Chapter 1
55 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sounds of police sirens became louder and louder as they stopped in front of a house. The lights of the police cars turning the street red and blue."What kinda shit did they call us in this time?" a police officer asked, visibly irritated as he opened the car door and hopped out.

"Possible homicide." The other police officer pulled out his gun from his holster as he stood in front of the house. "The whole neighbourhood basically called 911. Apparently, they heard screams and several gunshots, so be alert."

"Maaaan, we don't get paid enough for this shit, and how come we're only ones here?"

"They've been dispatched to a robbery. Maybe if you stopped eating your doughnuts and actually paid attention to your radio, you'd know," the officer chuckled.

His partner rubbed his belly in response. "Yeah, yeah, well, they're good."

One of the officers walked up the front door and grabbed the handle, opening it.

"Weird, it's unlocked? You don't think the intruder went in through the front door, do you?"

"We'll worry about that once we've cleared this place out."

The two officers entered the house, gun in hand and a flashlight as all the lights in the house were off, making the only light source being street lights and the flashing red and blue from their cars.

Taking it slow, they went through each and every room, making sure they don't miss anything.

"If there's anyone here, this is the police! We are armed! Any sudden movements, and we will shoot!"

"We want to do this safely. If there's anyone here, come out slowly with your hands up," the other officer added.

The two were almost done. All the officers had to do now was to clear the final room, the master bedroom.

One of them grabbed the handle and opened the door. The door creaked as the figure of a child covered in blood was revealed.

The child was sitting on the bed looking down at something, but they couldn't see what he was looking at since it was so dark. It also didn't help that the lights wouldn't turn on no matter what they did.

The officer gasped but kept his gun held high. "What the fuck happened here? This shit ain't normal."

"I don't know. Look around the room. there's a chance the intruder could still be here."

Nodding, the officer surveyed the room, making sure there wasn't anything dangerous.

"Nothing. This place is completely empty. Whoever did this is seriously fucked up. Who would kill a child?" the officer asked, visibly shaken up. He had been trained to be a police officer, but witnessing a child covered in blood? That was not something he was prepared for. "Where are even the parents?!"

"Uhh, Don..."

"Yeah, what is it, John?"

"I think I found the parents." John pointed at the bed using his flashlight.

On the bed were the lifeless bodies of two adults, most likely being the father and mother of the child. They didn't see it at first because the flashlight could only light up a specific area, but the child was sitting down on the corpse of his parents and looking down at them.

This was already weird, but that wasn't the strangest part.

"Oh dear god." Don took a few steps, now standing beside the bed, inspecting the bodies. "John, don't you find it weird though?"

"Find what weird?" John walked up beside him.

"If this child is covered in blood, then how come its parents are completely clean? Look, even their clothes are clean."

"You do bring up a good point. For now though, let's call it in. Leave it up to the professionals." John grabbed his radio, pressing a button as he spoke into it. "Can we have someone investigate this place? Me and my partner were called in and found three dead bodies."

As John was talking into the radio and explaining the situation, they heard a voice.

"Umm, mister police officer. I think you're wrong. There's only one dead body."

The two pulled out their guns and turned to the voice. They saw the child who was covered in blood looking at them.

"Hello, my name is Adam," the kid spoke up.

"What the fuck? I thought he was dead?" Don whispered to John.

"I thought so too."

John looked at the kid. It was already creepy enough that the kid was covered in blood, not only that but smiling at them. What made it weirder though, is that the kid had blood-red eyes that seemed to glow.

"Hey Adam, buddy. Can you tell me what happened here? My name is John, and what do you mean by only one dead body?" John asked the kid.

"Oh that's simple. I woke up, and a bad guy was pointing a gun at mommy and daddy. I didn't really know what to do, but I remembered from a cartoon that I should always protect those dear to me... So I killed the man," Adam replied, smiling at the end.

"Oh hell nah, John. This some like fucking horror movie shit," Don said as he grabbed his radio. "Hey, uhh guys, can you come a bit quicker?"

"Ignore my friend; he's a little dramatic. Tell me, Adam. How did you kill the man?" John asked.

"Oh, it was really simple. I punched the bad guy like one of my favourite superheroes," Adam explained.

"And where is this body?"

"In the closet outside. I was gonna bring the bad guy here, but mommy and daddy might get scared, so I left him outside."

"Don come with me. We're checking this closet out."

The two went outside of the bedroom and pulled the closet handle.

As soon as they opened the closet, a disfigured corpse fell out of the closet.

The corpse didn't even look real. It was beaten up so much it didn't even look human. And there was the fact that it was spotless. No blood anywhere to be seen.

"Fuck this shit, John. I'm leaving this house. You can stay with the kid if you want." Don rushed out of the house and bent over as he puked on the lawn.

After about 10 minutes, a group of police officers and investigators appeared on the crime scene. They closed the area off and investigated the scene.

6