Journal 4
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---------------

Journal 4

---------------

The last two days were so busy I couldn't write my journal. The day before yesterday, I rescued a coyote pup and a princess. Really, I rescued the coyote pup from the princess...

Unfortunately, I couldn't save the coyote's mother. The elf princess, Evalyn, demanded I haul back the coyote bitch she killed. The look on the elf princess's face when I told her, "No," and walked away was great! Almost as good at the look I got when I made her clean her own fish. Though, she did look so hungry and pathetic at supper that I shared some of my bread and half my second fish with her. Seriously, what idiot goes out hunting for the day with just their bow and a dagger? Well, I did kick myself for forgetting a pot. Hot tea would have been nice.

The puppy was super cute, though! It has the most amazing sky-blue eyes. The poor guy is barely weened, but he still did his best to eat the jerky I offered him. I think he knows I'm not his mom, but he snuggled up to my anyway. It feels kind of weird to care for the little guy because just a couple weeks ago I was trying to keep coyotes away from my sheep. Then Yrog ate them all. I guess dragons are a bigger problem than coyotes.

I didn't actually know Evalyn needed saving until Yrog showed up about noon the next day followed by a bunch of elves on wyverns. I was in the middle of showing her how to dress her kill when everybody showed up. The fancy, important elf guy was only concerned about Evalyn, but Yrog cared more about the coyote. When she saw the puppy in arms brought her head right up close! I told her to stop cause she was scaring the pup.

"You fed it, didn't you?" Yrog asked.

I nodded.

Yrog sat back on her haunches. "Well, I guess that's one more we'll be taking care of. My pet's pet. I suppose I better find it a wet nurse."

I asked Yrog what's a "wet nurse." Yrog explained it's a woman who gives suck to other people's babies. I told Yrog she didn't need to; I'd just get some milk from my parents' goat.

Mindy's going away got delayed because of the search, so we all had dinner together that night, after Yrog carried me back to Tonerg. Evalyn rode on a wyvern with the important elf, who I guess is her big brother.

Today, Lily, Yrog, Todd, and a bunch of other people from town met at the landing field to see Mindy off. Turns out, she really is an elven princess and the important elf guy is actually her little brother. She gave me and Lily and Todd and a bunch of her other friends big hugs, and Yrog nuzzled her and she hugged Yrog's snout, and then she climbed on a wyvern. Evalyn came up to me, thanked me for helping her out, and gave me her dagger. She told me to ask for her if I ever went to visit. I spotted the elf boy who kissed my hand earlier sitting on a wyvern behind the important elf. It looks like he gave up his mount to Mindy. Then everybody left.

Tonerg seems really quiet now.

I was (am) modestly inebriated while writing this, so hopefully there are too many spelling and grammar mistakes, or outright missing words.  Finally done with the Hunting Festival, and now on to more good bits about dragons.  Thanks to my 10 or so readers for your patience.

0