Chapter15- exchanging pointers 2
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
there are possibly many spelling mistakes in this chapter. Sorry for that. I will correct them sometime later

While talking with the blacksmith, Du Ren was 'listening' to his cultivation.

Listening, was an ability that he obtained because of his 'sound talent'. The hidden waves technics could treat some waves in the body by passing through the channels, while the recently learned skill could help him listen to these waves.

The synergies between these two technics helped Du Ren to create an image of his internal circulation in his mind.

It was the reason for his recent quick progress, while the other could only, slowly and blindly guide the essence through the channel, he could manipulate it because he knew how they looked like in real-time. Everyone was different, even the most exact martial manual could not easily pinpoint these passageways and their characteristics.

Du Ren was still immersed in that sensation when Gu Bu started to talk.

" it seems like you have found yourselves pretty good hidden techniques?" Gu Bu asked.

Surprised, Du Ren did not answer.

" for us martial artists, hidden technics are necessary.

No one can reach the later stages of body tempering without using hidden technics.

Those with hidden technics can improve faster than those without one." Gu Bu Continued.

"Why are you saying all of this?" Du Ren asked suspiciously. He was rather confused about the meaning behind the man's words.

" I know that you possess hidden technics, An amazing one at that. You are even luckier because your hidden technic seems to go well with you.

There are two kinds of hidden technics. The first one is the most common because they can be brought with money. They are the most used by rogues martial artists.

The other one is the secret skills of martial artist families."

At that moment, Du Ren felt threatening. He was not far away from the other man and according to the third rule he abided by in his life, he was going to attack at any moment.

It could be said that the result of Lan Xi's education was terrifying. Or was it just the influence of this new world?

Seeing the young boy baring his teeth, Gu Bu did not stop.

" from the way you react, I know that are using the later kind of techniques. But do you know that there are problems with them?" Gu bu asked once more.

" what do you mean?" Du Ren became even more confused.

"Different hidden technics require a different number of channels open in the body.

There were many people, who luckily found hidden technics from martial artist families. They consumed channel opening medicines and opened the required number of channels. Only to later find themselves with strange afflictions and unable to reach the later stage of the body tempering realm. Some of them were became crippled.

It is theorized, that, martial artist families designed, their hidden technics in that way so that they could only be used with special medicine produced by their clan.

The thing that martial artist families guard the most ferociously is not their hidden skills but the recipe of that secret medicine.

It is the reason why many martial artists refuse to use these technics. You will progress faster but you will also lose your freedom by working for those families for many years, or you will just lose your life" Gu Bu finally explained.

" you are certainly close to reaching the fourth level of the body tempering realm.

The first stage tampering with the flesh.

The second tempering the bone.

The third, tempering the blood.

'The fourth level, tempering the channels' is in a completely different league. To reach it, you will need to use a channel-opening medicine.

It will have an adverse effect later if it is not the appropriate secret medicine"Gu Bu patiently explained.

" Why did you go out of your way to explain all of this to me?" Du Ren asked shocked.

" you are talented and I hope that you will survive. There is also the fact that I was passing. After all, I need to give you your reward after losing our bet. Did you already forget about that?" Saying this he stood up and opened his bag before picking something out of it. It was a strange But familiar silver mask.

After that, they did not exchange much pleasantly and Gu Bu left. Since his victory against him, Du Ren knew that he was not an ordinary person. But it seemed like he has still underestimated him.

Du Ren was confused.

Was the man saying the truth?

And if it were the case will he chose to live free but weaker than the people from martial families or will he submit to reach the summit.

" what I'm thinking? I am almost someone from the Du clan. I could just use their technic. But I will need to wait until I am twelve years old before going there.

In the meantime, I will not be able to break through because the subsequent technics you use needed to be atunned with the technic you used to temper your channel, or your channels will implode. It is common knowledge.

Du Ren kept thinking. But he had another question in mind since when are the people of the martial world so kind and honest?

Did he misjudge them?⌛

1