Chapter 19
386 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19

"We have four thousand credits from booth number 10!" Zi El announced in an attempt to invigorate the crowd. "Do I see five thousand in the audience? Four thousand going once, going twice…"

"Five thousand credits!" The displayed attendant from booth 12 on the LED screen; it was Bill Rosen's booth.

Immediately after, the LED screen of booth 10 displayed a row of figures.

Ten thousand 

Exactly double of Bill Rosen's bid, this was a clear provocation.

"Who dares?!" Bill Rosen exclaimed as he slammed his hand down on the armrest, the layers of fats on his body jiggled around before coming to rest. "Get me the info about who's in booth 10 immediately!"

The attendant from the Rosen family immediately went out and called one of the auction staff in.

"Who's the one in charge?! Call him for me!"

Knowing the family behind this man the staff member wasted no time and dialed his superior's number.

"Ten thousand going once, ten thousand going twice…" the voice of Zi El could be heard from the speakers.

"God damnit can someone put a bid in for me?! Or do I have to do even that myself?!" Bill yells exasperation.

His attendant immediately went and operated the terminal.

"Twelve thousand from booth number 12! Can I get something higher?!" Zi El exclaimed as she felt exhilarated. 

No one could blame her for feeling pretty good right about now though, not everyday you get to see your promotion in the bag.

Although something feels off about the way the occupant of booth 10 was openly challenging the Rosen family in booth 12, but what does she care? She finally gets to not only auction off this cursed item that has been giving her an eery feeling just from standing closer to it, but she also seemed to have sold it for quite the high price too. 

(Goodbye four person employee apartment, and hello dome scraper, top level villa with ultra internet speed)(Zi El)

Little did she know that her dream life as she knew it was about to completely crumble down.

Here's another quick chapter. Remember to click the ❤️ icon at the beginning of the chapter if you liked it and follow me for first hand updates on the release status of my novels. Thanks again for reading.

16