Chapter 34. Journey to The Man of Dreams
1.3k 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a couple of hours that I laid inside the bed, trying to erase the thought of my own horrific actions to no avail. No amount of meditation, or reading could fix the feeling of dread that I felt for licking Robin. I could blame my new body, but that couldn’t get rid of the massive amount of guilt I had for sexually harassing her. I was too scared to feel for her Aura while she was gone, terrified of what she might be feeling of me.

 

The door suddenly banged open, and I jumped up with a start. I wasn’t checking the Aura’s and in my response, I found myself attached to the ceiling on instinct. I looked down to see what entered the room so hastily, and saw Chopper closing the door behind him, and using his defense point body to keep it shut. Banging could be heard from the other end of the door. “Chopper! Let me in! She’s coming!!” Chopper shook his head in fear, refusing to let the door open in fear of what might come through it.

 

I finally descended back onto the bed, feeling more calm. “What’s with you?” I asked with a small smirk of the shenanigans this crew goes through. Chopper shivered while the banging on the door ceased. “I- I mentioned Sky Island, and Nami went ballistic.” When he finished explaining, the door was kicked open, making Chopper roll to the other end of the room like a bowling ball. “Sky Island?” I felt Nami’s embarrassment and anger flare when she heard those words, making it clear to me that she was made fun of in the pub just like in the show.

 

I sighed while moving over to Chopper. After rolling around like that he had become dizzy after transforming back into his usual look. His eyes were swirling as his head slowly moved in a circle. “What are we gonna do now?” Chopper asked as he stood up, using me to lean on. “I’m not going back!” Nami yelled her protest, and was about to continue, but was stopped from Luffy’s yelling. “Guys! Come out here! We got a treasure map!” 

 

With those last few words, Nami’s eyes had transformed into belly’s as she rushed towards the deck. I took a breath, and felt the auras of everyone on the ship to check of what I was slightly afraid of. I bit my lip when I could feel the distinct aura of Robin heading inside. I felt the shame boil up as I felt her embarrassment, proving in my mind that I had licked her without a thought. I stood frozen beside Chopper as she made it to the door. She was still wearing the same clothes as when she left, but the rustling of shopping bags showcased she now had plenty of spares.

 

Robin looked inside and chuckled seeing Chopper still trying to gain his bearings, her feelings welled in happiness that hardly seemed to be shown on her face. Instead just her usual benign smile in its place. “I found a clue about Sky Island while shopping.” Just as she finished, I felt the boat rock from us moving. “Ah, looks like we are already going.” Robin smiled while moving to the girl’s room to deposit her clothes. Chopper, finally feeling better, took my hand, and pulled me towards the deck. “Let’s see what she found.”

 

Once we made it outside, I could feel the disgusting Aura’s lessen as we sailed, giving way to the sea breeze. “Hey! We found a treasure map!” Luffy yelled while showing it to Chopper and me. “It’s not a treasure map!” Nami yelled angrily while punching Luffy’s head. While Luffy was incapacitated for a bit Nami sighed while explaining. “It’s a map to find someone.” Chopper looked down disheartened to not find treasure almost as much as Nami while I looked over the map myself.

 

I saw the island that we were close to, and the X that showcased our destination. While checking from where we started from, I was wondering how long it might take to get there, but a loud annoying voice took my attention. “All divers return to the ship!” I looked over to see the monkey looking salvage captain. I used my scarf to cover my face since the rest of my body was covered using the hooded clothes from Alabasta I still wore. Knowing how people might react to how I looked, I made sure to keep clothes to help hide my animalistic body.

 

“Who is this guy?” Luffy asked while tilting his head. “He is the monkey captain we had a run in with earlier.” Sanji responded while rolling his eyes at this annoyance, taking a cigarette out preemptively. “Are we sure he isn’t a monkey?” Luffy asked while squinting at the other ship. “I’m human!!” He yelled back from his ship, his crew defending his looks, not that I cared. The conversation continued with me chuckling at the comedy routine, until the monkey captain started yelling into his microphone. The shrill noise hurt my ears from how loud it was.

 

I placed my paws over my ears to help, but it was still overwhelmingly loud. “Get us out of here!” Nami yelled, commanding everyone to start moving as pieces of our ship slowly started to fall apart. Everyone ran around, getting the ship to move in record time, despite how little Chopper or I could help due to the sound. After sailing away the sound stopped making me sigh in relief along with Chopper. “That hurt my ears…” He said, shaking his head to help stop the ringing.

An hour later all the guys and I were helping to repair parts of the damaged ship. “Man, she’s really taken a beating on this…” Usopp groaned while hammering the hull. “This boat turned to crap in one day. Should we just get a new one?” Zoro asked while reinforcing the mast. “Like hell!” Usopp yelled back in anger. I could feel his anger but also a hint of grief and worry in his Aura. I knew where this would be going, and felt there must be some way I could help. “Ow!!” I yelled after hammering on my paw. I placed the injured area in my mouth to help dull the pain. ‘It’s hard to hold nails without opposable thumbs, even with Aura…’

 

I sighed, pondering what to do about this ship, but a sudden arm appeared beside me, holding the nail in place for me. I smiled and glanced over at Robin laying back in her chair, almost as if she never noticed me. I was glad that she wasn’t acting awkwardly like I was, helping me move past the incident. I hammered the nail, and then placed my paw on her hand to move it out of the way. 

 

Robin’s embarrassment flared as she turned a page in her book to hide her emotions. I smiled wider before driving the nail fully into the deck. “Woah!! That’s so cool!!” Luffy yelled while pointing straight ahead. I turned my head, and saw what looked to be a massive castle looking straight from a fairy tail. Everyone was varying degrees of impressed as we sailed closer and eventually docked on shore. However it all immediately turned into disappointment when Luffy walked over. “It’s just a board!?”

 

I chuckled at how well it fooled everyone as we tied all the sails on the ship, and climbed up to the crows nest, taking in the sea breeze once again while meditating. ‘I have some time before things happen, it would be best to not scare the old man with my face anyway.’ I sighed and shook away my thoughts, wanting to focus on my Aura instead. I took a deep breath and pushed some of my Aura towards my tail. It wasn’t challenging to move it there, however I still had problems with hardening it. I bit my lip while condensing the Aura in my tail, hoping that I might make some progress.

 

I continued to meditate, until yelling could be heard from the house, snapping me from my concentration. I opened my eyes, and saw Robin casually sitting in front of me, enjoying the calming feeling up here. Looking at Robin and feeling her contentment for just resting up here made me sigh. “I guess I can’t force it.” I shook my head slowly, not wanting to train and ignore Robin right beside me. She glanced over at me, the gentle breeze catching a few strands of her black hair, tickling her face. She chuckled a bit while readjusting her hair back inside her hat. I stared at her with my mouth agape from her beauty. The image of that true smile would be remembered vividly for the rest of my life.

36