11. Desires
2.4k 5 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Knights' face turned red after her words reached their ears. Before them was the unattainable flower they admired, but she also just happened to be their Young Master's fiancee.

 

The Knights left in a hurry feeling Rose's eyes. She was not angry, only disappointed that they would speak such words.

 

From the rumors, they heard that she came to the manor to refuse the engagement, but it appears that's wrong. For her to step up to those who badmouthed the Young Master... it was not what they expected.

 

Walking away, Rose did not turn around to check on their expressions. She said what was needed to be said and left it at that, a murder perse.

 

"Woah… that's hot," Theo mumbled.

 

"What was that, brother?"

 

"It's hot, I said… let us continue."

 

Levia smiled teasingly, 'Hohohohohohoho….' 

 

Theo did his best to suppress his laughter seeing the Knights snorting and scoffing earlier leave despondent. Though he could still see their lips moving, this time, no sound reached him.

 

But, Theo could clearly read their irritation and jealousy.

 

The Knights looked at Theo one last time as they were about to leave. They and he locked eyes, and instead of mouthing off anything, he just smirked at them and continued running.

 

For some reason, the Knights felt defeated.

 

[7:04 AM]

 

'Ding.' Theo whispered under his breath.

 

  • 25 laps (Completed)

 

"Okay, finish."

 

"Good work... water?" 

 

"Thank you, Rose." 

 

Rose then proceeded to wipe his face of sweat.

 

"AH! OLDER BROTHER, YOU ARE TRAINING AS WELL!?" A loud, energetic, and vibrant voice echoed from the Training Ground's entry. 

 

He held a bright smile, his eyes clear and devoid of any sly thoughts as though he had been born to be a beacon of light! His striking azure hair glowed with the wind while his azure eyes burned with intensity.

 

Tied to his body with a thick chain link was a black slab of stone twice his height. His every step rocked the ground.

 

The youngest of the triplets, Titus, walked towards Theo, "FINALLY, HAS BROTHER FINISHED TRAINING ALREADY!?"

 

"Only my warmups. My body is not in shape, you see."

 

"I SEE! THEN CAN BROTHER WAIT FOR ME! I SHALL FINISH MY WARMUPS AS WELL! I ONLY NEED TO JOG FOR A BIT! LET ME JOIN OLDER BROTHER AND SISTER IN THE MORNING TRAINING!" 

 

"Sure, but I might slow you down, though."

 

"YAY!"

 

Titus celebrated and then walked away with his arms swaying to and fro on the side. He cracked his neck and then got on the ground. His eyes glowed, and then, his legs burst with strength.

 

BOOM!

 

The earth caved and sent Titus flying forward. He retained his smile while gritting his teeth, running with such weight on his back.

 

'Oh, he screams Shounen Protagonist….'

 

Theo's eyes showed concern.

 

"Are you worried about Titus?" Levia stood next to Theo.

 

"A little… his training… seem more counterintuitive. He looks strong, but doing this can damage his muscles and impede his growth."

 

"…you are also keen in medical arts, now?"

 

Theo showed her a flushed expression, "I… want to dabble in healing arts… I want to create a potion for Mother Laura."

 

"I see."

 

"…and about Titus?"

 

"Ah, yeah." Livia cleared her throat, "His gift is special; I think he said it's called [Hellfire]; it's a strong flame that can incinerate everything. But because it's too strong, he needs a strong vessel to contain it and let out some steam off his body, or he will burn out. The Black Rock is something he brought home one day."

 

"…" Theo was speechless, 'He's a literal MC.'

 

"You don't seem too surprised."

 

"I am speechless." he let out a peal of awkward laughter, 'A [Regent Potion] can fix that easily this though. A Melphis Devil's Horn, Archangel Blood Spider's Eye, Serpentine Fang Flower… wait, the last two are Demi-God Class enemies… fair enough that they don't have them—wait, I haven't checked the races. I need to make a quick check after this one.'

 

Hellfire, though rare, wasn't that uncommon in his eyes. He had at least several lives possessing Hellfire, but unlike Titus, his flames at the time were black, 'Titus is still far from that state, but his hair should be ashen now. His screaming is a sign his flames entered awakening; he should be a little unstable now, but he's still keeping himself straight, but how? Hmm… sigh*, he has a hidden ability, doesn't he?'

