39. The Sole Reason Why She’s Alive
734 5 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Purple light cascaded together with violent lightning bolts rampaging all over the place.

 

Sneha could feel something leaving her as the Dragon pulled its tail back to Theo's eyes, 'Dammit, Dammit, DAMMIT! To think he'll make a pact with the Demon, I don't know what he did to force the Archduke, but I didn't think he'd go this far just to save the Blood Rose! Dammit, he's taking it from… me! I need to stop it!'

 

Sneha wailed in pain, but she didn't give up. She knew that if she let it go on, she would suffer even more, 'I have to cut the connection! I have to push him back!'

 

Sneha gritted her teeth, and until blood flowed from her mouth, she gave it her all, "GET.A.WAY.FROM.MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

She pushed her body to its absolute limit and, with much struggle, finally pulled her arm away from Theo's body, escaping his trap.

 

The connection was disrupted, and the Dragon's tail was severed from the body and dragged back to Theo's eyes. His body fell, staining the ground with his blood.

 

Sneha breathed deeply, trying to catch her breath. She tried calming her heart, but the gripping sensation on her chest never loosened no matter what she did.

 

The crawling sensation of life leaving her body etched a particular fear she never knew before.

 

"I thought you nothing but a waste of space in this world, but I guess I was wrong. You were weak, but you made a pact with a Demon for her sake. That alone is worthy of respect. If you weren't the vessel nor a Saint, you would've been accepted in the order. You may have been my enemy, but you're worthy of my respect." 

 

The triclops could not help but feel a little bit of respect for Theo. She knew it would be impossible for him to survive with his injury. 

 

His gamble did not pay off, and as for the Archduke, he lay on the ground, unconscious. Sneha picked him up and started walking away. She looked at the burning mansion and sensed all the life disappearing, 'Fighting the Blood Rose in this condition is too risky. I am almost out of aura and stamina, and my regeneration cannot keep up. I should be glad that the Archduke has been retrieved. I need to escape and repo—"

 

DOOM!

 

"Where… do you think… are you… going?" a course voice, like sandpaper, was grinding on a person's throat reached Sneha's ears.

 

It was at this moment that everything around Sneha abruptly changed. 

 

The air around her froze, and her body lost its ability to move.

 

It was not a spell; it was not a curse.

 

It was fear gripping not only her heart but her entire existence.

 

When she turned around, Theo was already on his feet. Despite his crooked posture, the fact was, Theo was standing.

 

His eyes radiated with insanity.

 

 

 

He was still bleeding, but somehow, he found strength that shouldn't exist.

 

[System Report: True Magic Cancelled at 47% before completion]

 

[Optimizing]

 

[Superior Regeneration (Tier 2) (has been Stolen and added to Extra Skills)]

 

Details: automatically increases the body's regenerative capabilities, and if provided enough Magia or any of the three powers and True Vitality.

 

Theo opened his mouth wide, and the mark of a dragon eating its tail appeared on his tongue.

 

The light of the demons raged, and then, the Magia was forcefully attracted to his body. 

 

Superior Regeneration 2nd Effect Activated: Drastically increases regenerative capabilities when supplemented with Magia and True Vitality (Lifespan).

 

Sneha could not believe her eyes, "That's impossible!" she clamored, watching the hole in his stomach slowly close.

 

Sneha... was more baffled, "That's… impossible. I cut the connection."

 

Everything that's happening before her went against everything she was taught!

 

"That's it… that's what I've been waiting for. That look on your face… the horror realizing you should've killed me…."

 

Theo responded by showing Sneha a blood-tainted smile. 

 

"It's... so… satisfying when the stupidest of plans… works like a fucking charm."

 

Theo was slumped because he could not get any of his overpowered abilities in his permanent body. He cursed at how inconvenient it was for him and its convenience for the world. The laws were against him; thus, he devised a system, but even it could not bypass the laws of the Prime Reality.

 

Theo was about to give up realizing this; however, he had an epiphany. 

