Apres 2 and Preface
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

==========

Apres 2

==========

I lounged by the fire and watched the humans settle down to bed. I was amused when they decided to set up a watch rotation. Anything big enough to pester us with me around would have to be pretty radical, but then, I had been asleep for the past few hundred years, so I'd be wise to respect their caution. Or maybe they just wanted to keep chipmunks and mice out of their food. Sometimes those small critters are amazingly brazen. The girl who had spoken to me earlier pulled the straw for the first watch. Honestly though, they could have asked me. After all, I'd just woken up from a nap and wouldn't be ready to sleep again for a few days.

I reached orthogonally to reality, pulled out an old diary and curled up around the book to read. 

The human on watch watched me from across the fire. After a while, boredom and curiosity combined to get the better of her.

"What'cha reading?" she asked.

I perked an ear, "Just an old journal from one of my pets."

"Pets?"

"Yes. I used to keep select humans or elves around for companionship. I've seen you do similar things with dogs;  though, I must say, canines are never quite as articulate."

"Oh."

"This one's name was Sarah," I gesture to the book, "would you like to hear her story?"

==================

Preface:

I was inspired to write this after a brainstorming session with another author, Nyxorian, about their fantasy world. Originally, I intended to write a guest chapter or two, then disappear and let the author do what he would with these characters. However, I’ve realized, I’m not done with them yet, but to go any farther, I should really make this my own work in my own fantasy world.

So I asked Nyxorian to pull the first 5 chapters I wrote from his work, “Azalea,” so they can stand on their own as a separate story. Nyx is still welcome to use the concepts herein, and I do hope he’ll someday resume his writing.

Most of the litrpg elements you’ll read were written in to blend this story with Nyx’s work. I have pulled many of them and left only the ones I feel are sufficiently spoofy.

If you do chance upon "Azalea" and enjoy it, maybe drop Nyx an encouraging note.

-- Trinity's Gadget

2