Chapter 1: Just Doing My Job
77 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amelia strolled down the sidewalk of the campus, her luggage rolling against the cement. She came to a stop in front of a dorm building, and checked a paper copy of the Hololive University map.

"Yup, this should be the place - Tokino Hall!" She admired the building for a moment. It was really exciting; this was where she'd be living while studying to be the next world-famous detective. More importantly, however, was that she'd heard this school had tons of weird students. She was definitely looking forward to meeting some supernatural classmates.

She stepped through the main doors and went straight to the front desk to get her room number.

"Ms. Watson! Great to see you!" Exclaimed the neat and tidy woman behind the counter. "I'm Sora Tokino, the Resident Advisor at Tokino Hall. Your roommate is already here, she showed up a little while ago. Her name is Pekora Usada! She should already be set up; why don't you go introduce yourself?"

Sora handed Amelia a small index card with her room number on it. The sleuth-in-training took it, and thanked the RA before rolling her suitcase down the hall.

Several students had their doors propped open,  and were socializing with one another across the hall. Amelia walked past girls with animal ears, horns, tails; it was the exact kind of weird she'd heard about. She wondered what her roommate would be like. Maybe a cat, or a dog? She'd always like dogs.

She came to halt in front of room 117, and took out her school ID. She took a deep breath. She needed to make a good first impression. What would she say?

She swiped her card, heard the receiver beep, and opened the door.

"Hiii Pekora-chan! I'm Amelia-"

As the door swung open, Amelia froze. Laying face down on the tile floor, with a large gash in her back, was a girl with cute bunny ears and carrots in her blue braids. Towering over her, and leaning against a dorm bed decorated with cute rabbit-themed paraphernalia, stood a tall, pink-haired girl in a black dress, wielding a long, bloody scythe. This girl was absent-mindedly checking her phone, as occasional flecks of blood dripped from the metal blade of her weapon. She glanced briefly at the open door without really acknowledging her visitor, and continued calmly tapping about on her phone. 

Finally, however, her head shot up. Her eyes went wide like a guilty cat, and her gaze darted anxiously between Amelia and the dead rabbit girl. Finally, she locked eyes with the spectator and carefully slid the corpse underneath the bed with a foot. Then, as if her job was done, she returned to her phone once again while Amelia remained petrified in the doorway.

5