Chapter 10 — Home Visit
279 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  • Side: Toru Nakamura

“Hey, Toru, mind if I go to your house today?”

“Oh oh, let me join in!”

Speaking to me was my childhood friend and my best friend — Akio Shin and Eiji Haru.

“...Why all of a sudden?”

I asked, perplexed. Eiji had gone to my house once, but it was the big house in the Central District, not the flat in my new apartment. Akio has gone to my family house as well.

“I want to see your new house.”

“Right right.”

Both of them were getting along just fine, considering their personalities, which were close. It was a wonder Mika fell for someone that was so similar to the one she hated.

Mika has gone home now. Leaving the three of us in the class, as I stayed behind to lend a few books from the library, I was surprised to see Akio and Eiji chatting away when I arrived back at the classroom to pack my school bag.

“No. I have studying to do.”

I made an excuse and rejected their proposal. The reason is simple, I don’t want them to know that me and Shizuka were now neighbours.

Although she rarely goes out of her flat unless it’s on weekends or school days, there is always a one in a million chance for them to meet.

Five minutes later…

“So, may I ask why you two buffoons are following me?”

Akio and Eiji walked behind me. Fans of Akio were flocking around us at an amazing speed, I was deaf just listening to the girls’ squeals, as both Eiji and Akio were handsome, I could understand that this was a sight for sore eyes among females.

“Walking to your house, of course. What do you expect?”

“I didn’t say that you’re allowed to come to my house.”

“This is an unexpected visit.”

“Except that this isn’t unexpected.”

Eiji added. 

You two would be perfect partners in crime.

We arrived at my flat a little while later. To get rid of the fans, Akio had to sign many autographs and satisfy them with his smiles and excuses.

“Ah, I’m worn out!”

“Please don’t lay on the sofa.”

“Woah, I almost tripped there.”

Both of them barged into my messy house, making it even messier at the same time. 

“Look at the clothes on the floor! How many times do you bathe a week?”

“Once every two days.”

I replied plainly. Earning surprised and disgusted looks from the latter.

“That...isn’t a normal way of living.”

“Agreed.”

Both of them nodded their heads in agreement. ‘Oh shut up, both of you.’ I countered.

“Ah, right. The reason why I came here was to invite you to attend the banquet. I’m sure you've received your invitation letter, no?”

“Yes, I did. But I’d rather not entangle myself in the old geezers’ meetings.”

“Eh…”

The Nakamura Corporation was one of the well known modelling and entertainment companies worldwide, and the one running it was Grey Nakamura, the head of the Nakamura family, as well as my father.

The last time I attended their banquets, people would start introducing their children, hoping to befriend me. 

Especially the ones with daughters, as they were influential figures in the Social Circle, they had every right to let me pick a fiancé from them.

“Tsukihara-san will be there too. The father of Shizuka, I mean.”

“Ah, no thanks. I don’t want my third leg broken.”

We had never introduced ourselves to each other’s parents, but I would totally feel guilty in front of him. 

Raden Tsukihara is the CEO of a link of clothing shops, and was named the ‘fashion king’, as he was the most famous fashion designer there is in Japan.

“Pfft!”

“Huh? Why?”

Eiji didn’t seem to catch on with our conversation, since he hadn’t known anything about our backgrounds.

“Didn’t you know? Toru and Shi-.”

Ding dong.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang as I was about to stop Akio from spouting what he wasn’t supposed to be telling. I opened the door to find Shizuka Tsukihara, who was holding a box.

I blocked the view from the living room, so both of them didn’t know who it was.

“Some leftovers. And keep your voice down, I could hear it a mile away.”

Since the day I caught a cold, Shizuka has been sending me dinner every day. I was grateful, and because of that, I was becoming more masculine.

“You don’t have to cook for me, you know.”

“Don’t misunderstand, I was merely repaying a favour, and these are leftovers.”

I doubted it, since there were still steam in the lunch box she had given me.

“See you tomorrow.”

Without waiting for my reply, she went back next door and slammed her front door close.

“Toru? Who was that?”

Eiji questioned as he noticed the lunch box in my hands.

“A...kind neighbour who likes cooking gave me some...leftovers.”

“Is it a girllll~?”

“Yes, a middle aged one at that.”

Sorry I lied, Shizuka. I could almost imagine what she would do to me when I stated her as a ‘middle aged woman’.

“So even middle aged ladies flock around you, huh?”

“What do you mean by that, Akio?”

“You look even better than me when your hair is combed back.”

I instinctively picked at my hair. Nah.

Opening the lunch box, I took a sniff and a sip of the warm miso soup, the latter were staring at me, or rather the bowl of ramen.

“I called us some ‘take out’ food. But it looks like you got your fill of tasty food.”

“...”

I didn’t reply to Eiji, and continued slurping away at the delicious noodles. After a while, the food arrived.

“That’s not fair, you got even tastier food.”

Eiji mumbles as he chews on his slice of pizza, Akio had the same expression. I rolled my eyes.

“Says someone who knows how to cook.”

“Eh? You do?”

Akio glances at him suspiciously, Eiji looks as if he was about to break out some cold sweat.

“Well, Mika likes someone who can cook.”

“Mika…”

Akio muttered, looking as if he was trying his best to remember who that was.

“Ah, that idol with pink hair?”

“Um, yes.”

Akio gave a satisfying smile as he finally remembered who that person was. Oi, this isn’t something you should be proud about.

“She looked as if she had a grudge on you.”

“Every idol does.”

“That’s...true.”

Akio shrugged at Eiji’s words. Akio rubbed the cheese off his fingers and continued talking with his mouth full.

“I don’t care either way, but I’m assigned the task of bringing you to the banquet, and to dress you up nicely. Eiji’s mother will be there as well.”

“Eiji’s mother? Ah, that well known makeup artist.”

“My mother forced me to go, I shall dress you up as well.”

“Wait, no. I didn’t agree to this.”

“Too late.”

They both took a seat on the sofa and talked about what clothes I should be wearing. I sighed and washed myself up in the bathtub, tomorrow is going to be a long day.

.

Becoming more like long-time acquaintances. Maybe.

4