Chapter 42 – Kimininas; End of Volume 1
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 42 – Kimininas; End of Volume 1

Kimininas. A weak nation. The government was only ‘strong’ on its land which in truth was also a façade. It created an illusion to its citizens that it could punish anyone. Leading with an iron fist, the rude president always showed his undeterred presence. Still, his foundation was hollow. It was due to his predecessors’ mistakes piling up to a huge mountain.

Arm forces didn’t have complete training. Weaponries and technology lagged behind the current time. Politicians were disinterested to pass bills and laws. Evil groups exploited this and were smart enough not to expose the government to continue their schemes.

This weak nation had its sovereignty constantly challenged and questioned by neighboring countries. Especially the Tiger Republic! They were a bunch of bullies who wanted to gobble everything around it!

The commoners were enraged. In fact, it became even more heated as time passed discovering that their country couldn’t do anything aside from filing diplomatic protest. As a result, seeing the yellow monkeys in the news, biting at their lands one at a time, they were filled with patriotism and wanted nothing but waged war with these invaders!

Alas, almost everyone was just keyboard warriors and fervent gossipers. The few who really tried to make a change became a by-product of the current government’s platform – their blood was spilled by the hands of those in power. Being patriotic meant being killed by his own race.

Moreover, the government only sacrificed someone to endure the pressure and the commoners would know nothing but to chew on him on the internet. Countless memes and bashings spammed the internet. On the other hand, the president was still the same holy hero-fighter of justice in their eyes.

It was a rotten country. Yet, other countries considered it an apple of their eyes. Because of its location, it became a strategic land for foreign nations' further conquest. And it wasn’t like there was no economic value in the country. In fact, it was rich in resources but it was already divided by the oligarchs.

A weak groan echoed in the darkness. The small light managed to show a couple of shadows twitching before being fully animated. They shivered as the cold floor bit through their thin clothes.

Illinois’ eyes slowly adapted to the dark and from his estimation, there was a wide space across him. He fondled in the dark until he touched the wall.

“Illinois?” Lilia’s scared and uncertain voice sounded behind him. “What happened?”

“Wait. I’ll try to find the switch.” The boy continued his search. Unfortunately, it was futile. He’d already tapped all the walls but there was nothing. It was as if they were inside an empty wide room.

Fush. Fush.

Suddenly, a static sound rang and a blinding light shone in front. They hurriedly covered their eyes.

From the seams of their palms, they saw a huge monitor. The screen turned into lines before forming a huge blank face. Despite the person existing only on the screen, the duo could feel the tension and fear rising from their very being. As if the person in front of them was a terrifying existence! He could dictate their life and death if he wanted to!

“I’m a Man with Thousand Faces.”

Both felt dazed. But Illinois’ shock was even greater! He could feel waves churning inside his brain! He thought his mind was going to explode!

“That voice!!!” He could never be more familiar with the voice! It was supposedly the source of warmth and affection. But at this moment, the voice exuded biting coldness that enter the bones!

“You can consider me… the god of this world.”

To be continued…

1