Volume 3: Prologue
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I…I love you!”

One afternoon illuminated by the setting amber sun, a girl middle schooler shouts her honest feelings to an upperclassman. In this ordinary classroom in this ordinary school, these two are the only souls that dwell this closed space.

“Pl…Please go out with me.” She blushes lightly as she bows her head to try and hide the embarrassment.

The upperclassman scratches the back of his head slowly. He takes a deep breath and gives his answer.

“…I’m sorry. I just don’t feel the same way.”

A heart-wrenching feeling consumes the girl. Tears start to swell up from both her eyes.

She looks at his while on the verge of crying her eyes out. Her lips tremble as they try to ask for the reason. However, the shear grief of defeat is keeping her from doing so.

“It’s just that…you’re just not my type. You’re too…boyish…”

The already devastated girl is crushed even more. She turns away from the upperclassman she has confessed to and runs outside of the classroom. The boy tries to reach out to her and stop her, but is unable to.

Later outside the female restroom, the girl walks off still giving off spasms as her shoulders tremble with every sob.

She uses the long cotton sleeves of her hooded jacket to wipe off any more of the tears created by her broken heart.

“Oh how fickle young love is. I remember when I was your age; went head over heels because of a boy.” A lady dressed in violet tells the young girl.

Her blonde hair reflects the orange sunlight in dazzling brilliance. She leans against a wall beside a window; however, the glare from the setting sun obscures her face.

“You’re not from around here, are you?” The girl asks the mysterious lady.

“It’s the accent, isn’t it?” The lady gives a chuckle as she paces towards her, still unable to make up her face. “Hear me out on this. I’m sure you noticed something after, well for a lack of better term, ‘volunteered’ for Professor Harvey Kingsley’s research. You’re faster, stronger, and think better than your peers.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“You can play coy with me all you want, but that’s not what I came here to tell you.”

The woman places a hand on the young girl’s shoulder.

“I’ll just cut to it. Since Lance Corp. went bankrupt, atrocity against people like you was on the rise. And it’s not just them, but nearly everyone around them suffered that fate alongside them. Strings of killings or supposed accidents are rampant all over the world. What they’re after is still unknown.”

The girl with already a heavy burden on her chest gives a huff and brushes the hand off her shoulder.

“I’m not interested. Those people have nothing to do with me.” She says as she walks off without even batting an eye towards the unknown woman.

“Oh but they do, especially your father.”

“Wait, how did …”

“Oh, still think I’m bluffing? Your father is involved in something that is way over his head. He’s a pawn and he doesn’t know it. And now…daddy needs you.”

“What do you want?” She turns to face the enigmatic lady in violet.

“I have a proposition for you…Miss Alexia Kingsley…”

0