Chapter 1: The Bored Goddess
471 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I really wish something fun would happen. Samira thought as she peered through the viewing glass of the Divine realm. These humans are just so...boring.

Samira is the Goddess of Chaos and she thrives on causing it. Much to her dismay, right now, the world seems to be at a standstill. Peace and order have taken a lead. Samira hated it.

Samira slumped to the floor, laying her bare skin on the cold glass. Her long black and purple hair covering her back down to her thighs. She liked the glass against her stomach, she never really understood why. Samira placed one hand on her cheek, propping up her head, while swiping through views in the glass. She tried the usual suspects for chaos, the United States, Russia, China, and even North Korea. Everywhere she turned nothing was happening. Samira let out an exasperated sigh.

I wish I could just send down a disaster to spice things up. She thought. If only my father didn't take away my spell book. You flood the planet on accident ONE TIME and everyone loses their minds.

A Goddess' book was the source of their Divine Rites. Goddesses have access to magic, however without their books they can't control the thing they're meant to control. Samira's book was taken from her due to an accident in the deep past. I guess her father hasn't gotten over it yet.

Clearly he hasn't, so let's move on! 

Samira continued her search for something chaotic. It lead her to a random couple arguing. It wasn't much, but it was all she had at the moment. Samira laughed at the couple's anger. Every shake of the fist or elevation in voice got Samira hoping there would be a physical fight, but even this was a dead end. The couple ended up getting physical, but not in the way Samira wanted. She rolled her eyes in disgust and sent the viewing glass back to the global view of Earth. Nothing was helping her boredom.

Just as she was about to give up and take a nap, an anomaly appeared in the midwestern United States.

Magic? Samira thought confused. Humans aren't supposed to be allowed to use magic without our permission.

Samira let out a devious laugh. This means she could finally get some action. A human who interacts with a magical item left behind by the divine typically can't handle it. They turn into creatures known as the Scarred. Finally some chaos is happening.

The bored Goddess turned the glass to the location and zoomed in.

There she saw a guy sitting in a room that's clearly been blown back by the energy from whatever item he was holding. Samira tried to tilt her head around him to see it. Eventually, she used her fingers to rotate the view.

The boy was in his young adulthood by human standards. His black hair was in a mess with smoke coming from the top. His bronze skin had slight singe marks, showing whatever he had was extremely powerful. His white shirt had holes dotted throughout, and his pants were tattered and singed. The guy was sitting cross legged, but Samira could finally get a look at what he had and she instantly stood in anger.

How the hell does a human have that! She thought, the anger boiling over.

Sitting in the lap of the human, was Samira's spell book. Samira stomped towards her father's throne room. She quickly walked past the spiral glass pillars, and up the floating staircase. The door to her father's room appeared to go nowhere. The dotted stars of the universe could be seen behind it.

Samira opened the door to reveal that the throne room mirrors the day sky above the clouds. To her dismay, her father wasn't alone atop his golden throne.

Standing at the foot of the stairs to his throne was one of Samira's sisters. Not just any of Samira's sisters, but her most hated sister. The Goddess whipped around, her golden hair hitting her in the face as she did. Her deceptively calm golden eyes focused on Samira. This was Pracille, Samira's twin sister, and the Goddess of Order.

"I take it you saw it?" Pracille asked in her condescending tone.

Samira rolled her eyes. Pracille and Samira were always going at it. Pracille hated Samira just as much as Samira hates her. In fact, it was Pracille's idea to take Samira's book away from her in the first place. It was probably her fault it ended up in human hands too.

Hey narrator, is that a spoiler?

Anyway...Samira turned to the Golden Goddess, training her angry purple eyes on her deceivingly calm sister.

"How the hell did that human get my book?" Samira demanded

"Calm down dear sister." Pracille said, dawning a fake smile. She gripped her white spell book closer to her chest. "Father and I were just discussing what we should do about the situation."

Of course they were, she is our father's favorite after all.

Samira turned to her father, the God of Time. He was stroking his long white beard with his bony fingers. His bald head glinting in the false sunlight.

"Well old man?" Samira snipped.

Samira's father smiled, putting his hand over his golden spell book hanging from his leather belt.

"Your sister and I have discussed the perfect solution to this unique situation." He said "If you succeed, you may keep your book indefinitely."

Samira couldn't contain herself. She became giddy with excitement. She truly wanted her book back.

Oh Mr. Narrator you have NO idea!

"What do I have to do?" Samira said, fire in her eyes. "I'll do anything!"

"Oh you're going to love this one sister." Pracille said, slightly laughing while she said it. Samira rolled her eyes, and focused her attention back onto her father. She didn't care what her sister had to say. She was excited to get her book back.

"You will travel to Earth and retrieve the book yourself." Her father grinned.

Oh this has that bitch Pracille written all over it! Samira's excitement turned into anger. Clearly!

You see, since Samira hasn't been able to cause her usual chaos, Pracille reigns supreme down there. Samira won't even be able to kick a puppy without one of Pracille's agents coming to stop her. This was going to be an annoying trip for Samira, but if it means getting her book back, the bored Goddess didn't care.

"Fine!" Samira said, stomping one of her bare feet. "How hard is it to take my book back from a lowly human anyway?"

"I'm glad you're confident." Her father said. "Keep this in mind daughter. I do not want a repeat of your last transgression. If it happens again, you will lose your book for good."

"I promise I won't flood the Earth again" Samira said, raising her right hand.

On Purpose! She snickered.

"See that you don't." Her father said. "Now go. You have one Earth week."

Samira bumped her sister's shoulder as she walked back to the viewing room.

I hope you're ready for me to have my book back bitch! Samira thought.

Samira stood over the viewing glass, dreading her trip. She snapped her fingers, and the floor opened up in front of her, causing her toes to dangle over the edge. Before Samira jumped, however, she remembered the worst part about this trip.

Dammit, I have to wear clothes. Samira's face dropped.

The Goddess snapped her fingers again, and a black shirt, and skirt combo covered her body. To match, Samira manifested black knee high boots.

How do humans wear these things? Samira thought, as she leapt through the opening in the floor.

The fall was the best part of. The rush of the wind through Samira's hair, the feeling of the magical energy as she approaches the barrier that separates the Divine Realm from Earth. Samira loved all of it. Samira reached out her hand and concentrated magical energy to her palm. Purple flames manifested and coated Samira's body just as she breached the barrier. A thunderous sound boomed throughout he sky as Samira entered the Earthly realm.

Before she knew it, Samira was crashing through the roof of the boys house. She placed one of her fists on her hip, and pointed a finger from her other hand directly at the boy who was blown back by the impact.

"Congratulations foolish mortal!" Samira said. "You get to share a presence with the Goddess of Chaos. You may now grovel at my feet!"

19