclouds. Then...

"YOU BASTARDS!" 

Several moments later, four bodyguards come sprinting out of the room as if fleeing a great calamity. Like soldiers, the slightly more able-bodied individuals support their "wounded" (drunk) comrades in hastily retreatin,g leaving behind...Arek sitting quietly on the couch, his head bowed accompanied by a boiling Sayan standing in front of him.

Turning towards Arek, Sayan feels mixed emotions. Despite his seething anger, Arek's antics are no stranger to him, honestly, it could be worse. At least he only got drunk in the room rather than running off to a club led by that "friend" of his...what was his name again? Never mind, what's important now is discipline. Sayan steels his face into his signature icy-cold mask.

"Do you know what you've done wrong?" He demands, his tone cutting. Arek doesn't respond and Sayan feels his frown grow.

"Arek." The other still doesn't respond, nor even lift his head.

"Arek." Silence.

"Arek Spearen!" At this Arek wildly flinches, his shoulders jerking. Slowly he lifts his head and immediately Sayan is struck dumb by the large pearly tears dripping down his face. 

"...You-"

"I couldn't save him."

"What?"

"I couldn't save her either."

"...What are you-"

"They all gave it up for me, everything, for me...a piece of garbage, the most useless piece of garbage there is."

"Arek what the heck are you-"

"Don't you want to know how Sean died?"

Sayan freezes, his eyes caught by Arek's strange gaze.

"It was just like...this!" Arek jerks his hand forward, imitating a stabbing longsword. "Stright through the heart! Bam! Bang! Kabom!" He pauses. Then, suddenly jumps up, screeching: "AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!"

Sayan's eyes widen and he hastily stands up to catch Arek in case he falls but the other seems to be playing some strange game, muttering to himself while jerking his hand this way and that. "...So I stabbed her like THIS! And I got him like THAT! BAM BAM BAM!" Like a child, he carries out his own murderous dance as Sayan watches in increasing horror. Just as he's about to go forward and stop Arek, the other bonelessly collapses onto the floor. Sayan approaches him cautiously while peering over his prone figure. 

It's silent for several moments. Then, Arek bursts into waves of wild laughter, causing Sayan to jump.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Stupid him! I got him good, I got him good, HAHAHAHA!" For a moment Sayan stands there, debating whether to approach any closer. Soon enough the chuckles die down into another round of sobs which grow quieter and quieter until it's completely silent.

Continuing to keep his gaze on Arek, lying bonelessly like a dead fish, Sayan approaches him as if handling a bomb that could go off at any moment (which isn't inaccurate). Indeed, within seconds Arek jerks up into a sitting position however, this time Sayan is ready and doesn't flinch.

"I need to go." Arek says, his voice crisp and seemingly sober.

"Go where?" Sayan asks.

"To the trash can."

"...Haah?"

"To get thrown away."

Around half an hour later, Sayan finally manages to dissuade Arek from "throwing himself away" and manages to stuff him into his bed. Exhaustedly, he leans against the wall, his mind replaying the night's excitement. 

"...trash...my fault...thrown away...what the hell is going through this kid's mind?" Sayan mutters to himself. His gaze returns to the now empty living room and falls on the empty bottles of wine. With a start, he realizes that the one in the room isn't a kid anymore. Somehow he's supposed to be an adult. Whether that's true or not, he certainly seems to have all the worries of one.

Worries I can't do anything about...ah screw it, this is ridiculous, when have I had a moment when there's something I can't do anything about since I've taken over the company? Immediately, Sayan's mind goes to the moment when his bodyguards informed him of Arek and Sean's disappearance. 

With increasingly furrowed brows, he runs a hand through his hair, ruffling his perfectly styled dark hair. Damn it, this stupid otherworldly stuff...should I just go ask him then?

2