 

"Theo, Titus is finishing his warmup; come on."

 

Theo received a training sword from Levia; he took a deep breath, "Okay~" he got ready for hell.

 

'Lungs, don't fail me now!'

 

====

 

Every single one of the Knights already packed their things to go patrol. Titus was already cleaning his slab of black rock; Levia was fidgeting as she stole glances from the stray cats and critters that wandered into the Training Grounds.

 

As for Theo, he just finished swinging the training sword thirty minutes after everyone else. Collapsed on the ground, Theo felt his body was burning and eaten by thousands of Devil Ants.

 

Finally, he swung the sword for the hundredth time. He felt weak, finding it hard even to lift his sword.

 

'Di... ding.' he made the sound.

 

  • 100 Squats (Completed)100 Push-ups (Completed)
  • 100 Sit-ups (Completed)
  • 250 Swords Swings (Completed)

 

He completed the basic training for an aspiring Knight. Theo almost fell but was caught by Rose, who helped him walk up to his room.

 

Before Theo left, Levia nodded in satisfaction, saying, "We'll do this again tomorrow, earlier; that way, we can open your pores. We'll force the magia into your system."

 

"…understood… Older Sister… sorry I can't clean up with the rest." 

 

"Don't worry about it. The three wanted to help."

 

From the side, Lyria and Lisa looked over at Theo and flexed their non-existent muscles while carrying the training swords, "We are helping~ (We are helping~)."

 

"ME TOO! LEAVE IT TO US! OLDER BROTHER!"

 

Theo laughed and thanked them with a nod.

 

"I leave him in your care, Sister Rose."

 

"Understood, Sister Levia. But, how about you? It doesn't appear you are planning to stop for the day."

 

"Hoho, I need to train the Drako Knights." Levi's eyes glowed a menacing crimson, "It seems like they forgot the word discipline—anyway, rest, for the time being, Theo. I'll let Mother Thalia know about the Spell Casting in the afternoon."

 

"Thank you, Older Sister." Theo painfully raised his hand.

 

"Yeah, yeah."

 

The couple left the training grounds with the sound of despair from the Drako Knights behind.

 

Rose did not mind Theo's appearance. She held him close by in fear of him falling over, not caring if it dirtied her dress.

 

"Lady Rose, the Master, sent us here to assist you in caring for the Young Master." maids arrived to assist her.

 

"Oh, is that so? Then, please draw him a bath before we get to his room. It would take a while for us to get there." Rose started and carried on.

Theo did not say anything. He was too tired to care and listen.

 

"…um, does the Young Lady not need us to carry the Young Master? You will get dirty carrying the Young Master who just finished training." 

 

"It is fine. I can change, but thank you for your concern. But, if you could, please draw him a bath." 

 

"Bu-"

 

"It is fine." Rose said ever so calmly to the maid, her smile never leaving her countenance, "Come now, Theo, just a little more."

 

Doing her responsibilities with meticulousness, Rose helped Theo throughout the process of him going to the bathroom. Theo disrobed, and the maids took his sweat-drenched clothes to wash.

 

Inside Theo's room, Rose alone sat on the bed. Her thoughts were at a loss, a deep sigh even escaping her. 

 

But as she did so, a shirt from the previous night caught under a pillow. Rose picked it up, staring at it for a good short while.

 

She made a decision.

 

"Do you need anything else, Theo?"

 

"Thank you, Rose, but I am fine," he answered from inside the bathroom.

 

"Then I shall be in my room if you need me."

 

"Okay, thank you."

 

Rose left for her room. 

 

Clack!

 

Locking the door to her room, Rose jumped into the bed with a shirt in hand, and her face flushed, breathing, uneven and heavy.

 

She looked at her pinky finger; the red light only she could see was becoming brighter.

 

So much more than the day before.

 

"I want to know more…." she whispered to herself as her body became hotter.

 

Thank you for reading...

...yeah, now a question you may or may not want to answer... why do you think is she staring at her left hand?

87