Chapter 24 – Fired
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 24 – Fired

The mayor slammed his fists on the table! All his important documents and trump cards were lost during the terrorist attack!

“FUCKING! FUCKERS!”

He slumped on his chair in exhaustion in no time, though. Still injured, he even had to be stressed about his goddamn secrets!

“That woman’s family…” He stared at pictures sent by his assistant to his cellphone. “It’s that mongrel who hurt my nephew! And the bitch and his son who humiliated me!”

He blew up once again. “I’ll fucking destroy him! His work… their business… his son’s future! All of it will be gone!”

“I’ll make sure your entire family is buried in the ground!”

The mayor dialed his phone and the line connected immediately. On the other end, the person was sweating and was quick to respond.

“Do whatever it takes to make this woman despair!” His boss sent a picture of Cleo and knew what had to be done. They had plenty of experiences torturing their enemies. From raping, selling organs, and to even any inhumanely possible! These were the reasons the mayor’s family could have a firm hold in City Q!

“Get your ass out of my company!” His boss, John Rick, threw his things at him while squealing like a pig! Emanuel picked them up and walked out in silence. The former hurtled insults at him nonstop like a machine gun on his back. It seemed he had already forgotten who propped the company from the bottom to its current level. Without Emanuel, he wouldn’t taste his current life, let alone be able to talk to him like this!

Emanuel endured the very, very long corridor amidst his ex-coworkers stares and disparaging remarks. They looked down on him just because they couldn’t handle him being greater than them! Ace? What ace?! To them, Emanuel was just an old camel! It was now high time to go away or else, they would eat on his carcass!

Exiting the gate, cold air brushed all the hairs on Emanuel’s body. He looked around and saw the yellow lights striking his eyes into temporary blindness. Blaring horns struck his sensitive eardrums, making him disorientated and deaf. It felt out of this world. The reality suddenly became surreal. This was the reality he tried hard to fight for… was now crumbling into pieces.

Plop. An egg hit straight on his shoulder and cracked apart. He didn’t feel any pain but the slight numbness woke him. He gazed at the man who throw the egg at him. Behind the latter, people held cardboard and banners. They were clearly here to surround Emanuel and drown him with their spittle! No! They also had sticks and stones readied in their arsenals! Without hesitation, they jumped at him!

Weng. Weng. The police arrived but instead of helping Emanuel, they only secured the surroundings and let the people judge him. They knew his misconduct earlier and probably won’t be giving him any help at all.

There was no expression on Emanuel’s face. He endured the humiliation with steady steps. After a little while, the feeling of being surrounded subsided. Emanuel had a stench that would last a week. Bruises and blood could be seen all over his body. He looked up and saw a large monitor showing his daughter’s background being broadcasted.

His hearing finally came back but it was a fucking cacophony of noise! All the buzz was talking about the despicable woman! Even to the point of cursing her family and her ancestors!

Emanuel could feel his heart tearing apart! Something forced its way in! But there was no room for him to vent! His legs galloped! But the sudden outburst made him stumble!

The father spat the dirt on his mouth and jumped while baring his teeth. Once again, he ran with large strides! It turned into a full gallop not long after! His figure zoomed through the roads and traffic lights without care for his life!

Bang! He arrived at his usual place and crashed head-on to the door!

Emanuel pounded his ears, making them bleed a river of blood. He tried suppressing ‘him’ but the matters that happened were already beyond his mental threshold!

Yesterday might be his birthday… but also his daughter’s death day!

Emanuel rolled down the stairs. Blood splashed everywhere. But without an ounce of care for his well-being, he pounded on his head like a maniac! Next, he flung his head and roared toward the underground ceiling!

“Leave me!”

“I have already made a vow!” A voice shouted back at him, sounding angry and forceful! “We can do anything we want! But you let us rot in mediocrity and normalcy! I should be the one at the steering wheel! Not you! A wussy!”

The father clenched his jaws and bashed his head open! Blood dripped from the cracked wound. Yet his gaze became similar to a ghost coming out to life!

“I can endure everything for my family! What is life without them? I don’t want to let them down! And I don’t want anything to happen to them!”

“Even if it’s the cost of your daughter?” The voice said in a sarcastic manner. “One sacrifice to benefit all?”

Emanuel was struck silent. He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. But the owner of the voice could sense the trembling of the former’s shoulder.

“What can you do? Strangle the mayor? Just like what you did to that fatso? Fool!”

Emanuel muttered, making the voice speechless. “The least I can do is dig his grave…”

“Just watch… I have my own way of tackling my problems. I can’t lose any of my family anymore.”

“Ah… still a wussy. Ah.”

1