Chapter 29. Escaping The Navy!
976 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We all made our way out the windows of the castle, and made our way stealthy out of the kingdom to the water. “Wait… Where is our ship again?” I asked Nami as we were making our way through the empty stalls, lit by candle light. She looked at me in confusion for a second before remembering I wasn’t with them for a while, and was out of the loop on that. “Well, after we kidnapped Mr.2, Luffy, Chopper, and Usopp still bonded with him, and became friends.” I scoffed while looking at the smiling Chopper running right beside me. 

 

“We left him to take care of our ship, and sail near the kingdom before he would keep watch until we came back.” I felt there was some more to that story, because it couldn’t be that simple, but he was similar to Luffy so… I accepted it. We all kept running out of the city, and ran through the desert to a lesser traveled area where the going merry. “Hey!!! We made it!!!” Luffy screamed with his goofy smile as we made it to the merry. I then saw Mr.2, smiling and waving at his friends returning as well. “Hello, my friends!!” I chuckled a bit at this scene as I could feel Robin’s happiness at this scene as well.

 

We made our way to the merry, and I then noticed there was another ship full of Mr.2’s crew nearby. I didn’t notice them with my Aura sensing earlier, was again, from my own lack of training. I was still only noticing things if they had ill-will of any kind, unless I was really focusing. I kicked myself a bit for still making mistakes, as we all climbed aboard. “It’s good to see my friends again!” Mr.2 yelled with a happy smile as Luffy, Usopp and him began to dance together.

Both Robin and I chuckled at the sight as Sanji, Nami, and Zoro were checking the supplies to make sure we had all that we needed. Mr.2 then noticed me, and his smile faded. He stopped dancing and came over to me. I could feel his emotions of slight displeasure, and agnst. I took off my hood, lowered my scarf, and gave him a smile with a paw extended. “I’m glad Luffy found a good friend in you. I hope we can be friends as well.” Mr.2 began to smile as he grabbed me and started to have me dance with him, Luffy, and Usopp together.

 

I was awkward at that dancing, but Robin seemed to like it from the amount of happiness that was emanating off of her at the moment. After a bit more time catching up with Mr.2, it was time for us to set sail. “We should all go quickly! I heard from my crew that the Navy was looking for your ship before I moved it!” Mr.2 suddenly said, as if he just remembered himself. I scoffed a bit as Nami commanded us to move the sails around. As we were sailing off, we passed by Mr.2’s ship and had him jump between boats. “We will see you later!!” We all said goodbyes to the nice man in drag.

 

It was nice to make a friend. No matter how strange he might’ve been, he was still a good man. Mr.2’s boat sailed behind ours at a fair distance, but as morning came, we saw the Navy that had been sent to capture us. “Holy…” I gasped at the vast amount of Navy ships sailing towards us. I climbed from the crows nest as fast as I could to let everyone else know, but they were just as shocked as I was. “We gotta get out of here!!” I yelled to snap everyone out of their gawking states.

 

Nami yelled next. “Calvin’s right! We set sail to the West!! Back on our journey!!” Everyone cheered at getting back on track, and we all scrambled around to raise, and maneuver the sails. We went opposite directions from Mr.2’s ship as they headed East. The Navy was split between chasing both of our vessels, so we had half already taken care of thanks to our friend. We sailed on by the island with the Navy steadily catching up to us.

 

After they were in range they started shooting us with these giant rods. “Shoot cannonballs at us dammit!!!” Luffy screamed as he couldn’t bounce back these metal rods that kept getting scarily close to our hull. As they kept approaching us, and their aim was getting better I got an idea. I ran over to the starboard side of the ship where we were being fired at and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath to calm myself and my scarf began to shake a bit, almost like a rattlesnake, waiting to pounce.

 

I felt the next rod would hit the hull so I extended my scarf to grab it. Everyone froze at what I just did, but this was just the beginning. “Take your rods back!!!” I screamed as I used as much power as I could to throw the rod back at the attacking boat, and I was able to pierce its hull just under the water level. We watched as that ship slowed to a halt, and slowly sank. The crew onboard that ship would fix it given enough time, but they were dead in the water with how accurately I threw that metal rod.

 

I sighed from the amount of energy it took from me to do that. The rest of the crew cheered from my success. “Nice one Calvin!!” “Good thinking Calvin!” “Nice job!” “Can you do that again!?” That last one was Luffy wanting to see me be able to throw it back with my scarf again. I smiled at the feeling of being needed and appreciated from my friends. The rest of the Navy stopped bombarding us with rods though. They were quick, and didn’t want that to happen to their ship.

 

The Navy was content on just staying in range and calling for more reinforcements instead of risking their own ships at this moment. “They’re smart.” I said with gritted teeth. “Why do we care? They aren’t attacking us.” Luffy asked with a confused face. Zoro frowned while looking at the ships still on our tail. “That means they will just call in more ships to attack us all at once.” Everyone frowned at what that meant. “Anybody have any ideas?” Usopp asked weakly. 

 

I thought a bit, and my mind went over another famous pirate that I loved. I began to smile and giggle as my plan began to form. Everyone else wondered what I was thinking and leaned in closer to see what it could be.

44