Chapter 20. Explanation
1.4k 7 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I chuckled defeatedly as I stared at the cover. “I bonded to a Necronomicon…” I chuckled some more as I stared at the writings. I had a sudden splitting headache. I held my head with my paws, as I groaned from the pain. I felt the connection between the book and I strengthened. With that happening I felt my mind was being stuffed full of information. I breathed heavily and stared into nothingness as nothingness stared back. Each time I would shout something I would take a deep breath before going to the next sliver of truth beyond the veil that was opened to me.

 

“Death is all around us!” I screamed as I felt everything in my Aura range slowly degrading. Everything was always decaying. There was no stop to it. “We only outrun the inevitable!” I could feel the Aura’s of random people in the castle. Their bodies kept turning into dust, but could heal faster than Anubis could claim their souls. “We all slowly fade! Like breath on a mirror!... Tears in the rain!... Dust in the wind!... I can see it all! Everywhere! Everything is constantly turning to dust!”

 

I fell down on the bed in exhaustion as all of the girls were staring in horror at what I was describing. I was horrified at myself. I was breathing heavily as I felt all around at everything degrading ever so slowly. I was used to burning bright flames of life. Feeling the exact opposite was traumatic, just shoving in my face the inevitability of death. I held my head in my paws again. “What’s happening to me…” I said in an almost whisper of fear.

 

The room was silent as nobody knew what to do or say. I was still trying to calm myself from my panic attack. I was shivering while holding myself, until Robin enveloped me in her arms again. When she did that I could focus on her feelings of fear, but I somehow knew it came from fear of my condition. Feeling her hugging me, helped calm me down and ease my breathing. I rested my head on her shoulder as she kept me in her arms.

 

I felt comforted by Robin, and I could feel Robin was feeling better at me relaxing. It felt like she was reminding me that everything was degrading, but it would be a long time, and she was right here. “Thank you Robin.” I said with heartfelt gratitude in my voice. I could feel guilt rise up in her though. I then whispered in her ear so the others couldn’t hear. “It’s not your fault, and I would never blame you.” I rubbed her back after I was feeling better from sensing her embarrassment and happiness. I let go of Robin and could feel sadness emanating from her now.

 

I sighed at what I just made the girls witness. I held my head in my paw from embarrassment while talking. “Sorry you all had to see that. I think I was just having a quick panic attack. I should be fine now.” 

It was then I could feel Vivi’s emotions turn to anger. “You are the furthest thing from ok! I need to take you to Chopper and have him look at you!” I was then dragged to Chopper's room by Vivi and Robin, with Nami following behind. I was surprised that Robin had already gotten kinda close to Vivi. But they never talked, aside from Robin messing with Vivi that is. However, I could feel their emotions seemed almost linked now. It didn’t take long for us to get to Chopper’s room. “Chopper! We need your help!” Vivi banged on his door as she yelled to get his attention. ‘This is a princess right?’

 

We all heard quick stirring behind the door. After a bit, the door slammed open with a panting Chopper behind it. “What’s wrong? Is anyone injured!?” Vivi and Robin then dragged me past Chopper, and into his room. “It’s Calvin. He has been sick because of this thing!” Vivi spoke with rage in her voice she wasn’t even trying to hide. I was still holding on to the book from all of the Aura still linked between us.

 

Chopper got really concerned as he started checking me out. Vivi and Robin waited in earnest while Nami was still shocked at everything that had been happening for the past 10 minutes. Chopper tried to take away my book, but it wouldn’t budge. “Calvin, let go.” I shook my paw, but it was still stuck on good. “Sorry Chopper. Our Auras are still connected. I can’t get it off.” This got everyone's attention in the room. I had already mentioned Aura at least once before, but they still didn’t have a good idea of what it was.

 

I could feel the curiosity take over the room. I sighed a bit before talking to them about it more. ‘They should know. This is something that might help them too, and will help let them know I am ok now. All I have to do is try to avoid getting bogged down in the idea of how everything is constantly dying, and I can…’ I started to take deep shaky breaths to help calm myself. ‘Bad idea to get lost into that thought process.’ I shook my thoughts away, and focused on the burning emotions from all of my friends. I took another calming deep breath before talking.

 

“Aura is like life energy. It burns within all of us. My species is just especially able to feel and read Auras.” I continued on with how I sense others, how my moves work, why Crocodile thought I used Haki. “I honestly don’t know if they are different or are the same.” It was then Nami spoke up. “Can others read emotions like you?” It was then that Robin felt extra anxious and surprised. I looked at her as she stared at me with her eyes widened a bit.

 

I shrugged at Nami. “I’m the only one of my kind. I’ve never heard of a Haki user feeling emotions though.” It was at that point I looked back over to Robin and gave her a knowing, but also calming smile. I felt her emotions going even more turbulent now.

 

I then glanced at the book in my paw. “But now, I accidently melded my Aura with this book’s.” This caught everyone's attention back to the book at this point. “The book has an Aura?” Vivi spoke in concern to me. I nodded while sighing at how strange all this was. “Yea, but it's a different kind of Aura. The Aura of everything is unique to their personality, but they are all the same with how they are made from life. This Aura is made from death.” I got chills just feeling it again.

53