Chapter 4 — Sick
315 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  • Side: Toru Nakamura

I ran home as quickly as I could, but I was drenched from the tips of my hair to the tips of my toes. My school bag was waterproof, so the contents inside were dry.

I didn’t bother to look if Sakura came back safely or not. It doesn’t matter. I laid myself down on the ground, my body was heavy with water, and my hair wasn’t any better.

I closed my eyes and drifted off asleep.

The next day I woke up, I was still laying on the ground, my clothes and hair were dry overnight. But my head was heavy for some reason, and my throat was sore. The headache at the back of my head didn’t do me any good.

“Cough...sniff.”

I coughed and sniffed my runny nose, fixed my collar and packed up my school bag, preparing to head out for school. I was a bit late already, and could only arrive just in time if I head out at this hour.

“Ah…”

The door next to my flat opened as well. The beautiful Shizuka Tsukihara went out of her flat just in time to notice me. She was holding the umbrella I lent her yesterday. Probably to return it at school.

“Are...you okay?”

She looked at me with worried eyes. I nodded my head, as I didn’t feel the need to talk with my sore throat. I snatched the umbrella from her hand and put it in my bag, walking away at the same time.

I knew for the fact that I had indeed caught a cold.

“Cough...cough…”

“Wow, dude. You caught a cold?”

Eiji turned as I started coughing, my eyesight blurred a little, and the image of him turned into an unfamiliar blonde guy, but I knew it was Eiji nonetheless.

“Hmph? Maybe...achoo!”

“You definitely caught a cold, try staying home today…”

“Sniff...no, perfect attendance.”

“You’re worrying about that now?!”

Eiji looked as if he was trying to choose and laugh at me or worry about me. I shook my head, indicating that it was just a small cold.

“How did you catch a cold? You had an umbrella, right?”

“I...lent it to someone.”

“Eh? Who?”

He was now somewhat curious about what happened instead of worrying for his friend. I felt somewhat annoyed.

“A classmate...cough.”

“Oooookay.”

“Nakamura-kun, are you alright?”

Maki arrived at the seat next to Eiji and questioned.

“Yeah, probably...sniff.”

“No you’re not alrig-.”

“Class, sit down now.”

The teacher strolled in and began the classes. That’s bad, my mind has gone blank.

“Nakamura-kun, are you alright?”

I could hear the teacher calling out my name, but I was too sick to even hear what she had said. Eiji suddenly shouted.

“Toru!”

My chair flipped over to one side and I collapsed on the floor, clutching my chest at the same moment, I am having trouble breathing.

“Quick! Send him to the infirmary!”

The last thing I saw was Eiji supporting me up, and a few students volunteering to accompany me to the infirmary.

.

  • Side: Shizuka Tsukihara 

I had known that Toru was sick the moment I saw him outside his flat, but he seemed fine with the way he’s acting, so I hadn’t put much thought into it.

Because, I’m almost late. Sorry, it was a bad habit of mine.

I took the bus and arrived just in time.

Toru was talking to his friends. I was sitting far away, so I didn’t know how he’s doing.

“Hey, Shizuka-san, who are you looking at?”

The class president, who was also the star of the highest caste— Rei Katamura, questioned. He had followed me ever since the day I had arrived at school, but I bear no interest in him. To me, he was just another plain person.

He wasn’t as good looking as Toru, I thought.

Gah! What am I thinking?!

I replied with a smile.

“It’s nothing.”

With that, I managed to shoo him away and continued reading my textbook, as tests were coming tomorrow.

Thump!

“Toru!”

I looked over at the place where Toru was sitting, but he was nowhere to be found. Eiji Haru got out of his chair and helped his best friend up, who had his eyes closed and was breathing heavily.

I clamped my hands over my mouth as the classmates in the classroom gasped. Eiji then took him to the infirmary.

I fussed over the incident during class and couldn’t concentrate.

“Nakamura-kun has a cold and slight pneumonia, he will be better within two days, please don’t worry about it.”

A few classmates snickered. Including Katamura.

“As if we would care about that loser.”

I felt the urge to beat the crap out of him, but stopped at the last second.

Calm down, Shizuka. This is a public place.

With a blink of an eye, it was already lunch time.

I couldn’t help but worry about Toru, so I quickly finished my lunch and headed towards the infirmary, excusing myself on the way.

He got sick because of me, so it’s just a need to check whether he’s alright.

With that in mind, I stepped inside the infirmary in search of my sick ex-boyfriend.

.

Sorry if this chapter was a bit short.

.

I don’t know whether I should scold or praise him anymore…

I will post one chapter on normal days. Two or three on Sundays, and five on special days. Just saying.

6