Chapter 22.
1.3k 6 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at the book that Robin was holding. I quickly grabbed it away from her and opened it up for myself to see. I looked inside the book, and saw that the first chapter was mostly about the book. “Chapter 1, so you have the book of the dead?” I scoffed at the wording of it. “What’s it gonna say next? ‘Thank you, and congratulations for now owning your own copy of a book of the dead’?” I shook my head and kept reading.

 

As I was reading I saw that this chapter did talk about the book, but also what the book was made of. “I see… No wonder it would hurt my Aura… This is less than attached… This is melded.” I checked my own Aura to see that it had changed. I never noticed before, from the lack of checking my own Aura for changes. Aura only changes with your personality, there was no way it would change dramatically in less than a week, but yet it has. I could see the Aura of death swirling around with my own natural Aura.

 

My Aura had mixed itself with the death Aura from the book, and now something new was made. Like Yin and Yang, so too life and death were swirling inside me with balance. I felt the death Aura, and I could feel how death was only the next step for life to be reborn. I could feel the Aura almost talking, or sending me emotions to speak, but altogether I couldn’t understand how I knew more about death and rebirth. I opened my eyes with a smile.

 

The girls noticed my smile and were confused. To them, it was bad news that I could die. Hurting my soul or Aura would come at a heavy cost. I then knew something instinctively. The book was comprised of death Aura that had now taken its rightful place in me. While holding to the book I wanted to test if my instincts were right. I closed my eyes and focused, feeling out the connection between me and the book.

 

I felt around and noticed that the book was only death Aura that had shaped itself into this book, so it stands to reason that I could move the Aura back into me. I took a deep breath and collected the Aura back into me. I opened my eyes to see the book was gone. I smiled again and nodded. “Cool…” I said under my breath, I was about to bring it out again until Vivi yelled at me. “Calvin! What are you doing!?”

 

I was startled and forgot that the girls were around watching me do this. I chuckled a bit from my own lack of attention span and explained to calm them down. I could feel confusion and anxiety almost oozing out of them all. “Well, this book is comprised of Aura. That Aura is a part of me now, so that means I can call out the book or change it back into my Aura.”

 

The girls were feeling conflicted to say the least, I had a hard time knowing what they were feeling with how many different emotions were flying about. I focused again, and moved the death Aura to create the book again. It was strange, creating life from death, but now I felt more ok with the idea now. Death and rebirth was just the way that we all existed. I made the book and opened it up again. Everything seemed to be the same and I chuckled.

 

“Perfect…” I closed the book loudly as I looked back at the girls. They were all just staring at me now. I could feel their shock at what they were seeing so I tilted my head in confusion. “What’s wrong?” It was then that Vivi held out her hand and grabbed a piece of my fur. But it was elongated, and looked off. I stared at it, and saw that the fur around my neck seemed to change. It had grown, and looked like a scarf made from linen bandages. I felt around with my paw, and saw that the scarf of fur seemed to flow behind me to about half of my height. 

 

I then could feel how the Aura of death could flow inside it easier than my normal Aura. I let Vivi touch more of my fur before I would try to put the death Aura inside it though. When she did touch my fur I could hardly feel anything with the parts that were made into a linen scarf, but whenever Vivi would accidentally brush up against my normal fur. It felt good. I couldn’t stop myself from smiling, and subconsciously pushed my head deeper into her hand.

 

After a few seconds I noticed what I was doing from feeling Vivi’s emotions of happiness and a few other things that were close, but I didn’t know exactly. I quickly pulled my head away in shame and embarrassment. I was blushing furiously from what I just did. I quickly shook my head to try and stop from thinking back to how good her hands felt running themselves through my fur. “I have to go!” I quickly ran away after yelling out a terrible excuse, and went back to my room.

56