Chapter 40 – Jade’s, first time killing
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jade was stunned. Her whole body froze in fear. The monster was big. As big as 6 feet. It had a very ugly body and face. Its face was ruined. Puss and blood were coming out of many places of its body. Its nails were long, fangs sharp, and it ran towards her with its full speed.

Sam was now very disappointed. The mistake Jade made was the most basic error that anyone would do. He didn't tell her about this cuz he needed to see what will she do if such a situation came.

Will she scream?

Will she hug him and cower in fear?

Or will she defeat her own fear and kill it?

He didn’t help her as he just stood and waited.

Jade was scared shitless, but her mind gears were working very fast. She remembered everything Sam told her to. So, without hesitation, she raised her gun, pointed it, and fired it on the awakened leg.

Shoooooooooooooo……

Her gun had a silencer attached to it. So instead of the BANG sound, the sound of SHOOOO came.

The awaken, which was now just 6 m away from Sa,m and Jade suddenly jerked and fell when the bullet hit its leg. It was running towards the humans with full speed and lost balanced when suddenly something hit it.

It didn't feel any pain so without any hesitation it tried to wake up and run towards the little girl.

But Jade had some other plans. The moment the awaken raised its head, she fired. One, two, three, four, five, all the fifteen bullets she planted it on the awakened head.

She was scared. Her whole body was shaking in fear, but she still fired the gun, and when it hit the target, and the awaken stopped moving, she felt relief, and her body stopped shaking.

But the fear still made her fire the gun continuously, and she fired her gun until she saw the card coming out of the awakened body.

“Perfect.” Sam smiled as he patted Jade’s head.

But Jade didn't care as she hurriedly hugged Sam as her life depended on it.

Sam didn't stop her this time and hugged her back as he whispered, "We will rest a little bit and try again later. OK."

Jade nodded her head as furiously as she could.

Sam pulled the golden card out of the awakened body, and gave it to Jade, and spoke, "Crush it. It’s yours.”

Jade nodded. Took a deep breath and crushed the card. Then she felt her head becoming dizzy. She felt so disgusted that she nearly puked whatever fried rice she ate. But she controlled it by taking deep breaths and hugging Sam.

Sam felt like laughing but bit his lips not to. If Jade heard him laughing, she would surely kill him. And he doesn't want to die at such a young age, moreover, from his own sister's hand.

Then out of nowhere, a green whip came in Jade's hand. It was dark green, beautiful, and has very tiny thorns all over it.

"Can you see a small screen-type thing in front of you? It's a status bar. You must hide it from everyone when checking it, except me. Now show me what technique and weapon you got." Sam explained.

Jade just nodded as she showed her status to Sam.

 

[Status]

Host: Jade Dixon

Rank: White

Natural Element: None

True Body Regeneration: 2%

True Permanent Immunity: 0%

Race: Human

Status: (The average human status value is 10)

Strength: 6.0+10 (16.0)                                 Agility: 5.8+10 (15.8)

Endurance: 5.7+10 (15.7)                              Intelligence: 13.7+10 (23.7)

Physical resistance: 10.0+10 (20.0)               Element resistance: 10.0+10 (20.0)

Body regeneration: 10.0+10 (20.0)

Battle skills:  Thorny Whip Technique (Beginner 0/100).

Items on hand: Thorny Whip (Iron [Upgradable]), Beretta (Iron).

 

[Thorny Whip] (Unique Weapon, One-handed whip)

Weapon Rank: Iron [Upgradable] (Kill 10K Normal monsters.)

All Attributes: 10+

Each attack carries penetration which ignores 30% of the enemy's defense.

Additional Active Skill 1: Thorn Circle: A powerful circle attack that has both physical and magical damage. Will deal 300% damage within 50*50 yards for 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 9 seconds.

Additional Passive Skill 1: Infinite Thorn Whip: Can extend and contract with an impressive speed within 250 yards and inflict 100% base damage to the enemy.

Cooldown: None.

Additional Passive Skill 2: Thorny whip: Whip carries small thorns which trigger bleeding, increasing damage by 50%, reducing enemies body regeneration by 3x, Reaction Speed, Attack Speed, and Movement Speed by 50%.

Cooldown: None.

 

Owner: Jade Dixon

Unable to be dropped.

Unable to be traded

 

 

[Thorny Whip Technique]

Grade: S

Additional Active Skill 1: Thorn Slash: A powerful, physical and magical Thorn slash against a Single target and causes 300% damage to the target.

Cooldown: 3 seconds.

Additional Active Skill 2: Thorn fire: A powerful physical and magical attack that fires non-stop thorns from the whip within 75*75 yards for 3 seconds and inflicts 300% to all the enemies.

Cooldown: 2 minutes.

 

"DAMN!!! Those are some real badass passive skills. Combining both of them can nearly make everyone's life miserable. Do not show this to anyone. No one understand! Not even Chris.”

“If Matt wants to know, just tell him about your Active skills and say, my other two skills are Passive. He will understand it himself. He is an intelligent person. Damn, seeing your Passive skills, I am truly feeling life coming back to my body.” Sam sighed.

He truly felt relaxed now. Shock won't even describe him. Although there were only three active skills Jade had, those two passive skills made up for them.

And even those active skills were pretty impressive. Two for group target attack and one for single target attack. Not to say, their cooldown time was also very limited. And could be used again and again.

Jade herself was shocked out of her wits. Even in her wildest dreams, she never thought her luck would be this great.

Although she got S Grade Battle Technique instead of SSS like her brother and SS like Lucy still, her weapon truly made up for her shortcomings.

Her confidence also rose pretty high.

Not to say, the whip felt just right in her hand.

Like it was made for her.

 

2