Chapter 03: Configuration
1.6k 9 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Configuration

Miho finally started to regain consciousness, albeit really slowly.

[Host, host are you alright?]

Trying to reply to the disembodied voice in her head, Miho could only release a groan. Her throat felt dry and itchy, like it had never been used before. She tried to speak but only strange sounds could be produced as if she was learning how to talk for the first time.

[Well, what do you know? That was an unforeseen side effect.]

Miho glared at Fae, at least what she thought would count as a mental glare. Deciding to ignore her speech problem for now, She propped her upper body up using her arms, lifting herself from the filth and grime that she didn't know when it surrounded her. Her sense of smell immediately kicked in at this crucial moment and she was almost knocked out by the horrible smell. It smelled as if someone had mixed all the planet's sewage and dumped them on her body.

Crawling and clawing her way out from the black? oozing mess, she made her way towards the tub. Luckily there was no one else around cause if they were, they would see this scene that was straight out of a horror movie.

Not knowing how she ended up in the bath tub, Miho grabbed the shower head and began to wash what could only be called, 'something worse than shit' off her body.

(What the hell is this black disgusting sludge Fae?! And why can't I speak?!!)(Miho)

Miho yelled in her head.

[Calm down Miho, although there are some unexpected results, but this turned out better than anticipated. Firstly, the black smelly goo you speak off is all the dirt, grime and toxins expelled from your body by the purification pill. And you temporarily can't speak because of the effects of the body tempering pill. Your body was remodeled on a molecular level down to your bones. Congratulations, you've been made anew, albeit not perfect, yet. At least until we can buy the higher grade body tempering pills from the shop.]

(How long will I be unable to talk?)(Miho)

[A day, maybe two... or four... weeks. It doesn't really matter, you were antisocial in the first place, weren't you? So nobody should approach you to engage in a conversation. And if they did, you could always give them the cold shoulder like you always do.]

Miho couldn't help but sigh. Surely, Fae couldn't have forgotten that she had to meet the client that issued the task of subduing the chimera by tomorrow, right?

(Then how am I supposed to meet with the employer tomorrow?) Miho groaned as she finished washing herself over and over again till she mentally deemed herself clean. She scurried her way out of the now stinking bathroom as if she would pass out from inhaling the smell of the grime if she stayed a second longer.

She got to her room and grabbed an unused towel and began to dry off.

[Wait, how could I not think of that?]

Miho only rolled her eyes as she got into her pyjamas and sat on the bed. She brought out her communication device and sent a message, "Fair Haven, 6:00 bring the credits." After the message, she turned off the communication device and went to sleep. Surprisingly, she didn't have her usual nightmares at all. Just a dream of her touring through space in her spaceship. And cute little alien pets. Weird, right?

Unconsciously, she smiled mischievously in her sleep before snuggling deeper into the quilt.




Author's Note

It's a bird, it's a plane...no, it's... Not Superman. It's...a NEW CHAPTER!!!

60