 

'Then, instead of forcing the world to accept my power, I'll just gather power until I can change its laws. I'll create a System that evolves and meets my demands, has no limit, and use Fate's knowledge who watches over the Multiverse as the databank and crosscheck it with my own so it can optimize everything!'

 

[System Update]

 

System Update: Demonic Mark of Greed has met proper requirements.

 

Extra Skills —> World Weapon [True Magic Class]

 

World Weapons has been unlocked.

 

World Weapons: Skills that can be passed down to anyone given the requirements are met. They appear in the form of tattoos that are inscribed on the user's body.

 

True Magic — [True Magic] Demonic Mark of Greed (Tier 4) (Growth Type) (Abilities 2) (Acquired)

 

Detail: A True Magic born from the demonic mark of the Greed Demon Apophis after the mark was extracted and processed by the system holding Heruzen's knowledge.

 

(Growth Type: has the potential to grow stronger with its Originator [Apophis the Demon])

 

True Magic: despite its name, it is magic that comes from external sources. True Magic stems from the crystalized natural phenomenons and latches into a compatible host. It uses minimal magia to activate and has different requirements for activation. True Magic is a powerful tool that can turn the tide of a battle or even war when used correctly. However, True Magic requires a long rest time before its subsequent use. This cooldown can range from A day to a hundred years. They are extremely rare and scattered across the world.

 

[Abilities]

 

Skill Extraction: Activate the Mark on the target's temple and then look them in the eyes (Can be used every 120 Days). 

 

Greed's Appetite: Devour all the Magia around you and replenish Magia (Twice every 30 days - must both be used in the given period, or the cooldown will not reset - 1 Charge Remaining).

 

Of the two of them, Theo had a bloody shirt with a hole on the front and back, but as they looked at each other, Sneha was the one who was out of breath.

 

Sneha experienced an inexplicable might from the man she thought should've died with a shoulder tap as if the world had overturned.

 

The cascading fighting spirit surging from Theo filled the immediate area. It was dangerous, but Sneha was far from impressed, "It appears I underestimated you again, but even if you steal a part of my abilities, even if you can heal faster now, what does it matter? I felt your weakness when I struck you earlier; I know you cannot defeat me. So, in the end, this is nothing short of disappointment because you, Theo Sigurd, the Fate Saint, hold no real power! If you did, you would've already killed me."

 

The wind wailed with Sneha's proclamation. The fear that reared its ugly head was crushed under the heels of rationality, "It doesn't matter how many secret struggles you overcame. Without power, without aura, prana, or mana, in the end, you are but an ant before an elephant. Behind all that bravado, all you are is but a weakling meant to be destroyed. I will tear off that facade and take your head. It doesn't matter how much killing intent or bloodlust you have. "

 

Theo could feel it; the difference in power was immense. True to her words, Sneha could easily squash him like a bug under the heels of her cheap leather boots.

 

Yet, amidst the terror before him, Theo did not cower in fear. He opted not to run away; instead, he stood in absolute silence, listening to her prattle.

 

Theo decided to move his mouth only after Sneha comprehended that her intimidation did not work as intended, "Four ways, that's the number of ways I could kill you."

 

Sneha could not answer nor move. It was weird, it was clear she could summon a burst of strength and rip his head from his neck, yet her instincts screamed at her to first look and observe, 'He's got something up his sleeves. But he's not using it now... he's likely buying time. He led me on earlier, but this time... I won't be controlled. I'll kill him now!'

 

"Actually, it was originally 13, but the other nine required me to risk too much of my life, so I whittled it down to four, and even then, the risk wasn't in my favor. Most included me sacrificing a Core and doing some makeshift rituals to ensnare everyone. But now, it doesn't matter."

 

[World Weapon - Extraction - Optimization - Tier 2 and above Healing Attribute Skill]

 

[Report: Four of the Necessary Requirements Met, Access to First Seal given.]

 

[Report: First Seal Opened 15% Capacity — Tier 5 Life Ending (Opening)]

 

'…NOW!' The instant Sneha felt unnatural; the earth underneath her foot exploded; her aura burst out like a geyser. She moved quickly like a storm allowing nothing to get in the way. 

