Chapter 7 — Amnesia
287 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
  • Side: Toru Nakamura

The next day I woke up, I was as fresh as I could be. I had a nice dinner, a nice sleep and a nice breakfast. Then I opened the door and found my ex-girlfriend — Shizuka Tsukihara coming out of her flat today as well. So much for the fresh morning.

“Morning, Tsukihara-san.”

“...Morning...cough...Nakamura-san.”

“Um, are you alright?”

Normally, I wouldn’t care about her, but for how she had cared for me the other day, I decided to be nice to her, even if it’s just for one time.

“Cough...yes, nothing to worry about...cough…”

“You’re definitely not alright.”

“See you at school, we have tests today.”

“...”

With that, she started down the elevator, leaving me alone in front of her flat.

.

“You looked a lot better now, Toru.”

“Thanks. Though I had only got to revise this morning.”

“You’ll do fine. And I shall kick back and enjoy this moment of freedom.”

I arrived at school and began reading my textbooks. Shizuka was doing the same thing, she had glasses on, giving off an ‘onee-san’ aura. The boys stared at her more than usual. 

She didn’t look any better than when he had bumped into her on the way to school, in fact, it looked worse. But I didn’t care much, because tests were starting.

After a few sessions of tests…

“I’m bummed!!!!”

Mika shouted as she leaned towards Eiji, who patted her head and calmed her down.

“I left a few questions empty, maybe enough for a passing mark.”

“I doubt you’ll pass.”

“Have some faith in me, will you, Toru?”

“Snort…hardly.”

I ignored his protests, the far end of the classroom was as noisy as usual. People surrounded Shizuka, who was looking weaker and weaker by the second, but nobody seemed to notice. Again, my conscience wouldn’t allow me to ignore someone in need.

I strolled over there and grabbed Shizuka by the wrist, everyone fell silent and their eyes turned to me. Shizuka looked up at me and looked shocked.

“Tsukihara-san’s feeling unwell, I’ll take her to the infirmary.”

“Hey wait…”

I dragged her out of the classroom as everyone tried to protest and stop me. But I was on a roll, I skilfully dodged their attempts to grab my shirt, they finally left me alone as I entered the infirmary with Shizuka. 

I could feel their eyes burning a hole in my head.

The nurse was nowhere to be found, as it was probably lunch break for her.

I set her on a bed and decided to look for medicines that cure colds. I felt a tug on my shirt behind me as Shizuka grabbed it.

“Hmmm…”

“Wait here, I’ll find some medicine.”

I forcefully took off her hand, but she wouldn’t budge.

“Naka-baka, stay with me.”

I frozed. That nickname was called by her back when we were dating, a joke from Shizuka. I thought it was cute at that time.

“Huh? Are you alright, Tsukihara-san?”

“Why are you calling me by my last name?”

Her face was red, and I wasn’t sure if it was from the fever or from shame. She kept tugging at my shirt, preventing me from getting away. Something was definitely off.

“Um, I always called you that?”

“No, you always called me Shi-chan, by the way, where are we now?”

“The school infirmary? You’ve been here before, right?”

I said as Shizuka scanned the surroundings. She had come visit me when I was sick, so she should know that this was the infirmary. Unless…

“Tsukiha-...Shi-chan, who am I to you?”

“You’re...my boyfriend?”

I knew it. She had amnesia. Again. This has happened before, and it was an embarrassing situation. As I was hugging her when she fell sick, and thought I was assaulting her as we weren’t a couple yet.

Suddenly, Shizuka wrapped her arms on my waist as she closed in on me. I failed to react, and ended up collapsing on her, our bodies literally touching the other. I could feel my face turn red with embarrassment, but Shizuka didn’t seem to mind, rather, she was more worried about me.

“Are you all right, Toru?”

“...yes, please let go of me first, I’ll go find medicine for you.”

Shizuka let go of my waist and watched me as I searched the infirmary for medicine. 

“Rare patients, I see.”

“Eh? Hina-san?”

The nurse stood by the doorframe, and watched us with confused eyes. Shizuka stared at the nurse’s big breasts and looked back at hers, seeming shocked to find them larger than she expected. Well, her body hasn't matured yet back when we were dating.

“Ah, Tsukihara-san seemed to have a cold, you see.”

“Hmm, let me check.”

She walked towards Shizuka and checked her throat with a light torch, she shrinked in embarrassment, which surprised the nurse.

“There’s also something wrong with her, isn’t it, Nakamura-kun?”

“Yes, she forgot some of her memories.”

“...I see, a short amnesia.”

“Yes…”

“You seem to know her well, Nakamura.”

“Ahhh…”

I sighed in embarrassment, Shizuka stared at me curiously, she was still in a daze, as she had a fever. She spoke, her voice tinged with a little jealousy.

“Nakamura-kun is my boyfriend…”

“Eh?”

“Wait! Shizuka!”

“Ooooooh.”

The nurse was seemingly interested in this. She fed her some medicine and left her on the bed, closing the curtains behind her.

“I’m somehow curious, Nakamura-kun.”

Her eyes were sparkling. Almost everyone in the school knew how much of a romance novel fan the nurse is, and she would spend most of her free time reading them in the library. 

She had free access to various places in the school, as her father was the principal.

“It’s nothing.”

“It’s definitely not nothing. Come’on tell me.”

She was absolutely not letting me go until I fulfilled her wishes, I can’t afford to miss classes. I sighed.

“She was my...ex girlfriend.”

I blurted out, earning a super surprised and confused look from the nurse.

.

Hmm…no romance yet. Bummer.


I don’t know why I want the school nurse to know about this, I really just want her to know about this...


4