Chapter 51 – Despair
75 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Matt's vision fell on the guy who was laying on the ground 150 m away. He ruthlessly slashed his blade even though he was 150 m away from him.

At the same time, he blinked and got behind him and severed his body into two, right from the middle.

Like a shower, blood flew as Matt's whole body from head to toe covered with blood, but he just ignored it. 

Even though using blink three times in a row sucked three times of stamina, killing the sniper was the paramount job.

One bullet and any of them would end up dead.

Then, he suddenly felt a glare piercing through him. 

Matt raised his head as blood poured through his body and met the pitch-black anger field gaze with a calm gaze.

Noah, who saw Oliver's horrible death, was stunned. He felt life slipping out of his body as he saw his best friend cut right from the middle and the kid taking bath on his blood.

Blank.

His mind went blank. He couldn't think anymore. 

What happened?

How did Oliver die?

He only saw a kid standing behind Oliver and slashing his blade so ruthlessly that he felt a chill crawling down his spine.

He wanted to stop the kid, but his body froze the moment the kid's blade descended, and the blood spilled like a shower.

Anger, horror, disbelief. 

His emotions were in turmoil, but one thing was clear in his mind that the kid has to die.

No matter what, today, he will kill the kid. Otherwise, he won't rest in peace until the kid dies.

So, like a ferocious beast, he rushed towards Matt " I WILL KILLL YOUUUUUUU! HOW DARE YOU KILL OLIVER?? HOW DARE YOU??? HOW DARE YOU???? HOW DARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU?????"

As he slashed his paw viciously towards Matt. He was so fast that within a second, his paw was in front of Matt's face.

Matt, on the other hand, calmly faced the paw and parried it with Lone Slaughter, but he still went flying and struck the tree when his small body felt the mass weight and the force of the attack.

Matt calmly backflipped and tried to get in a better position after striking the tree and tearing it apart. But Noah had some other plans as he continued attacking and viciously kicked towards Matt.

Now Matt knew how dangerous Noah's attack was. Even if he parried them or blocked them, he will still be at disadvantage.

Not to say, he could feel three of now his broken ribs, which were giving him tearful pain.

So, he blinked and came behind Noah, whose monster dog body was 9 feet tall, and used Illusory Slaughter as Lone Slaughter was still on cooldown.

But Noah, on the other hand, didn't give a damn about the attack which was coming down on him from behind as he stepped aside a little, turned around, and viciously punched Matt as he without any hesitation sacrificed his left hand and struck Matt with full power.

Matt was stunned. He thought Noah will block, dodge or parry the attack. But he never thought he will sacrifice his hand just to kill him. 

Both of their attacks hit each other as they both flew in the opposite direction.

The moment the attack hit Matt, he felt his vision blurring. It was so painful that he was now grunting. 

Oliver was even worse. His paw was ripped, and blood was pouring continuously. Even his body's extraordinary regeneration wasn't working.

The wound, which should've started healing the moment it ripped open, wasn't showing even the slightest budge.

Bleeding: All the wounds inflicted by the weapon will slow down the enemy's body regeneration rate by 5x.

Matt blades had two passive skills, and one of them was bleeding, which was now showing its amazing capabilities.

If this attack was dealt with by someone else, then Oliver wound would've healed within a second or two, but now the same can't be said.

But both of them didn’t care about these trifling wounds and again attacked.

Both of their attacks were vicious, carrying immense bloodlust, striking each other, dealing as much damage as they could, trading blows with blows.

And within 3 seconds, they traded more than 50 attacks.

Now, both of them were exhausted.

If Matt attacked Noah blocked, Noah attacked Matt blocked.

Wounds were appearing all over their bodies, but this stalemate soon broke, when Noah realized all the accumulating wounds on his body were worsening, and his body was bleeding like hell.

Matt knew this was the chance. Although his own body was in a worsened state, he couldn't let this chance pass by.

Noah and Matt looked at each other, and both had the same thought. They have to finish this fight in one move.

Noah's paw flickered as pitch-black light glistened on his long vicious nails. 

Matt also raised his blade as the red bloody wind started pouring out of it. 

And they both moved. 

Their speed was so fast that without realizing both of them crossed each other.

Silence Descended.

And with a thud, both of them fell.

Blood splatter like a shower.

Matt looked at his left hand that was now fallen on the ground.

At the last moment when they were passing each other, he blinked, changed his position, came from beneath, and hacked his blade from downward to upward.

Although he hacked Noah in two halves, his nails that were glistening in light were like a laser, and before he even knew it, his hand severed from his body.

If at the right time he hadn't changed his position, then the one dying would be him instead of Noah.

But the end result matters, and he lived.

He survived.

He won.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!” 

But before he could even relax, he heard Lucy's heart-wrenching scream and what he saw next made him cry in despair.

 

2