 

"Fire Titan Step!"

 

Her leg transformed into blazing flames that erupted from the depths of hell. Like a volcano erupting, the essence of the titans awakened. 

 

Flames covered her legs with a purple blaze from her heels to her knee. The titan's might showed itself to strike unto the beast that's awakening, 'It feels like my leg is about to snap, tsk, using this is taxing, but, right now, this Saint is too dangerous to be kept alive.'

 

While Theo was busy, before whatever plot he was buying time for could be realized, 'The Fate Saint must be killed!'

 

But a tiny shadow appeared between her and the Saint. The Archduke trapped in the body of a frail Woodland Floof came into contact with the Sneha's leg.

 

The frail body of the Woodland Floof should've caved upon impact, but, it didn't. It all happened too fast, but Sneha caught it all. The instance when her concentration broke in the split-second Apophis got in her peripheral vision, her power reduced by more than half.

 

The force virtually disappeared and what remained was sucked by Apophis. What remained of the Titan Flames turned to puff, "You can't get in the way of his awakening, little one."

 

Apophis looked her in the eyes and summoned an albeit smaller and weaker purple flames to face what's to come, "You can take him on after he's finished preparing himself." 

 

Sneha processed the tiny demon's words. She searched for reasons why an Archduke Demon would actively help the Fate Saint.

 

Earlier, she concluded that Theo may possibly control it, but now, it was changing. Whatever was happening, Sneha was at an impasse; should she listen to the Archduke or go and contin—Sneha resumed her movements.

 

'Shit, she's not stupid!' Apophis cursed inside his head.

 

Flames once again started, now from her fingertips to her elbows. Both her sleeves burnt off as she struck Apophis and blew it across the surrounding area.

 

Sneha growled, her smile long forever lost in a state of hyperactivity, 'The Archduke is an important piece, but he can be replaced. Killing the Fate Saint is far more important. I don't know what he's doing, but even I am hardly moving with suppressed emotions. He's far too dangerous.'

 

The flames on her left side disappeared, coalescing to a single point on his right palm. It swirled with great intensity; the purple flames whirled and howled and finally reached two inches away from Theo's unguarded face, "Die!"

 

He could see it coming for him. 

 

Even as it was approaching him, his blood bubbled.

 

It was too hot, too powerful, "Too slow."

 

BOOM!

 

A spiral of purple flames scorched the wind and burnt everything. However, it did not go off on its intended target.

 

A split second before its ignition Sneha saw a flash of blue light.

 

Theo grabbed her wrist and redirected the fire above.

 

His hair stood on its ends, and lightning sprouted from beneath his skin.

 

"It had been sooooooo~ Longggggggggggggg~."

 

Right before Sneha's eyes, the Fate Saint… was changing.

 

"I almost forgot this sensation on flesh and blood. I thought it would be a pain. It would be far better to start over, but no… this… feeling this sensation again… is too good."

 

The dancing lightning bolts that traced his skin with delicacy moved with life. Like little serpents, writhing, tightly hugging his body. His hair stood up to its end, lightning bolts flashing in and about.

 

He looked Sneha in the eyes, his grip on her wrist getting tighter, "This is where I fulfill my promise—"

 

The cloudless night sky now became everything but. The moon hid away from the horrors about to unfold. From beyond the clouds, lightning flashed, followed by the rumbling of thunder.

 

He spoke as a lightning bolt from the heavens came down upon the world and struck down Theo and Sneha.

 

[The Scourge of Storm has descened]

 

The beast's growl rumbles together with the sound of thunder.

 

"—I'm about to kill you. Now grit your teeth."

One of the Three Seals shows its usage, also, yes, Fate is getting used like the tool she had become.

Click the heart if you want to show love for the story

Extra Note: I have a Patreon, but it does not contain advanced chapters of this story. It says that it has, but it doesn't, but it will soon again so if you want to read ahead sooner or just want to show some support, that place is available.

46