Journal 3
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---------------

Journal 3

---------------

I'm pretty sure Yrog was hurt more than she let on. She sizzled a bit when she jumped into the river and I'm pretty sure I saw blood wash out from her feathers.

Yesterday, I forgot to write in my journal. Yrog invited Allic over and Milly tagged along. I took Lily to our new house. It's so big! Lily actually gets her own room. Tom and Karl still have to share, though. Karl was arguing with Mon and Dad about that when we arrived.

The three baby dragons followed us. They're a bit bigger than goats and hadn't figured out how to talk yet. They were super curious and explored everything! All three of them rushed into the house when we got there. The yellow one jumped up to the mezenine and started exploring all the rooms. It came back down the stairs chasing Tom, who had wrapped himself in a blanket. The other yellow one stuck its nose into the fireplace and got burned and then started testing each different side until it found the top was just right and it curled up on the mantle.

The biggest of the three, a green one, went into the kitchen and then came sprinting back out carrying a plucked grouse and Mom chasing it. Finally, Mom grabbed a broom and chased it outside, then went back in and prodded the yellow dragon off Tom and shooed it outside too. It noticed the green one gnawing on the grouse in a tree and started pacing pacing around the trunk, but the green one hissed at it everytime it started to climb. The yellow dragon on the fireplace just growled at Mom and wouldn't budge. I finally ran to go get Yrog.

Yrog, Allic, and Milly all showed up. Allic got her kids under control and out the house and tree. Mom was pretty upset when Allic apologized to Yrog but not her. Yrog invited us over for supper, but Mom declined. Yrog had Milly bring us a leg of lizard drake anyway.

I stayed with my family in Lily's room that night.

Today the elves arrived. They flew in on wyverns. The wyverns only had feathers on their wings and head and didn't have forelegs. Yrog says it because they have a different Hox gene. They seemed really nervous around the dragons.

A regal looking elf and two kids my age came over.

---------------

=========

"Zack," said Yrog to the elf walking over, "I'm glad you could make it. It's been too long!"

"Lord Yrog. Invitations from dragons are not such common things."

"Really though, you have family living here. Mi casa es tu casa, you must come by more often. How is your father?"

"Not well, my Lord, which is why he could not make it."

"Alas." Yrog turned his attention to the elf children, "and who are these charming things?"

"Lord Yrog," Zack put a hand on each child's back and nudged them forward, "may I present my little sister, Princess Evalyn, and my son, Ephraim. Evalyn, Ephraim, meet the Lord Yrog'erg."

"Welcome little ones," Yrog put a claw on my back and nudged me forward, "I'm pleased to introduce Sarah, my new pet."

Evalyn skipped forward and started examining me from different angles.

"Indeed, Lord Yrog, she's a fine specimen of her species."

I fidgeted, uncomfortable under her scrutiny. Yrog's tail snuck around and swatted Evalyn's butt, sending her stumbling into a waiting claw. Evalyn struggled and protested as Yrog lifted her up by the back of her dress and studied her, turning her back and forth.

"Hmm... quite the fine specimen if I do say so myself. What do you think, Sarah? Can the two of you be friends? It's never a bad idea to have extra emergency rations on claw."

"I dunno, Yrog," I looked up at the struggling elf, "she's a bit scrawny."

"Lord Yrog," said Zack, "it would be a big problem for our family if you abducted another princess."

"I suppose." Yrog lowered her to a safe height and let go.

Evalyn landed on her feet and plopped on her butt. She scrambled back to Zack's side.

"Now Evalyn," said Zack, "apologize to Sarah for your rudeness."

"But she's just a pet!" Evalyn protested.

"Eve, to a dragon there's no difference between you and that human or anybody else. You will do well to be respectful to anyone who has received a dragon's favor."

Evalyn sulked.

Zack looked up at us, "Lord Yrog, Miss Sarah, please forgive my little sister. She is young and this is her first time outside of the Forest."

Yrog waved a claw, "Don't worry. Mindy would never forgive me if I ate her little sister before they even met."

"Now, Ephraim, introduce yourself."

Ephraim sketched a bow to Yrog then walked up to me and stuck out a hand. I gave him my own and he raised it and kissed the back of my fingers.

"Hi."

========

-------------

The elf princess was pretty stuck up, but the boy seemed nice. Yrog and Zack (I guess he's a prince) talked for a bit and Yrog invited them for supper.

1